ADVERTISEMENT

Out of left field....

I would rather have Scott Skiles than Hoiberg.
Scott Skiles is a Hoosier legend, Skiles is intense, and would coach the fundamentals.
Skiles post-game interviews would be very entertaining.

Last edited:
Who is likely, other than Alford..pls no... to be able to "re-establish" contacts with Indiana HS coaches? My lord, have we lost so much talent to out of state teams. To me, that is a huge one for the proverbial check off boxes for IU's new coach. I know Stevens or Donovan would, but that ain't happening; so??

Reactions: cmsnow84
IU is not a proving ground....its a destination....dorment at the moment...but still a destination.

Scott Skiles is an intense competitor. Skiles was a successful NBA Coach, he would recruit Indiana well and be a winner at IU!

Scott Skiles is an intense competitor. Skiles was a successful NBA Coach, he would recruit Indiana well and be a winner at IU!
Agree 100% He was a helluva player for Plymouth.

A more realistic choice than about 80% of the names I've seen mentioned on this board.

Still like the IWU coach Greg Tonegal.

SouthBendJim

Reactions: Viking72
It's very realistic, and he can coach, and since he's had his own troubles in life and turned into a success ... he'd see through 19 yr old's abusing anything like he had X-Ray vision.

Reactions: UncleMark
It's very realistic, and he can coach, and since he's had his own troubles in life and turned into a success ... he'd see through 19 yr old's abusing anything like he had X-Ray vision.

Skiles? Or Tonegal?

honestly.....I like Skyles...but I see recruiting short-cuts and shenanigans with that guy trying to coach college. He's a pro and that thats where he belongs.

Reactions: Inequality
well it looks like tommy will get another year at least.
you guys are so lucky

You have stopped using the term "we" in your posts here. Helps when you check to see what sock puppet name you are logged in under before posting, huh?

He was fun to watch play.
My favorite was during some Big 10 game back then and he was on fire. Going back down the court he looks at the opposing coach and says "You need to get someone out here who can guard me". :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT