ADVERTISEMENT

Penix hurt again…..

It looked like he was experiencing left arm discomfort/pain in the closing minutes.

Someone on Twitter who said he sits behind the bench said they were working on “his lower half.”

• Haha
Reactions: BayernFan
Penix has talent and he's displayed that during his Indiana career. That said, he's not the same player he was before last year's injury. I hope he is OK and can continue his career.

I do think Allen probably needs to play Tuttle or McCulley at Western Kentucky on Saturday. McCulley is my preferred choice.

MP has a great arm and good speed if healthy, but does not have what it takes between the ears to be a good qb! Yea hes a competitor, but the lack of reading defenses, going to checkdowns, and bad throws,etc, this is why Tuttle needs to play more the rest of yet another wasted season!

How much money can all you boosters put together to get Arch Manning to come here!??? Im sure that kid has IT between the ears! Yet noway IU beats out Bama, LSU, Clemson, Tenn, or Ole Miss for him!

MP has a great arm and good speed if healthy, but does not have what it takes between the ears to be a good qb! Yea hes a competitor, but the lack of reading defenses, going to checkdowns, and bad throws,etc, this is why Tuttle needs to play more the rest of yet another wasted season!

How much money can all you boosters put together to get Arch Manning to come here!??? Im sure that kid has IT between the ears! Yet noway IU beats out Bama, LSU, Clemson, Tenn, or Ole Miss for him!
I think that is a bit unfair. He did fine reading defenses in prior seasons. He has just done more rehabbing than practice.

Reactions: 76-1

I don't think you understand how good Donovan McCulley is going to be

With IU's OL, they need a mobile QB not afraid to run. I'm afraid Penix has been injured so often that he just isn't that kind of QB anymore. Sheridan should recognize that and play someone else (McCulley?) until Penix can get it together mentally. No team can win if the QB is throwing three picks a game. That must stop or Penix shouldn't play. He is also a very inaccurate passer becvause he now has terrible footwork.

I've never been in love with him.
Ramsey was better ..
He's made of straw..Can't make the second and third reads..
Better get his degree...
His NFL dreams went up in smoke yesterday. I hope he has something else to fall back on. Right now he couldn't even get invited to an NFL tryout. I feel for the kid, so much talent and now so damaged by injuries, an OL coach who can't coach, an offensive coordinator/QB coach that can't call plays that play to his skills and realistically understands the ineptitude of his OL and hasn't properly coached him on footwork and staying fundamentally sound. If I'm Penix, I'm screaming at Sheridan and Hiller and telling my OL they have to get much better, because they're literally destroying his opportunities. He might even consider transferring and getting his own QB coach to fix his footwork issues.

His NFL dreams went up in smoke yesterday. I hope he has something else to fall back on. Right now he couldn't even get invited to an NFL tryout. I feel for the kid, so much talent and now so damaged by injuries, an OL coach who can't coach, an offensive coordinator/QB coach that can't call plays that play to his skills and realistically understands the ineptitude of his OL and hasn't properly coached him on footwork and staying fundamentally sound. If I'm Penix, I'm screaming at Sheridan and Hiller and telling my OL they have to get much better, because they're literally destroying his opportunities. He might even consider transferring and getting his own QB coach to fix his footwork issues.
Not sure I agree with that first sentence, but he sure needs to regroup in a hurry. Totally agree about his footwork. It seemed like he spun out several times to play fake and was nowhere near the RB. And on the botched sneak, had no clue how to time it up and find a slot to slide into. The Baldwin fumble was almost a tug of war too. Not sure I put all the blame on Baldwin there.

Didn't we hear this about Penix?
Penix has won some very good games at IU. He also possesses a boatload of talent but injuries have hurt his career and the overall trajectory of his career.

I'm not sure I understand your comment? Plus, McCulley was a top 100 recruit in the country. Many of us absolutely believe he has Penix level talents but with a more durable body. I think he will win lots of big games during his Indiana career.

Reactions: iueyedoc99
NFL dreams? One would think but he'll get drafted and make plenty of money because scouts are and always be in love with 'upside'. Someone is going to make the investment because of the 'arm talent'. Remember Gibran Hamdan? He played in like 9 games at Indiana but bounced around the NFL for several years because (I'm assuming) he had a big arm. That said, Penix was the problem yesterday. Could the o-line have played a little better? I'm sure. Sheridan was fine, Penix was lowsy. He has been taught the fundamentals. If he doesn't want to implement them that's on him.

100, I just don't like McCulley being totally ignored by that guy in favor of some other dude.
Ahh…it’s just more hype. We said the same thing when Penix signed with IU. Onward and upward. Yeah right. And the shit show yesterday didn’t help matters with the recruits on-site we are recruiting. We need the fans to help us win games, right? Well…the fans showed out yesterday and the team laid another egg in front of them. You want to erase fan support quickly, have games like yesterday and that will do it.

Ahh…it’s just more hype. We said the same thing when Penix signed with IU. Onward and upward. Yeah right. And the shit show yesterday didn’t help matters with the recruits on-site we are recruiting. We need the fans to help us win games, right? Well…the fans showed out yesterday and the team laid another egg in front of them. You want to erase fan support quickly, have games like yesterday and that will do it.
All recruit stuff is hype, I don't think Manning is so much more deserving of it

When are you putting your hat in ring for AD or HC bc IU would be dumb not to have you in charge!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT