ADVERTISEMENT

Penix

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Either he needs to get his body right or we need to turn to Tuttle or McCulley. His inability to play in the last 2 bowl games probably cost us 2 wins.

Either he needs to get his body right or we need to turn to Tuttle or McCulley. His inability to play in the last 2 bowl games probably cost us 2 wins.

Penix is a walking orthopedic ward. He isn’t sturdy enough. Tuttle doesn’t have the arm strength. Get McCulley ready to go.

Reactions: IUgradman

Do everyone a favor and go find another team to pretend to support...

Blaming a guy who may still be in the hospital for a loss is a new low for you (and there have been a bunch of them)...

Freaking moron...!!!

Last edited:
Do everyone a favor and go find another team to pretend to support...

Blaming a guy who may still be in the hospital for a loss is a new low for you (and their have been a bunch of them)...

Freaking moron...!!!
He’s a typical emotional poster, glass half empty “fan”. We have a bunch of babied school children for fans.

What the heck is that all about ??? Lots of flaws on this team but mostly we worked through em. Penix is much more disappointed than you are my friend Hope he’s back soon.

Reactions: brianiu and 76-1
Blaming someone for being hurt is not cool.
Penix is a walking orthopedic ward. He isn’t sturdy enough. Tuttle doesn’t have the arm strength. Get McCulley ready to go.
And as for this, Penix has had three freak injuries that could happen to anybody. He's not injury-prone or fragile, he's just super unlucky. If he doesn't get another bad dice roll next year, I almost guarantee he plays the whole season. He took plenty of hits this year and was just fine.

He played 3 games his first season. 6 games last year. It isn't simply about playing a bowl game, but making it through the Big Ten season, which hasn't been the case.

Other players have had similar issues over the years playing Big Ten Football.

I typically like most of your takes. This one is pretty emotional.
Yeah...

Tuttle has way more arm strength then PR ever had. You clearly didn’t watch the Wisky game closely. He was clearly injured from the hit forward. I agree we probably win with MP, but he’s shown he can’t last a season. I don’t know what the answer is next year.

I think Tuttle has a superior arm to Rumsey, just not sure how much superior it really is.

Next year's QB needs to be Penix and ride him to a big season. A 9-10 win season would be a big season. Prep McCulley for the coming years/QB of the future for sure.

I'm looking to McCulley to take us to the Rose Bowl....Seriously....

Reactions: red hornet
I think Tuttle has a superior arm to Rumsey, just not sure how much superior it really is.

Next year's QB needs to be Penix and ride him to a big season. A 9-10 win season would be a big season. Prep McCulley for the coming years/QB of the future for sure.

After 3 seasons to date, can he make in through a complete season will be the first question for the talented young QB to answer in 2021?

I’m wondering if they redshirt him(McCulley) at the deadline. Just a thought.

After 3 seasons to date, can he make in through a complete season will be the first question for the talented young QB to answer in 2021?
Absolutely agree, no arguments here. Mike is the type of player that could realistically win Indiana 10 or more games next year. He proved his worthiness this past fall. Noone knows if he can endure a full season.

I’m wondering if they redshirt him(McCulley) at the deadline. Just a thought.
You mean allow him 4 games to play? Only if Penix can't go would they choose that route, IMO. However, I guess if he's that good, he could steal the spot??

You mean allow him 4 games to play? Only if Penix can't go would they choose that route, IMO. However, I guess if he's that good, he could steal the spot??

There's no way, if healthy, Penix isn't the starter next year.

McCulley, at best, would probably be #3 on the depth chart. Although we lost today, Tuttle played with a separated shoulder. Remember that qb sneak in the fourth quarter? Yeah, that was with a separated shoulder.

Depth chart next year at the top will look like Phenix - Tuttle

Yes. Just an interesting scenario. I’m not even thinking he will start let alone play.

ADVERTISEMENT