ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Fitzgerald comments

IU's strength of schedule is rated #13 out of 14 Big Ten teams. CBS ranks IU as having the 14th most difficult schedule in the Big Ten. Must be nice.. No, not really though.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Big-Ten-toughest-schedules-2019-Michigan-Ohio-State-133942768/

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...igan-wisconsin-facing-incredibly-tough-roads/

Will you guys hang a banner in that shithole stadium of yours for this? Would be consistent with your focus on IU.

Don't look now, but Brohm has already done everything you ever hope to have done:

1. Go bowling
2. Win a bowl
3. Beat Ohio State
4. Top-25 recruiting class

And he's already up to #27/25 this year with several more spots to fill.

He does not have many more spots to fill. Darrell I think that's a list of all the things Boilers could never hope for when you were the coach.

Really get a kick out of the PU fans on here talking smack about OOC schedules.
@Nevada
TCU
Vandy
That is a real murderers row. I will give you TCU had a great run 5+ years ago. They seem to have lost all that momentum since joining the Big 12. Props to PU for scheduling this game when TCU was at their peak. My guess? TCU wanted to schedule a weak sister P5 school and chose Purdue.

Vandy is Vandy. Brohm beat them in Nashville while coaching WKU. The next week he lost to an IU team with one of the worst defenses of all time.

The PU OOC schedule this year is, at best, average. TCU probably equal with the Boilers but play in W. Laffy. Vandy a weak P5, and an underdog, also playing in W. Laffy. Nevada a definite dog but they travel to Nevada.

The real big break for PU this year is they play no true powerhouse teams and most of their toss up games are played at home.

Simply put, IU can have their best team of this century and possibly still not make a bowl game. PU can regress from the last two years but there is no way the Boilers aren't bowling again.

Schedules matter.

Really get a kick out of the PU fans on here talking smack about OOC schedules.
@Nevada
TCU
Vandy
That is a real murderers row. I will give you TCU had a great run 5+ years ago. They seem to have lost all that momentum since joining the Big 12. Props to PU for scheduling this game when TCU was at their peak. My guess? TCU wanted to schedule a weak sister P5 school and chose Purdue.

Vandy is Vandy. Brohm beat them in Nashville while coaching WKU. The next week he lost to an IU team with one of the worst defenses of all time.

The PU OOC schedule this year is, at best, average. TCU probably equal with the Boilers but play in W. Laffy. Vandy a weak P5, and an underdog, also playing in W. Laffy. Nevada a definite dog but they travel to Nevada.

The real big break for PU this year is they play no true powerhouse teams and most of their toss up games are played at home.

Simply put, IU can have their best team of this century and possibly still not make a bowl game. PU can regress from the last two years but there is no way the Boilers aren't bowling again.

Schedules matter.

Funny you should say that ... because every report i've seen published says Purdue has a much harder schedule than IU this year, despite being in the 'weak' west.

I posted these 3 earlier ...

CBS .. Purdue 9, IU 14 (B1G teams only)
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...igan-wisconsin-facing-incredibly-tough-roads/

ESPN FPI Purdue 24, IU 57 (all teams)
http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/sosRemainingRank/order/false

SEC Writer Matt Smith ... Purdue 11, IU 46 (all Power 5)
http://www.southernpigskin.com/sec/2019-college-football-strength-of-schedule-rankings/

And Phil Steele just published his Purdue 22, IU 47
https://fbschedules.com/phil-steeles-2019-college-football-strength-of-schedule-rankings/

Yet somehow, they are all biased against IU. That's laughable.

And if you want to talk just non-conference, Chris Low from ESPN (SEC guy), has Purdue #9 overall in non-conference ...

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ootball-toughest-2019-nonconference-schedules
i

9. Purdue
Schedule: Aug. 30 (Friday) at Nevada, Sept. 7 vs. Vanderbilt, Sept. 14 vs. TCU

The Boilermakers scored a huge win in the offseason by holding on to coach Jeff Brohm, who was heavily wooed by his alma mater, Louisville. Now, Brohm and his Purdue football team will face a sneaky-tough nonconference schedule in 2019 where there are no guaranteed wins. The opener is at Nevada, which should contend for the Mountain West Conference title. And then the next two weeks, Purdue has home games against Vanderbilt and TCU, a pair of Power 5 opponents talented enough to play in bowl games this season.

Funny you should say that ... because every report i've seen published says Purdue has a much harder schedule than IU this year, despite being in the 'weak' west.

I posted these 3 earlier ...

CBS .. Purdue 9, IU 14 (B1G teams only)

ESPN FPI Purdue 24, IU 57 (all teams)
http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/sosRemainingRank/order/false

SEC Writer Matt Smith ... Purdue 11, IU 46 (all Power 5)
http://www.southernpigskin.com/sec/2019-college-football-strength-of-schedule-rankings/

And Phil Steele just published his Purdue 22, IU 47
https://fbschedules.com/phil-steeles-2019-college-football-strength-of-schedule-rankings/

Yet somehow, they are all biased against IU. That's laughable.

And if you want to talk just non-conference, Chris Low from ESPN (SEC guy), has Purdue #9 overall in non-conference ...

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ootball-toughest-2019-nonconference-schedules
i

9. Purdue
Schedule
: Aug. 30 (Friday) at Nevada, Sept. 7 vs. Vanderbilt, Sept. 14 vs. TCU

The Boilermakers scored a huge win in the offseason by holding on to coach Jeff Brohm, who was heavily wooed by his alma mater, Louisville. Now, Brohm and his Purdue football team will face a sneaky-tough nonconference schedule in 2019 where there are no guaranteed wins. The opener is at Nevada, which should contend for the Mountain West Conference title. And then the next two weeks, Purdue has home games against Vanderbilt and TCU, a pair of Power 5 opponents talented enough to play in bowl games this season.

Yes, I've seen the various reports. We can agree to disagree.

I did not say anything was "...biased against IU.". I pointed out the majority of IU's toss up games are on the road while the majority of PU's are at home. I don't believe anyone can dispute that.

See you in November.

Yes, I've seen the various reports. We can agree to disagree.

I did not say anything was "...biased against IU.". I pointed out the majority of IU's toss up games are on the road while the majority of PU's are at home. I don't believe anyone can dispute that.

See you in November.
Agree ... see you in November! Should be a fun game with at least 1 team (likely both) having bowl chances on the line. The anti-IU bias comment was an earlier poster in the thread.

I'm too lazy today to research it..., but I highly doubt that many teams out there will end up having played almost half (and most likely exactly half after Nebraska wins a couple of games and gets included in the Coaches poll) of their schedule against top 25 teams (see the current Coaches Poll)...

Still trying to figure out how anyone in the country considers ours an "easy schedule"...

Reactions: vesuvius13

If you're consistently ranked in the top five that approach to scheduling makes sense. A team like Alabama would have the depth to weather injuries and the stronger competition probably would make them better.

If you're a team with average depth, where an injury or two to your starters, or even just the extra wear and tear on your starters could affect your season dramatically in a negative way it's an incredibly foolish way to approach scheduling.

Last edited:

I’m not too surprised that you linked an article about Alabama that mocks them for playing non P5 teams regularly to try and prove your stupid point. Did you even read the article? It starts by stating that Alabama has the weakest schedule in the entire SEC. Saban claims that he wants to change that, but no changes to their scheduling are highlighted in the article. Try again.

Reactions: 76-1
I’m not too surprised that you linked an article about Alabama that mocks them for playing non P5 teams regularly to try and prove your stupid point. Did you even read the article? It starts by stating that Alabama has the weakest schedule in the entire SEC. Saban claims that he wants to change that, but no changes to their scheduling are highlighted in the article. Try again.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27357431/saban-bama-working-10-power-5-games

Over the past decade, Alabama has played primarily neutral-site games against nonconference foes, but Saban said there has been a concerted effort going forward by the Crimson Tide to schedule home-and-home series against marquee opponents. Among those series already scheduled are Texas in 2022-23, Wisconsin in 2024-25, West Virginia in 2026-27, Notre Dame in 2028-29 and Oklahoma in 2032-33.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27357431/saban-bama-working-10-power-5-games

Over the past decade, Alabama has played primarily neutral-site games against nonconference foes, but Saban said there has been a concerted effort going forward by the Crimson Tide to schedule home-and-home series against marquee opponents. Among those series already scheduled are Texas in 2022-23, Wisconsin in 2024-25, West Virginia in 2026-27, Notre Dame in 2028-29 and Oklahoma in 2032-33.

Hey dummy. Here’s what was stated in the article your bro posted:

“Sure, Alabama has formulated a collegiate dynasty over the last decade, but there's always been one concerning storyline surrounding Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide -- their suspect strength of schedule.

Many news outlets and schedule gurus have even ranked 'Bama's SOS as the weakest in the entire SEC for the upcoming 2019-2020 season.

Well, in a recent conversation with ESPN's Chris Low, the lauded head coach claimed that he would like his program to ONLY play fellow Power 5 schools from here on out. Kind of ironic and convenient, no?”

“Yes, we are aware of the fact that the Crimson Tide lead all Power 5 schools in games played against teams that finished in the Top 25. And yes, Saban's men are 14-3 in those games (including 4-2 in the CFP). However, you have to be as narrow-minded as can be to not admit that Alabama gets FAT each season against lower-tier programs that stand no chance against them.

Are we relieved that Saint Nick is open to turning over a new leaf? Absolutely. But it was far, far too-long overdue.”

And to your article, do you really think Texas, Wisky, and West Virginia are “marquee opponents”?
:rolleyes::D

Reactions: vesuvius13
Your comment ...

I provided a link to another article showing them adding Oklahoma, ND, Texas, Wisconsin and West Virginia as non-conference opponents. And I’m the dummy? LOL.

69h5eTg.png

10,194 days and counting....

Hey Darrell. Good to see you aren’t mad over getting run out of West Lafayette. (Then again, nobody ever complains about leaving that place. Wink-wink.)

I’ll make you a deal. You find a more embarrassing Big Ten bowl loss in our lifetimes and I’ll post a public “attaboy” for ya.

Your comment ...

I provided a link to another article showing them adding Oklahoma, ND, Texas, Wisconsin and West Virginia as non-conference opponents. And I’m the dummy? LOL.

You’re now a super dummy. Alabama isn’t even adding a so-called “marquee opponent” until 2022! Also, they have ZERO upcoming games against ND. Did you even read the article you linked super dummy? Try and keep up.

You’re now a super dummy. Alabama isn’t even adding a so-called “marquee opponent” until 2022! Also, they have ZERO upcoming games against ND. Did you even read the article you linked super dummy? Try and keep up.
You seem angry man. I just provided a response to your position that Saban was doing anything about it. Most football schedules are full up for a couple of years out, so no, most of these don’t kick in for a bit, but they are playing USC next year and Miami(FL) in 2021.

As for ND, i don’t know what part of the quote from the article above is hard to understand about them adding ND, but here’s another article if you don’t believe that one (and yes, they games are not for another 9 years).

https://rolltide.com/news/2018/4/19...notre-dame-announce-home-and-home-series.aspx

And for the record, i agree that the rest of Bama’s non-conference scheduling has been a joke.

Last edited:
Hey Darrell. Good to see you aren’t mad over getting run out of West Lafayette. (Then again, nobody ever complains about leaving that place. Wink-wink.)

I’ll make you a deal. You find a more embarrassing Big Ten bowl loss in our lifetimes and I’ll post a public “attaboy” for ya.
Meh. How about we do a "who's program is shittier contest"?

I'll go first.

It must really be shitty to be an Indiana football fan.

iu_fb_maryland1294.jpg

Emty stadiums.

antonio-allen-mugshot.jpg

Star players moonlight as drug dealers...

Dqdz1MqXgAAlaVs

More empty stadiums.

51Rv1rHOfGL._SL1500_.jpg

The last time IU beat Ohio State, the USSR was a thing.

Finally,

10,195 since your last bowl win... And counting!

I'll go first.

iu_fb_maryland1294.jpg

Emty stadiums.

Dqdz1MqXgAAlaVs

More empty stadiums.

51Rv1rHOfGL._SL1500_.jpg

Finally,

Beat Maryland!

Reactions: Darrell HazeIl
I am not sure why PU trolls are here telling IU fans about how bad the football program has historically been. I am pretty sure we are all aware of the history, but excited about a future where the athletic department has actually invested in football for the first time ever.

If you want to talk futility, PU athletics has that in droves. Across all sports, 3 national championships. How about the fact, a founding member of the conference has fewer conference championships than Penn State, or is tied with the University of Chicago who stopped participating in BIG athletics in 1946?

I am 35, and have never witnessed a PU final 4 on basketball either.

well at least they have women's basketball.

Probably too scared to start up a men's soccer program.

I'll go first.

iu_fb_maryland1294.jpg

Emty stadiums.

Dqdz1MqXgAAlaVs

More empty stadiums.

51Rv1rHOfGL._SL1500_.jpg

Finally,

You did not address the question, and you misspelled "There's never been a bowl loss that was more embarrassing to the Big Ten than the pity-driven 63-14 ass-whipping Auburn put on Purdue last year."

You did not address the question, and you misspelled "There's never been a bowl loss that was more embarrassing to the Big Ten than the pity-driven 63-14 ass-whipping Auburn put on Purdue last year."

Better to make a bowl game and get stomped than to sit home for the 2nd year in a row after back to back bucket losses.

I am not sure why PU trolls are here telling IU fans about how bad the football program has historically been. I am pretty sure we are all aware of the history, but excited about a future where the athletic department has actually invested in football for the first time ever.

If you want to talk futility, PU athletics has that in droves. Across all sports, 3 national championships. How about the fact, a founding member of the conference has fewer conference championships than Penn State, or is tied with the University of Chicago who stopped participating in BIG athletics in 1946?

I am 35, and have never witnessed a PU final 4 on basketball either.

Ahh the hey our football program sucks so let’s move the goalposts to include sports no one cares about. Those swimming titles from the 70’s were something else for you guys though.

Better to make a bowl game and get stomped than to sit home for the 2nd year in a row after back to back bucket losses.
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree here. After watching that curb-stomping last year I was thinking about how glad I was that I didn't pony up that kind of money for tickets/hotel/food/etc., and use up vacation days from work to watch my team get thoroughly embarrassed.

Furthermore, an ass-kicking in a second-tier bowl can't do anything to help recruiting. Missing a bowl and staying home sucks, but not as bad as spending big $ to watch your program be humiliated in front of a national audience.

We knew it was "the p u section" and were just trying to make you feel at home... :cool:Problem? :rolleyes:
Took awhile to train those birds to crap all over that section right before the game but damn impressive work!

Ahh the hey our football program sucks so let’s move the goalposts to include sports no one cares about. Those swimming titles from the 70’s were something else for you guys though.
Not sure I moved the goalposts. Just acknowledged you were correct about the IUFB past, presented some ugly facts about PU athletics.

Tell me, which if those 3 national title clogging up your trophy case was in a sport people cared about? After all, you are the expert on the subject.

Reactions: DANC
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree here. After watching that curb-stomping last year I was thinking about how glad I was that I didn't pony up that kind of money for tickets/hotel/food/etc., and use up vacation days from work to watch my team get thoroughly embarrassed.

Furthermore, an ass-kicking in a second-tier bowl can't do anything to help recruiting. Missing a bowl and staying home sucks, but not as bad as spending big $ to watch your program be humiliated in front of a national audience.

Can’t do anything to help recruiting? Well it’s clearly not hurting recruiting. Purdue just landed their 4th 4* last week and their class is on pace to be about as good as last year’s class. The best player in the recruiting class (Maliq Carr) will be committing in October. Purdue’s class is well ahead of IU’s but that’s not saying much. Purdue has bigger fish to fry.

Well that was lame.

I understand you're at a disadvantage considering IU has 30 years of failure and disappointment and all you've got to throw back is one bad bowl game? Hmmmm... 30 years of ineptitude vs one bad bowl game. It really does suck to be an IU fan.

OK. Round 2.

What life is like as an IU fan:

Your Athletic Department is so inept that they just resorted to copying everything Purdue does.

You spent money hand over foot ($53MM) on a stadium no one wants to go to, because you've trained geese to shit all over it.

686 all time losses. IU is the losingest (yes, you deserve that word) program in all of CFB.

Every CFB team has won at least 3 Bowls since IUs last bowl win.

10,196 days since your last bowl win and counting

I will respectfully disagree with you.

Purdue signed the #26 class last year and has the #28 class this year, with 2 more spots to fill. IUs best ever class was #38. Purdue is selling "did you watch the bowl game? You can play on day 1". And it's working.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT