ADVERTISEMENT

Per Bozich....

Reports on Scouts are that he informed IU and Illinois last week that they were eliminated. I think I pull back on recruiting and watch the season play out at UCLA and UoL with Pitino and Alford. If Preston or some other high level recruit wants to come then I'd certainly take take them. Time to move onto 2018.

Reactions: davidrdunn
Reports on Scouts are that he informed IU and Illinois last week that they were eliminated. I think I pull back on recruiting and watch the season play out at UCLA and UoL with Pitino and Alford. If Preston or some other high level recruit wants to come then I'd certainly take take them. Time to move onto 2018.
Preston will be lucky to qualify.

Evan Daniels reports that IU and Illinois are both officially eliminated from Wilkes' recruitment. I'm disappointed, he'd have been a great representative for IU and the program. But, best of luck to him and I hope he enjoys LA.

I've been saying since day 1 that we don't want this kid anyways. Crean was just recruiting him as a family favor but IU was never really an option for him.

:D

Evan Daniels reports that IU and Illinois are both officially eliminated from Wilkes' recruitment. I'm disappointed, he'd have been a great representative for IU and the program. But, best of luck to him and I hope he enjoys LA.
Sounds like from what I read is that for some reason he wants to go to school in a pro town and not a college town. I also heard that UCLA is promising that UCLA will benefit him more after basketball is over.

In all honesty, I respect the kids decision. You can tell he really put a lot of effort into thinking it through and wish he were at IU. I wish him nothing but the best.

Has anybody else heard that if Thomas is not a top-15 20 pick he plans to come back. Heard this on more than one occasion. I've heard also that he is all over the board for different NBA teams. a lot of questions about his footwork

Sounds like from what I read is that for some reason he wants to go to school in a pro town and not a college town. I also heard that UCLA is promising that UCLA will benefit him more after basketball is over.

there will always be lots of reasons listed by these top Indiana kids until IU has a coach they want to play for -- plain and simple. sure, never gonna get them all but we can definitely find a coach who can get more than this. then kids will say stuff like I wanted my parents to see me play or i want to bring the tradition back at IU. Watch. lol

Has anybody else heard that if Thomas is not a top-15 20 pick he plans to come back. Heard this on more than one occasion. I've heard also that he is all over the board for different NBA teams. a lot of questions about his footwork

then it will be time for some spring creaning

Would be great for him to come back but if he has a great season he will probably go.

there will always be lots of reasons listed by these top Indiana kids until IU has a coach they want to play for -- plain and simple. sure, never gonna get them all but we can definitely find a coach who can get more than this. then kids will say stuff like I wanted my parents to see me play or i want to bring the tradition back at IU. Watch. lol
Maybe . . .

Exactly. Long wing with handles and shotndoesnt fit at all w what CTC does. Oh, and great kid. You are right, just doesn't fit SMH
I never said he couldn't "play and thrive" in the program: I said maybe he didn't fit in with the way the team works, expectations or the social context of a small town school.

We have we have a lot of great young men down there right now that want to play for IU and CTC. I wish Kris the best as well.

Reactions: IU Scott
Still a head scratcher....why isn't IU appealing for these guys?

spp_mdfi_06coach.jpg

Reactions: T.M.P.
1) Where did you hear this?
2) I thought Crean was a great developer of talent, particularly big men?

the issues were lack of foot speed, especially on defense and lack of overall explosiveness. He's supposedly increased his vertical by 9" this summer, so it's apparent he been a lot of lower body work. I think Bryant is the only lock, as far as leaving early.

If he's not a top 15 pick I would suggest 14 GM's get their resumes ready.

This next NBA draft class is apparently loaded. So being in the 15-20 range is quite realistic. Hopefully Bryant wants to be a top 5 pick.

a lot of GM's said he made a lot of progress last year. if you remember at the start of the season he had a lot of work to do. There was a reason why he didn't even test the draft.

TBH, I want the 3 and 4 stars for 3-4 years rather than the Vonlehs. But we need more coaching prowess to do more with them. Troy for 3, Yogi for 4, and Thomas for 2 is ideal. Just need to go deeper in the tourney.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catfish_ Crazy
I wondered about TB, since he was not at all interested in turning pro last year, he may not be in any hurry. Some guys just enjoy living the college life style and some pros will recommend that you should enjoy every minute of college. If TB and/or OG come back along with Morgan then next year is looking better.

I still expect JBJ to go as he has been interested in the pros for a while. TB, OG, RJ and Juwan may all test the waters as Troy did last year before committing.

I wondered about TB, since he was not at all interested in turning pro last year, he may not be in any hurry. Some guys just enjoy living the college life style and some pros will recommend that you should enjoy every minute of college. If TB and/or OG come back along with Morgan then next year is looking better.

I still expect JBJ to go as he has been interested in the pros for a while. TB, OG, RJ and Juwan may all test the waters as Troy did last year before committing.
JBJr may go pro, but it won't be to the NBA.

Morgan? I like the kid but you really think he is NBA caliber? To me he is a role player this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT