ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock was terrible

turney333

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2006
Just a horribly produced broadcast. Poor camera work, bad timing on camera transitions, frequent poor camera choice, slow/poor instant replays, slow response to the scoring on the onscreen panel, frequent incorrect foul count. Potentially frequent sound/ video issues (though not 100% sure as it could have been my internet connection, but given other issues probably not) The IU student broadcasts for exhibition games and other sports are typically vastly better.

Reactions: kkott
Just a horribly produced broadcast. Poor camera work, bad timing on camera transitions, frequent poor camera choice, slow/poor instant replays, slow response to the scoring on the onscreen panel, frequent incorrect foul count. Potentially frequent sound/ video issues (though not 100% sure as it could have been my internet connection, but given other issues probably not) The IU student broadcasts for exhibition games and other sports are typically vastly better.
Collinsworth Jr ever called a game before?? Lol for sure HS like production.

Reactions: kkott
Far preferable to ESPN, though. When we had a 9PM game on ESPN it seemed that it would always follow a 7PM game that was never over at 9. So we'd have to go over to ESPN News. Then if the first game would go into overtime, those of us recording the game on ESPN would miss most of the first half. Infuriating.

I had one hiccup with the service with around 5 minutes left in the game.

I had assumed this was the B1G network's production work...was it not? (And yes...production-wise it left a great deal to be desired and Bardo is awful.)

I had zero issues. The production side will probably get better and it gives our grads more big boy opportunities. 😉

iu student broadcast is God awful.

Collinsworth Jr ever called a game before?? Lol for sure HS like production.
Collinsworth calls ND football games... and I think he sucks there too. I don't get NBS/Peacock's love with him as a lead guy. He should be moved back to sideline reporting and bit parts.

I had one hiccup with the service with around 5 minutes left in the game.

I had assumed this was the B1G network's production work...was it not? (And yes...production-wise it left a great deal to be desired and Bardo is awful.)
Pretty sure they are owned and operated by NBC.

Ours was awful too. The stream kept getting messed up and not synced up. My son at IU texted me several times as theirs kept glitching too...it even totally shut down towards the end of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT