ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective on Things

PackerPete

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
I am disappointed as all of us are. The bar has now been set pretty high for IU baseball....something that probably a lot of us over the years never thought of. That being said, I am sure the baseball staff will not settle. Let us remember, Mid-West baseball at the college level is behind all other regions just due to weather....those warmer climate guys get to play outside so much more. Let us also remember that baseball if a fickle game...look at all the higher seeds that are not winning this year! If I read the ESPN screen properly...there were more non-seeded teams hitting the Super Regionals than seeded.

That being said, let us be glad we do have a guy like Coach Smith at IU, let us hope that the facilities will continue to draw top ranked players to Bloomington, let us keep supporting these kids and the program and see what happens. The baseball program has come a long, long way...let us have some trust in Smith that he will continue to push the bar up higher and higher.

+1000

Second guessing a coach that has accomplished as much as Coach Smith as doesn't help anything. Future looks very bright.

I never thought I would watch an IU baseball game in June. It's happened the last two seasons and it's been fun! Hats off to these kids and coach Smith!

While I'm a novice at College Baseball....(tournament rankings)

It ticks me off to see us lose like that....HOWEVER....

Three of the top four national seeds are gone (Oregon St., Florida, and (sadly) IU...)

Traditional power LSU....gone....

This year tied a record for the number of extra inning games....

I WAS intrigued, but I don't care now that IU is out.

Go Vandy....

ADVERTISEMENT