ADVERTISEMENT

Pauley Pavilion is a Morgue

The Mooreman

Benchwarmer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
I live here in LA, have many friends that are Bruins, including Chuck White, the "Don Fischer" of UCLA FB & BB. PP is lifeless, they never have a packed house for BB and Chuck tells me that the energy-level at PP is analagous to a morgue.

1-2-3 Swish is done (Alford reference for you young people) and until a coaching change happens, UCLA hoops is done.

Why a midwest kid (e.g. Kris Wilkes) would ever want to ball in Westwood is beyond me. Sure, our weather rocks and the girlies are all 10's, but for a true baller, that's not enough.

Reactions: IUgradman
LA has pro sports, Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Chargers, Kings, Hollywood, Disneyland, the Beach, bikini girls

Last edited:
I live here in LA, have many friends that are Bruins, including Chuck White, the "Don Fischer" of UCLA FB & BB. PP is lifeless, they never have a packed house for BB and Chuck tells me that the energy-level at PP is analagous to a morgue.

1-2-3 Swish is done (Alford reference for you young people) and until a coaching change happens, UCLA hoops is done.

Why a midwest kid (e.g. Kris Wilkes) would ever want to ball in Westwood is beyond me. Sure, our weather rocks and the girlies are all 10's, but for a true baller, that's not enough.
Pauley was a packed house just the other night vs Notre Dame.

I really like Alford and I'm pretty disappointed in this team so far, but it is the youngest team in UCLA history according to Josh Lewin (the current play-by-play man for basketball). I think Mr. Lewin is correct.

Only Arkansas and LSU are playing a more inexperienced roster so far this season. The top few least experienced teams according to sports-reference are...

#1 Arkansas
#1 LSU
#3 UCLA
#4 Kentucky
#4 Duke
#4 Cal
#4 Pitt

I think UCLA should be a much improved team by February and beyond, but I did think they would be a little better now than they are. The PAC 12 is so bad that they may need to win the automatic bid to make the tournament. More than likely Alford gets fired, but he'll leave behind a great situation for the next coach.

Fair points. I would love to have Wilkes on this current IU team.
Enhh . . . I like the notion of Keion Brooks to go with TJD and Franklin, and just maybe Stewart . . . .

How likely is it that Isaiah Stewart comes to IU? Are we still in the Matthew Hurt sweepstakes?

Pauley was a packed house just the other night vs Notre Dame.

I really like Alford and I'm pretty disappointed in this team so far, but it is the youngest team in UCLA history according to Josh Lewin (the current play-by-play man for basketball). I think Mr. Lewin is correct.

Only Arkansas and LSU are playing a more inexperienced roster so far this season. The top few least experienced teams according to sports-reference are...

#1 Arkansas
#1 LSU
#3 UCLA
#4 Kentucky
#4 Duke
#4 Cal
#4 Pitt

I think UCLA should be a much improved team by February and beyond, but I did think they would be a little better now than they are. The PAC 12 is so bad that they may need to win the automatic bid to make the tournament. More than likely Alford gets fired, but he'll leave behind a great situation for the next coach.
With the level of recruit they are landing they shouldn’t be this bad.

LA has pro sports, Lakers, Cippers, Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Chargers, Kings, Hollywood, Disneyland, the Beach, bikini girls

Unfortunately, you spend much of your life in traffic in paradise.

Wilkes would have gone to IU if it had a decent coach at the time. There was no way Wilkes was going to play for Crean and I don’t blame him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT