ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick and Simmons

YOTHN

All-American
Jun 20, 2014
Sad thing that the Camion Patrick story ended before it really ever began. I was looking forward to seeing him at full strength before he left but he definitely showed flashes. Best of luck to him on his academic career and congrats on getting a great degree!

Simmons took a strange Benjamin Button type path at IU. Started for IU early and slowly went to bench as he got better and then injuries ended his career. Should be a great asset as a coaching participant. I wish him the best of luck as well.

These are unfortunate developments. As disappointed as we all are, I can't even begin to imagine how these two guys must feel.

We do have some depth, and other guys are just going to have to step up.

These are unfortunate developments. As disappointed as we all are, I can't even begin to imagine how these two guys must feel.

We do have some depth, and other guys are just going to have to step up.
I wasn't really expecting anything from Simmons, as he didn't play at all last year. I was just happy for him that he seemed to be on his way back.

I was looking to Patrick as #1 RB. Now I'm concerned. How do the rest of you feel?
Patrick certainly had #1 potential, but I'm not sure anyone was really banking on it given his injury history.

There's good depth - - and experience - - at RB. Majette, Natee, Brookins, Gest, and Rodriguez are all available. It could be running back-by-committee, or perhaps one guy will emerge to carry the load. We'll see.

This is pretty sad... if you didn't know, his brother is on season 2 of Last Chance U and is the running back (they talk on the phone together during the show). In I think the 2nd episode, the life of Cam and his brothers is laid out.... pretty amazing they even made it to college let alone survived childhood. I was really hoping to see him breakout this year....

We were robbed of his first season and injuries finished him. Ironically, the same injury to his knee also ended one of his brothers careers. I certainly hope that he finds his education carries him and his family father than football ever could. Best wishes.

I was really looking forward to watching him on the field this season. If you want get some insight into his difficult life, watch Last Chance U on netflix. His brother was on last years East Mississippi team. One of their best players. Season2 episode 2 talks about the Patrick brothers up bringing. Mom left early, father in prison, kids raised in appalling foster home conditions. Really hard to watch without your eyes watering up. The very attractive and patient guidance counselor also has a IU sticker prominently displayed on her bulletin board. I wish Camion Patrick all the best and I hope he gets a good degree from IU that can afford him a good quality of life.

I was looking to Patrick as #1 RB. Now I'm concerned. How do the rest of you feel?
It was always pretty clear that Patrick would've been the #1 running back had he been healthy, but it's not at all surprising that he's not going to be able to answer the bell. A very disappointing ending for him, I'm sure.

There are numbers behind him, but it's largely an unproven position that's had question marks around it since the 2016 season ended. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

That sucks about Patrick. I thought it was a major red flag that he didn't play in the Spring game but was still holding out hope.

That sucks about Patrick. I thought it was a major red flag that he didn't play in the Spring game but was still holding out hope.

It was.

Patrick really needs to be successful either on the field or in the classroom In order to move up and out from his upbringing. Only the best wishes for him.

Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT