ADVERTISEMENT

Pasta Con Verdure .....

T.M.P.

Hall of Famer
Jul 2, 2014
I have no idea how to write recipes, I seldom use them but here goes....

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Sauce ..
6 med cloves garlic
3 Tbl butter
3 Tbl flour
1.5 cups milk (could be more could be less)
1/4 cup (one handful +/- to taste) shredded parmesan cheese

Veggies, fungus and pasta ..
1 container mushrooms (your choice of type)
1 bunch of spinach
1 lb pasta of choice ( I prefer tofette but any thick pasta works)
2 tsp Butter

Salad ..
1 bunch of green or red leaf lettuce (casa's uses wilted iceberg)
1 green pepper
2 green onions
Quality caesar dressing (or make your own - I have a good recipe)
Shredded parmesan cheese.

Optional ...
0.5 grams of Bubba Kush or similar high grade strain.

First the prep. Optional...
Grind one bud of Bubba Kush or equivalent smoke, put into dry clean bowl and smoke. Turn on some Charles Mingus.. Smile, remember, life is good.

Then, the Casa's house salad....
Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
Slice green onions, including green part.
Cut one "square side" of green pepper
Place green pepper directly on burner med high heat until burnt.
Once burnt, put into plastic bag for 10 to 15 minutes. - let cool, scrap black stuff off, dice.
Combine ingredients and dress and cheese to flavor, toss.

(Optional) Yell, (to GF or wife, especially if she has repressed friends as company) "hey come here and toss my salad" then giggle.... and then giggle some more and wonder why you're so juvenile..

Then the sauce...
Mince garlic, add butter to pan until heated, saute garlic in butter for 30 seconds.
Add flour, cook 3 to 4 minutes stirring until it tans. Don't Tom Crean it.
Add milk - bring to boil WHILE stirring - turn heat down to simmer WHILE whisking. It should thicken into a sauce.
Once desired thickness - add cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

Then the rest ...
Saute mushrooms in a bit of butter. Set aside.
Boil pasta until al dente
Rinse and tear spinach, put into strainer
Once pasta is done, pour the hot water into strainer with the spinach until it wilts.
Save one cup of water. (See below).
Drain rest of pasta in another strainer.

Once strained...
Combine all ingredients in large pot, season if needed and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. If your sauce is too thick - add a bit of the saved pasta water until desired thickness, er thinness. If too thin - cook longer.

The spinach can be replaced with whatever. We do broccoli once in awhile.

Sounds fattening.

..but good.
Yea it's fattening. It's not near as good as the original. They (where I got this recipe) have pots that have cooked this dish for 30 years. It adds something that can't be replicated at home. I made enough today to cover tonight and tomorrow's supper, (its tasty enough you can eat it two days in a row).

Last edited:
Carryout out from Casa sounds a lot easier and probably not that much more expensive. I like the shells with mixed vegetables. I eat half and save the rest for later. I like it cold too. Cheesy goodness.

I have no idea how to write recipes, I seldom use them but here goes....

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Sauce ..
6 med cloves garlic
3 Tbl butter
3 Tbl flour
1.5 cups milk (could be more could be less)
1/4 cup (one handful +/- to taste) shredded parmesan cheese

Veggies, fungus and pasta ..
1 container mushrooms (your choice of type)
1 bunch of spinach
1 lb pasta of choice ( I prefer tofette but any thick pasta works)
2 tsp Butter

Salad ..
1 bunch of green or red leaf lettuce (casa's uses wilted iceberg)
1 green pepper
2 green onions
Quality caesar dressing (or make your own - I have a good recipe)
Shredded parmesan cheese.

Optional ...
0.5 grams of Bubba Kush or similar high grade strain.

First the prep. Optional...
Grind one bud of Bubba Kush or equivalent smoke, put into dry clean bowl and smoke. Turn on some Charles Mingus.. Smile, remember, life is good.

Then, the Casa's house salad....
Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
Slice green onions, including green part.
Cut one "square side" of green pepper
Place green pepper directly on burner med high heat until burnt.
Once burnt, put into plastic bag for 10 to 15 minutes. - let cool, scrap black stuff off, dice.
Combine ingredients and dress and cheese to flavor, toss.

(Optional) Yell, (to GF or wife, especially if she has repressed friends as company) "hey come here and toss my salad" then giggle.... and then giggle some more and wonder why you're so juvenile..

Then the sauce...
Mince garlic, add butter to pan until heated, saute garlic in butter for 30 seconds.
Add flour, cook 3 to 4 minutes stirring until it tans. Don't Tom Crean it.
Add milk - bring to boil WHILE stirring - turn heat down to simmer WHILE whisking. It should thicken into a sauce.
Once desired thickness - add cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

Then the rest ...
Saute mushrooms in a bit of butter. Set aside.
Boil pasta until al dente
Rinse and tear spinach, put into strainer
Once pasta is done, pour the hot water into strainer with the spinach until it wilts.
Save one cup of water. (See below).
Drain rest of pasta in another strainer.

Once strained...
Combine all ingredients in large pot, season if needed and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. If your sauce is too thick - add a bit of the saved pasta water until desired thickness, er thinness. If too thin - cook longer.

The spinach can be replaced with whatever. We do broccoli once in awhile.
Only thing I'd change is to use Parmesan Reggiano. Looks fantastic. I'll have to leave out the 'shrooms (we're outnumbered 3-2 against fungus in my house) and, although I'd love the option, it just makes me 'noid (due to health BS). Cheers, man. Looks awesome.

Only thing I'd change is to use Parmesan Reggiano. Looks fantastic. I'll have to leave out the 'shrooms (we're outnumbered 3-2 against fungus in my house) and, although I'd love the option, it just makes me 'noid (due to health BS). Cheers, man. Looks awesome.

Anyone who doesn't like mushrooms should be shot.

Sorry, bruh, nothing personal.

Isn't this exactly what you wanted when you created that handle and trolled people? So.....

I like to think it's something more than trolling. My small but loyal following lets me know when I'm good, and they let me know when I'm not.

I haven't smoked in, like, 20 years....back then we called it "weed", or "pot"...I remember we'd go through the 1/4, or 1/2, and pick out the best "buds"...these "buds" had maybe 2-3 "red hairs"...that would be exciting and those would go to the "personal stash"....we'd then fire up the "SEGA" and play hockey (the version that had blood)....I'd try to put on some John Lee Hooker....but the Zeppelin Box Set was out and always won the day....

I haven't smoked in, like, 20 years....back then we called it "weed", or "pot"...I remember we'd go through the 1/4, or 1/2, and pick out the best "buds"...these "buds" had maybe 2-3 "red hairs"...that would be exciting and those would go to the "personal stash"....we'd then fire up the "SEGA" and play hockey (the version that had blood)....I'd try to put on some John Lee Hooker....but the Zeppelin Box Set was out and always won the day....

It's changed. A lot. Much better now. In every way.

I don't like mushrooms, but that's because I think they taste like rubber. Maybe I should try different mushrooms?
Or sauté them in bacon fat with some fresh minced garlic, some brandy, some balsamic, crushed red pepper, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Sear them and cook off some water before adding the other stuff, then reduce it until its a nice saucey consistency.

Reactions: MtPeter04

I love them but the wife and 2 oldest kids don't like them and I like them better than you soooooo. Happy Birthday. Again.

ESAD Fat boy ..
Don_Grady_William_Demarest_My_Three_Sons_1969.JPG

Yea it's fattening. It's not near as good as the original. They (where I got this recipe) have pots that have cooked this dish for 30 years. It adds something that can't be replicated at home. I made enough today to cover tonight and tomorrow's supper, (its tasty enough you can eat it two days in a row).
My dad made us dinner. Chicken and roots stew. 'Twas delicious.

Hated them when I was a kid, slowly developed a taste for them, absolutely love cooking with them now. Raw doesn't do much for me, but sauteed are phenomenal

I'm gonna make this later this week. Wish I had the kush to go with, sounds a perfect companion.

You're basically an internet version of a clown mime.

Dumb dude.. seriously dumb.
It makes me laugh every time I look at it. Uncle Charlie is a beloved American television character. You should feel honored. Seriously.

It makes me laugh every time I look at it. Uncle Charlie is a beloved American television character. You should feel honored. Seriously.
You're not interesting enough to talk to. Quit bugging me. Go play with someone else.

Wow thread from 2015, the good ol days. Mas has proven to be a bizarre clown who’s rarely correct about anything.

I assume the call for bubba kush still stands, and also some decent parmesan for fks sake.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Wow thread from 2015, the good ol days. Mas has proven to be a bizarre clown who’s rarely correct about anything.

I assume the call for bubba kush still stands, and also some decent parmesan for fks sake.
You people even ruined ganja?

“Bubba Kush” sounds like a country preacher.

You people even ruined ganja?

“Bubba Kush” sounds like a country preacher.
The strain has been around since the 90s, probably when you and your nerd friends were still smoking ditch weed.

Naming genetic crosses of a plant is not the same as frat boys brewing an IPA with some grapefruit concentrate and sticking a clever label on it.

• Haha
Reactions: jet812 and T.M.P.
The strain has been around since the 90s, probably when you and your nerd friends were still smoking ditch weed.

Naming genetic crosses of a plant is not the same as frat boys brewing an IPA with some grapefruit concentrate and sticking a clever label on it.
Buddy of mine in Michigan has a pre 98 cut.

Reactions: The Vid
ADVERTISEMENT