ADVERTISEMENT

Perfect Game preseason Top 25

IU has a lot of talent on the 2021 roster, in a way almost too much. Hard to keep everyone happy. However, the biggest factor regarding the 2021 season IMO is what the B1G ultimately decides to do with the 2021 season. College Baseball 2021 shows the current status of various leagues wrt 2021 schedules. The B1G sticks out like a sore thumb, but there is a note indicating the league position could be modified In early 2021. Given the “success” of the B1G regarding football perhaps some easing of the current restrictions will be forthcoming soon.

Reactions: snowling
Heading to a game from nick's after a strom and a couple or three pints of BBC Ruby Red
I posted it somewhere else, but we've gotten into the habit of cashing some Hilton points to stay downtown, breakfast at the spoon and day drink/people watch around the game. Bloomington in the summer is great now, just like it was 30+ years ago.

I posted it somewhere else, but we've gotten into the habit of cashing some Hilton points to stay downtown, breakfast at the spoon and day drink/people watch around the game. Bloomington in the summer is great now, just like it was 30+ years ago.

Always been a 'spoon' fan.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I don't see any reason for not allowing fans at baseball games. Social distancing is not a problem at all for most games, even before the pandemic (not counting NCAA tournament games). Just limit the number, in case there is a huge turnout for some reason. Plus, it's outside, for crying out loud.

And secondly, can anyone explain to me why the Big Ten allowed non-conference games for basketball but not for baseball? Ridiculous.

And another thing, pretty sure I saw where B1G was banning air travel for baseball & soft ball. I have seen suggestions 13 week season starting in March, play everyone and no B1g tourney. IMO if the B1g doesn’t move off these ridiculous approaches and very soon this will set baseball back years wrt the national college baseball scene. Ironically when many teams have started to gain national traction, including IU.

Go Hoosiers!

Digging around in the linked website I found a January 13 tweet from Kendall Rogers regarding b1g baseball. In case the link doesn’t work he tweeted no change in b1g conference only games plan and that league is working on start date and schedule.

A true round robin schedule in a 13 team league (thank you Barry) means a March 5 start to allow 13 weeks, with 1 open weekend for each team, leading up the June 4 CWS playoff start. Who knows but would think they would at least try to schedule 4 game weekend sets with 1 or 2 of the 4 being 7 inning games to strive for 48 games. With the far flung nature of the league hopefully air travel is allowed and some allowance for Thursday &/or Monday games will be included for weekends with weather issues. For number of reasons a b1g tourney makes no sense to me so that probably means look for one in late May.

All in all I think the b1g position is absolutely ridiculous. I think it hurts the league nationally at a critical time when a few schools are making a dent in the national scene, but so what it is what it is. I so very much hope the Hoosiers stick together and make the most of this, rise to the top of this heap, so they can force their way into the college playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT