ADVERTISEMENT

Overheard on sports radio

secondasky

Junior
Sep 8, 2013
This was interesting to paraphrase from a radio sports guy in a nutshell-
You have all spring football and fall camp to choose your QB
the ND coach got it wrong and finally switched to Book
the Purdue coach got it wrong and finally switched to Balough (misspelled)

I just thought that was an interesting comment on how good coaches can make wrong decisions sometimes.

Purdue didn't have a choice as the other QB went down with injury. I think this shows what getting more reps with the first team can mean for a QB.

Then, the coach admitted he was too conservative in the play calling. Those two key changes have transformed the Purdue offense into a dangerous team (ask the three top 25 teams they beat).

Purdue didn't have a choice as the other QB went down with injury. I think this shows what getting more reps with the first team can mean for a QB.

Then, the coach admitted he was too conservative in the play calling. Those two key changes have transformed the Purdue offense into a dangerous team (ask the three top 25 teams they beat).
They switched before the injury.

This was interesting to paraphrase from a radio sports guy in a nutshell-
You have all spring football and fall camp to choose your QB
the ND coach got it wrong and finally switched to Book
the Purdue coach got it wrong and finally switched to Balough (misspelled)

I just thought that was an interesting comment on how good coaches can make wrong decisions sometimes.
QB play is more between the ears than any other position and it’s hard to simulate live fire in practice.

Reactions: IUCol

3....3.....3 people
But we are 1st in excuse making.... beat Maryland

Reactions: BigMobe
For what it's worth, I believe Penix would have been named starter after PSU game had he not been injured, which to some people on board's chagrin, what not the coaches fault.

Could he have played sooner, maybe, but not outlandish to think a FR takes over around game 6 in a season. Anyway, he still has his RS status and bet big $ he will be starter day 1 next season.

For what it's worth, I believe Penix would have been named starter after PSU game had he not been injured, which to some people on board's chagrin, what not the coaches fault.

Could he have played sooner, maybe, but not outlandish to think a FR takes over around game 6 in a season. Anyway, he still has his RS status and bet big $ he will be starter day 1 next season.
Perhaps if he does not transfer.

Idiots predicting transfers based on nothing than senile “long time fans” drooling like they are on the inside of the program. Just keep your conspiracies to yourself.

Reactions: muubell and dahldc

Joey Sindelar (sp) is their QB mentioned. I was wondering the other day if they would be able to red shirt him since Blough has it going great guns. Hopefully not because I recall him being pretty good, too.

Joey Sindelar (sp) is their QB mentioned. I was wondering the other day if they would be able to red shirt him since Blough has it going great guns. Hopefully not because I recall him being pretty good, too.
Nope. Already redshirted and he couldn't get the medical version.

OK, troll much? He'll be a 4 year starter. Doubt he transfers.
If DeBord "retires" or moves on, as many think will happen, Penix will have to possibly "learn" a new system that might not be to his liking. There isn't anything a lock for him to be a 4 year starter or even stick around. There could be plenty to be concerned about in the offseason. Nothing can be ruled out at this point. Nobody saw Tronti's departure coming, or even Dawkins for that matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT