ADVERTISEMENT

Out toughed. Out played. Out efforted.

Oakland is playing Purdue in their 6th game in 8 days and giving more effort than we are.

Good way to put it, indiana can’t shoot beyond 15 feet and it shows. Your best big was missing bunnies and was getting dunked on and bruised all game. Not sure where to go from here, if i’m Archie I start looking over my shoulder

Richie

Good way to put it, indiana can’t shoot beyond 15 feet and it shows. Your best big was missing bunnies and was getting dunked on and bruised all game. Not sure where to go from here, if i’m Archie I start looking over my shoulder

Richie
Haha. You don’t know IU’s admin, do you.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Richie
Looking at a shot chart posted on ESPN, it appears we can't score from about 3 feet either.

Where's Joey Brunk? Injured? Covid?

Indiana University will not .Zero chance be buying any contract out. For awhile.
Covid = Alot less cash coming in..
Zero chance any coach gets let go..

Exactly. Archie is a zombie coach until 2022 when IU might have enough $ to fire him and absorb the financial hit.

Period. And if you want to add outcoached, go for it. But UT got beat up as much as they got beat and our guys simply could not match UT's intensity and hustle.

We’re a smallish team that doesn’t shoot well. The only way we’re going to be good is if we give great effort all the time. This was eerily similar to some of Archie’s turds from previous seasons. With that said we’re still a talented team and it’s the 3rd game of the season. We need to come out and play well tomorrow.

Last edited:
We’re a smallish team that doesn’t shoot real well. The only way we’re going to be good is if we give great effort all the time. This was eerily similar to some of Archie’s other turds from previous seasons. With that said we’re still a talented team and it’s the 3rd game of the season. We need to come out and play well tomorrow.

Yes, agree 100%.....what I can't understand is CAM's lack of fire. I didn't see the game, but I listened to it and to his press conference....very laid back, as always. Never too high or too low. Maybe a good approach at the NBA level or if you have great talent. Not so much for a roster that lacks size, talent & shooting ability, but has plenty of experience. DEMAND more CAM!! Why didn't he have those 4 freshmen in the last 10 minutes of the game. Send a damn message, The 4 freshmen plus pick 1 other guy, I don't care who.

Yes, agree 100%.....what I can't understand is CAM's lack of fire. I didn't see the game, but I listened to it and to his press conference....very laid back, as always. Never too high or too low. Maybe a good approach at the NBA level or if you have great talent. Not so much for a roster that lacks size, talent & shooting ability, but has plenty of experience. DEMAND more CAM!! Why didn't he have those 4 freshmen in the last 10 minutes of the game. Send a damn message, The 4 freshmen plus pick 1 other guy, I don't care who.
He did get a technical called on him today.

Period. And if you want to add outcoached, go for it. But UT got beat up as much as they got beat and our guys simply could not match UT's intensity and hustle.
Other than that though, things are good?

Archie does seem to struggle being a hard a#% at times. It’s like he has to fake it somewhat. I always go back to Juwan’s senior year during a 4 game losing streak where Juwan went 2 of 18 from 3s. I don’t recall Archie ever ripping his ass or benching him for it. It was something Knight or insert any other great coach would have done. You can’t have your best player making terrible decisions. It’s one of the main reasons I soured on Archie so quickly.

I stand by my prediction. In two years IU will be looking for another coach. It’s not that Archie is a terrible coach. He just doesn’t have what is needed to run a program in the toughest conference in the country. Now, that is just my opinion, after seeing a few games, so I could be wrong.

I see a team that plays without effort and heart. That is on the coach. It is his job to motivate, and his job to teach his players to play with energy and heart. Archie does not seem to get it done. That is truly disappointing to even a part time IU fan like me.

I stand by my prediction. In two years IU will be looking for another coach. It’s not that Archie is a terrible coach. He just doesn’t have what is needed to run a program in the toughest conference in the country. Now, that is just my opinion, after seeing a few games, so I could be wrong.

I see a team that plays without effort and heart. That is on the coach. It is his job to motivate, and his job to teach his players to play with energy and heart. Archie does not seem to get it done. That is truly disappointing to even a part time IU fan like me.
They actually played hard on defense... This loss could have been 40 points

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT