ADVERTISEMENT

Penix - bigger and better

Penix now has the body of a B1G QB and I hope he can stay healthy all season. If he can, IU has a great chance to have another very good year in 2020. He will have a bigger stronger team around him which should make the Hoosiers even better able to win games in 2020.

I think the body thing is a bit over hyped in college. I think size helps him to absorb hits but his injuries didn't seem to be result of his body not being big enough.

This years injury was purely a fluke and last years was just something that happens all too often in football. The good news is they both don't result in re-injury, and if anything they are less likely to. Let's just hope he can stave off the bad luck and get us a Rose Bowl!

I think the body thing is a bit over hyped in college. I think size helps him to absorb hits but his injuries didn't seem to be result of his body not being big enough.

This years injury was purely a fluke and last years was just something that happens all too often in football. The good news is they both don't result in re-injury, and if anything they are less likely to. Let's just hope he can stave off the bad luck and get us a Rose Bowl!
I agree with you about Penix's injuries especially this last injury. You never know when an injury will occur and many players have repeated injuries while others suddenly stop being injured. I hope Penix is one that has his injuries over with and never has to deal with a season ending injury again.

Also agree, flukes vs "He's fragile" were likely his downfall. But I also think that his getting stronger puts him in a better position going forward! Really think he has NFL potential and with good WR/RB and OL protection, big things could be in the future.

If he does go down for a short time, I hope Tuttle can play like Ramsey.

while i totally get Ramsey's decision, reality is, it was a huge blow. (hopefully Tuttle proves me wrong, but doubt he's as good as PR, though i have no inside knowledge to confirm that)..

the chances of any QB not having to leave the game in more than one game, even for a couple possessions, over the course of a season is slight.

for an entire half, or even a game or 2, not that rare.

and most teams other than OSU can't withstand the loss of a 1st string QB without much or any drop off. (we were the exception last yr).

that said, picking up Tuttle last yr could be huge if he turns out out be our #2, as chances are we will need #2 to come through next yr, even if for short stretches.,

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
while i totally get Ramsey's decision, reality is, it was a huge blow. (hopefully Tuttle proves me wrong, but doubt he's as good as PR, though i have no inside knowledge to confirm that)..

the chances of any QB not having to leave the game in more than one game, even for a couple possessions, over the course of a season is slight.

for an entire half, or even a game or 2, not that rare.

and most teams other than OSU can't withstand the loss of a 1st string QB without much or any drop off. (we were the exception last yr).

that said, picking up Tuttle last yr could be huge if he turns out out be our #2, as chances are we will need #2 to come through next yr, even if for short stretches.,
OSU had some problems when Fields missed series. Every team suffers when #1s go down but the best teams can adjust to compensate when it happens which IU did last year under DeBoer. I hope Tuttle performs and gets enough reps in the out of conference games to gain experience he needs.

ADVERTISEMENT