ADVERTISEMENT

Penix and Tuttle

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
They will both be Sophs next year with 3 years of eligibility left,correct?
I’m not positive of Tuttle’s status due to his transfer here.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
In cases of a medical redshirt they can grant a 6th year....I think.
You can't apply for a 6th year until all other eligibility is exhausted. So while it's possible he could get a 6th year, he's a long way away from being able to apply for it.

We know about Penix. Tuttle wasn't available for the Spring game and I must have went to the bathroom when Tuttle threw the few passes he attempted. I waited in his other appearances and never recall seeing more than a short pass from him. That is something people sitting near me probably got tired of me saying.

My point was that Ramsey was likely to leave and Tuttle would probably have to lead a drive at some point next year. It would be good to have him in the game and let him throw the ball to get him some experience.

I would have loved to see him for a possession or two with the starting lineup. The coaches have no idea how he will react in a live game. Hopefully we will see him in the Spring.

We know about Penix. Tuttle wasn't available for the Spring game and I must have went to the bathroom when Tuttle threw the few passes he attempted. I waited in his other appearances and never recall seeing more than a short pass from him. That is something people sitting near me probably got tired of me saying.

My point was that Ramsey was likely to leave and Tuttle would probably have to lead a drive at some point next year. It would be good to have him in the game and let him throw the ball to get him some experience.

I would have loved to see him for a possession or two with the starting lineup. The coaches have no idea how he will react in a live game. Hopefully we will see him in the Spring.

I never bought the coach speak that there was a close 3-man competition for the SP.

The only extended time he got, still rather limited, was against EIU.

Bad first impression, as the first pass(?) he threw got about half-way to the WR, right into the ground.

He did make a tight pass into the EZ which could/shoulda been caught. Some others on here who saw him were more impressed than I. I'd be very concerned were MP to be out for any significant period of time.

I'd be interested in hearing from someone who personally saw a lot of him in spring practice.

If Penix can make it through the Wisconsin game, I hope Tuttle gets lots of time v. WKU, BSU, and U CONN.

Tuttle had some zip on the few passes I saw him throw this year, but I agree, thought the coaches could have gotten him in earlier in his few opportunities and let him throw a few versus hand offs mainly. But he's 6'4, has an arm and will get a lot of reps this spring. I think he may offer some things arm-wise that Peyton didn't, but I won't confirm that he has that grit, but not everyone does. That said, I think Penix/Tuttle could be another good run of a strong 1/2 QB rotation and the freshman coming in for spring ball makes me happy too. Penix did that too and it has to help on both playbook and weigh room growth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT