ADVERTISEMENT

Our terrible roster

My argument is that this roster has talent. Giving the staff that NO TALENT excuse is BS. I think the Indiana State game was great because it was a clear message to players. Your are SOFT. Why wait until the middle of the BIG for them to get that message. The team looked like they had a chip on their shoulder last night in the 1st half. Who really thought Morgan would play? If this team is coached very well they should make the NCAA Tournament. Maybe lose first game but this long season crap is a joke.

SOFT DOESN'T MEAN NO TALENT.

What would Crean’s record be right now?

ISU is no Ft Wayne? Right?

Because that’s what you are trying to say, right?

That Miller is no better than Crean, right?

All this “talent” plus 2 NBA players and another McDonald’s All American wasn’t enough for Crean to make the NCAA. Think about that for a second.

And not a single player is a Miller recruit....not one.

Excuses? Now go make your list on why poor little Crean had such a bad season last year with the SAME roster plus 2 NBA PLAYERS and a MCDONALDS ALL AMERICAN.....

It's obvious you make a lot of excuses.

What is so hard for you to understand that it will take time for Miller to get this team playing the way he wants the game to be played. You can't just get the players to forget their old habits and how Crean had them play. It is obvious you never played the game and know what it takes to win games.

Reactions: jaypay23
My argument is that this roster has talent. Giving the staff that NO TALENT excuse is BS. I think the Indiana State game was great because it was a clear message to players. Your are SOFT. Why wait until the middle of the BIG for them to get that message. The team looked like they had a chip on their shoulder last night in the 1st half. Who really thought Morgan would play? If this team is coached very well they should make the NCAA Tournament. Maybe lose first game but this long season crap is a joke.

Why didn’t we make the NCAA last year?

Coach or roster?

Reactions: T.M.P.
Let me ask it this way......

if starting tomorrow all cars were made with the gas pedal on the left and the brake on the right, would it be harder for a fifty year old who had been driving 34 years or the 15 yr old who just got his permit to adjust?

Why does everyone feel the need to immediately judge CAM based on 3 games?

Can't we wait until the movie is over to decide if we liked it or do we have to announce it during the title sequence?

Smh

NOT JUDGING ON THREE GAMES, DON'T TELL ME THIS TEAM DOESN'T HAVE TALENT TO REACH NCAA TOURNAMENT!

Let me ask it this way......

if starting tomorrow all cars were made with the gas pedal on the left and the brake on the right, would it be harder for a fifty year old who had been driving 34 years or the 15 yr old who just got his permit to adjust?

Why does everyone feel the need to immediately judge CAM based on 3 games?

Can't we wait until the movie is over to decide if we liked it or do we have to announce it during the title sequence?

Smh

somehow competed very well in the first half even without a fifth year senior against a very good veteran team. Amazing with how terrible the roster of highly recruited players is. Hmmm. Then it was stupid, correctable turnovers and fouls that did us in early in the second half.

Maybe soft doesn't mean terrible talent even though some fans want to give this new coach a pass because everything was the old coaches fault.
Crean sucks ... and so does your post.

I don't know why we have to constantly make excuses for Archie. He's coached about as bad as the team has played thus far.

Now I really like Archie and think he'll succeed at IU but let's call a spade a spade. He's stunk it up as well. This doesn't mean I want him fired, doesn't mean I don't think he can improve, doesn't mean I don't think he WILL improve. I'm just calling it as it is.

Reactions: jaypay23 and cryano
ChickenLittle.png

Hmmm.....I see that TommyCracker has some reassuring thoughts for us all... such as how we'll be in the NCAA Champshp. picture in 3-4 years......Swell! and how he sees the Hoosiers not just getting better at an upward trajectory LINEAR rate, this year, but at an EXPONENTIAL rate !!! Damn !! How great is THAT going to be?!! I think that I can speak for many on this board who are greatly concerned with this country's opiod crisis.......as is plain to see here.

Hey clueless, I think you missed the argument.
The argument is that you are clueless when you think a coach can come in and turn this team into national champions in a couple of months. This is what part of the problem is, the fans think they can do better as coach instead of supporting this team to get better.

Better watch it. The line is we have NO TALENT.

I don't know why we have to constantly make excuses for Archie. He's coached about as bad as the team has played thus far.

Now I really like Archie and think he'll succeed at IU but let's call a spade a spade. He's stunk it up as well. This doesn't mean I want him fired, doesn't mean I don't think he can improve, doesn't mean I don't think he WILL improve. I'm just calling it as it is.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Hey clueless, Here is the point once again.

