ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State - 10/2 Questions

Fenny72

Freshman
Aug 19, 2002
Absent a road game at Rutgers this year, I'm planning a road trip to Penn State, likely with my 16 year old son. Does IU sell tickets to road games or would they be used by family/season ticket holders?
Has anyone been to Penn St to know where not to buy tickets, (sight lines, obnoxious fan areas, etc)? Single game tickets aren't on sale yet and likely won't be for a couple of weeks. I have looked on some re-sale sites and would likely look to sit on the IU side of the field, not sure where depending on how much I want to pay.

Anyone have recommendations for my trip, restaurants, things to do/see, tailgating, etc based on experience? I'll likely go to the Penn St site at some point to ask but thought I would check here first.

Looking forward for back to back victories over PSU!

Thanks,
Go IU!

Absent a road game at Rutgers this year, I'm planning a road trip to Penn State, likely with my 16 year old son. Does IU sell tickets to road games or would they be used by family/season ticket holders?
Has anyone been to Penn St to know where not to buy tickets, (sight lines, obnoxious fan areas, etc)? Single game tickets aren't on sale yet and likely won't be for a couple of weeks. I have looked on some re-sale sites and would likely look to sit on the IU side of the field, not sure where depending on how much I want to pay.

Anyone have recommendations for my trip, restaurants, things to do/see, tailgating, etc based on experience? I'll likely go to the Penn St site at some point to ask but thought I would check here first.

Thanks,
Go IU!
The IU section is at the very top of one of the end zones, so stubhub is probably the way to go.

Thanks,
Go IU!

When I went to an IU-PSU game we stopped at the Johnstown Flood National Memorial, which has an excellent museum concerning the flood, if you would be interested in the topic.

I haven't been to PSU in 15 years and I was 23 at the time, so take that for what it's worth. But it was just about one of the most fun towns I've ever been in. Maybe a little less so having an underage partner, but just a beautiful piece of country over there.

Reactions: Fenny72
When I went to an IU-PSU game we stopped at the Johnstown Flood National Memorial, which has an excellent museum concerning the flood, if you would be interested in the topic.
That is very interesting, thanks for the info. We'll be driving from New Jersey, so looks to be too far out of the way this trip.

Lovely town in the Nittany Valley.
Go to The Creamery: student run ice cream shop.
Trip up Nittany Mountain.
Walk College Avenue.
Go to the Nittany Lion Inn ( on campus) for lunch or a drink.

I've sat in the visitors section when it was low and in the corner and it's current location is the upper level endzone. The other poster is correct, I prefer to sit in good seats that I purchase on StubHub or outside of the stadium. Down side is that I don't really cheer, but I'm really just there to see the team and see how other campuses carry out college football. Unfortunately, you have to choose priorities between cheering/fellowship and sightlines. That being said, I've had a ton of great experiences and conversations with informed fans from other teams. There's usually a considerable amount of mutual curiosity and respect.

Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT