ADVERTISEMENT

Payton Sparks, Winchester

Wonder if we have this 6'9 man on our radar ?

Lucy01 mentioned him in the Lieb thread. I took it to mean he was a lesser recruit, but not sure if that's what was intended, nor do I know anything about him.

Lucy01 mentioned him in the Lieb thread. I took it to mean he was a lesser recruit, but not sure if that's what was intended, nor do I know anything about him.
What in my post implied that?

Check Sparks out, I think you will like what you see!
Looks pretty good from what I was able to find on the internet.

Like that he is 240#s, not gonna get pushed around under the basket.

One site says he has 9 D1 offers, the latest from Hofstra. Sounds like he's an east coast guy, and will probably stay there.

I'm sure that CAM and staff are aware of all the potentially good players out there. Maybe they don't think he's needed, as we seem to have Ducomb, who is about the same height and size, IIRC. Still....can you have too much muscle in the frontcourt?

One site says he has 9 D1 offers, the latest from Hofstra. Sounds like he's an east coast guy, and will probably stay there.

I'm sure that CAM and staff are aware of all the potentially good players out there. Maybe they don't think he's needed, as we seem to have Ducomb, who is about the same height and size, IIRC. Still....can you have too much muscle in the frontcourt?

It never seems that IU has enough muscle down low. They always play teams with multiple bigs that are full of muscle. I don’t understand IU’s historically lack of front court bigs compared to other schools.

Reactions: 76-1

What makes Winchester Indiana an east coast school?

He looks really slow and it's hard to tell how he will produce against kids his own size. Might be worth following to see if he grows a bit more or can slim down, but right now he isn't worth a scholarship.

Seems like a good kid and has overcame a serious injury. The numbers are a bit misleading based on the schedule Winchester plays. Please don't imply I am knocking the kid by insinuating he can't play in the Big Ten. He isn't mobile enough imo. CAM did get him to Bloomington for a game. So he has done his hw. Perhaps an impressive aau season could change things. I hope he finds a school he can play at and be successful.

Reactions: ulrey
Seems like a good kid and has overcame a serious injury. The numbers are a bit misleading based on the schedule Winchester plays. Please don't imply I am knocking the kid by insinuating he can't play in the Big Ten. He isn't mobile enough imo. CAM did get him to Bloomington for a game. So he has done his hw. Perhaps an impressive aau season could change things. I hope he finds a school he can play at and be successful.
Luke Brown!

Reactions: Crayfish57
Agreed. If you can't cover the stretch 5 in this league, you can't play the 5 in this league. The game isn't what it was 30 years ago...

He looks really slow and it's hard to tell how he will produce against kids his own size. Might be worth following to see if he grows a bit more or can slim down, but right now he isn't worth a scholarship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT