ADVERTISEMENT

per broilee fans: Nojel is the next Rodman...

jimmygoiu

All-American
Sep 5, 2001
his mom is on board with it. Look it up, numerous broilee fans say he'll be a better pro...

personally I don't like posts like this. Let this mess stay on GBI. Like it or not...we haven't beaten them in a long while, even though they've played like shit against us. We've just managed to play shittier.

We held them to 40 some points last year and Carsen shot 4 for 25...and yet we somehow still found a way to lose. That's just flat out embarrassing. I'm going to wait until we start owning their asses again before I start back up with the Lil' bro talk.

personally I don't like posts like this. Let this mess stay on GBI. Like it or not...we haven't beaten them in a long while, even though they've played like shit against us. We've just managed to play shittier.

We held them to 40 some points last year and Carsen shot 4 for 25...and yet we somehow still found a way to lose. That's just flat out embarrassing. I'm going to wait until we start owning their asses again before I start back up with the Lil' bro talk.

I’m with you ... but frankly we do own them. Every once in a while little brother makes a run, but is always little brother. There is still no contest on the national stage, I really don’t care what they do ... if they win, good for them.

That said, our performance against them has been “mind-blowing” embarrassing ... it’s like ineptitude married low confidence ... I’m sure hoping that tide turns soon as those are fun games when both teams are competing.

I’m with you ... but frankly we do own them. Every once in a while little brother makes a run, but is always little brother. There is still no contest on the national stage, I really don’t care what they do ... if they win, good for them.

That said, our performance against them has been “mind-blowing” embarrassing ... it’s like ineptitude married low confidence ... I’m sure hoping that tide turns soon as those are fun games when both teams are competing.
I’m not sure it’s even a conversation on the national stage but, were it to be so, they’ve had much more success of late than we have. I happen to believe nobody much cates nationally and that this is something mostly confined within the borders of Indiana, with spillover to other areas where slums of both schools reside. In essence, I don’t think IU-PU is a “national stage” rivalry, at least currently.

Last edited:
I’m not sure it’s even a conversation on the national stage but, we’re it to be so, they’ve had much more success of late than we have. I happen to believe nobody much cates nationally and that this is something mostly confined within the borders of Indiana, with spillover to other areas where slums of both schools reside. In essence, I don’t think IU-PU is a “national stage” rivalry, at least currently.
agreed re your last statement. It is no longer a national stage-level rivalry. Hate to admit it, or accept it, but because Purdue seems forever stuck in mediocre mode, and we've slipped 3 notches down from where we were in the early 90s, this rivalry is not of national interest anymore. I just hope I'm still alive if/when it ever does get back to that point. Starting to have my doubts.

Last edited:
Not unusual that the longer they’ve sat on their ass for weeks on end without any real basketball to watch the more delusional they’ve become about their kid/player’s capabilities.

some recent IU/Pur games have been some of the ugliest basketball I have ever watched, and I've coached 4th grade in house ball before. At least those little pee-wees have an excuse.

Anyone under the age of 30 has seen little of what IU basketball once was. What they've seen is a program that is, at best, as successful as Purdue. With a lot of volatility in the program and coaching stability.

Anyone remember the last 5 min of the first half at Mackey this season? My high school coach would have dressed the JV team back up and sent them out for the second half while we (varsity) waited on the bus...with the heat turned off. Without showering. And the next practice would have been the Bataan death march.

Last edited:
agreed re your last statement. It is no longer a national stage-level rivalry. Hate to admit it, or accept it, but because Purdue seems forever stuck in mediocre mode, and we've slipped 3 notches down from where we were in the early 90s, this rivalry is not of national interest anymore. I just hope I'm still alive if/when it ever does get back to that point. Starting to have my doubts.
I think they’ve been better than mediocre in almost all years, and they always seem to have a plan for coming back when they slip. There’s a culture there that tends to maximize their strengths, and they’ve obviously benefitted from the continuity afforded by having two pretty good coaches over a long span of time. I liken them in a way to Iowa football in that they have a loyal following, they’re always a tough opponent, they have some inherent challenges that will impede high level recruiting, but they generally acquit themselves well in the conference and to a certain point nationally. I never want IU to emulate Purdue, but any honest observer has to admit that they’ve done more things well than we have in regard to basketball for the last few decades. And that’s not their fault, that’s ours.

Now I agree with you. I'm trying to put myself in the place of a basketball player and then my mother is writing things about me publicly. I would not take that very well.
Why does a fan of another program care in the least what the mother of a player for that program thinks about her kid? Jimmy is actively fishing for trouble because that’s his MO. There’s no other point to his nonsense.

Why does a fan of another program care in the least what the mother of a player for that program thinks about her kid? Jimmy is actively fishing for trouble because that’s his MO. There’s no other point to his nonsense.
I see what you are saying. But I was thinking about any kid of any program. What is it like when your mom is saying things publicly. It's not good.

I see what you are saying. But I was thinking about any kid of any program. What is it like when your mom is saying things publicly. It's not good.
Most parents of players long ago learned to tune out the noise and criticism from armchair wannabe “coaches” who roam Internet forums and scream and yell from the grandstands. They realize the louder the critic, the more likely they either never played or have been away from the game so long they don’t have a clue about it. For her own well being, she shouldn’t engage with the Jimmy’s of the world, since they’re obviously fools. But some parents can’t resist.

mzvlqfbgwecskr4qsrub.gif

Reactions: birdforbogey
Your first mistake is listening to Purdue fans about sports.

If I want someone to figure out the grade of my property, then I might consult a Purdue grad.

ADVERTISEMENT