DON'T TELL ME WE DON'T HAVE TALENT.

to finish middle of the BIG and make NCAA tournament.

The argument is that you are clueless when you think a coach can come in and turn this team into national champions in a couple of months. This is what part of the problem is, the fans think they can do better as coach instead of supporting this team to get better.

Nope. Highly doubtful this team will make the NCAA. I thought that was a high water mark, but it's pretty devoid of offensive talent and skills. I never liked how TB or JBJ played, but they were talented, especially offensively. Hell, in my opinion the player who looks to be the best scorer consistently on our squad is the freshman Smith; good player.

Take the top 3 scorers off SH's squad from last year and where would they be? Then take away their best remaining outside shooter. I don't believe in excuses, but you also have to be realistic and you're just not. That's where we are... and oh yeah, we have a new coach and system and it's the 3rd game of the year and our first "legit" opponent and road game. The results don't surprise me at all and it doesn't mean we don't have talent.

I do believe Hartman needs to play a key role for us to make it NCAA. We need to stay healthy and improve. We have improved a lot already. Indiana State got smoked today. Their all-world play did nothing. We do need offense but this team appears to be willing to throw into the post. Davis got screwed on a couple calls last night and played against a tough matchup. He has a chance and Justin Smith needs to start and play.

I don't really think the BIG is that good this year. MSU, Minn and PU talent wise but no one else is very good.

Nope. Highly doubtful this team will make the NCAA. I thought that was a high water mark, but it's pretty devoid of offensive talent and skills. I never liked how TB or JBJ played, but they were talented, especially offensively. Hell, in my opinion the player who looks to be the best scorer consistently on our squad is the freshman Smith; good player.

Take the top 3 scorers off SH's squad from last year and where would they be? Then take away their best remaining outside shooter. I don't believe in excuses, but you also have to be realistic and you're just not. That's where we are... and oh yeah, we have a new coach and system and it's the 3rd game of the year and our first "legit" opponent and road game. The results don't surprise me at all and it doesn't mean we don't have talent.

Is there talent on this team sure. Here lies the problem. Your best big man is in his second year with little behind him. Our two senior guards make to many turnovers and get lost on defense. Compound that with a new system, new coach and it's gonna take time. We do not have guard that can take a game over. Miller can coach and I expect this team to improve throughout the season. I am not sure this is a tourney team.

I didn't think we would win last night. But the first half showed we can compete. Then 4 stupid turnovers and dumb fouls took us out of the game.

Rivals Rankings

Davis #35
Johnson #48
Cujo #69
Morgan #109
Smith #119
Newkirk #129
Moore #133

Durham better than ranked and hopefully Hartman can play some.

If you are a student go to the games it may help with recruiting, empty seats don't.

What makes you believe it has the talent to make the tournament?

My argument is that this roster has TALENT to be middle of the BIG not 10th as predicted. Barring major injuries. Gelon didn't fit his vision which is why he was run off. That happens and let's call it what is was. I'm fine with that. If Priller wasn't a senior he would have got rid of him also. Soft has nothing to do with talent. It's mental toughness and ability to respond under adversity.

There is some talent and a lot of it still freshmen and a couple sophs who need to be reprogrammed. Due to factors including departures, this is however, a very poorly constructed roster. Very modest and thin in the front line. That will change with the next two recruiting classes.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
somehow competed very well in the first half even without a fifth year senior against a very good veteran team. Amazing with how terrible the roster of highly recruited players is. Hmmm. Then it was stupid, correctable turnovers and fouls that did us in early in the second half.

Maybe soft doesn't mean terrible talent even though some fans want to give this new coach a pass because everything was the old coaches fault.
The former coach that you miss so much will get a gig once the Florida International job opens up. You can follow him there. Just be patient.

Rivals Rankings

Davis #35
Johnson #48
Cujo #69
Morgan #109
Smith #119
Newkirk #129
Moore #133

Durham better than ranked and hopefully Hartman can play some.

If you are a student go to the games it may help with recruiting, empty seats don't.
Relying on Rivals rankings as your barometer for “talent” is your downfall.

Like what has he done that would tell you that he coached poorly.

Like what has he done that would tell you that he coached poorly.
I think we've underperformed our talent level in all 3 games. He clearly didn't have the team ready for game 1. There's never an excuse for getting blown out by Indiana St. Not with a full roster of players with better offers than anyone on IN St's roster. I get it's game 1 but that falls on the HC for not being prepared.

Sure we won game 2 but that should've been a 20-30 point win. I'm not complaining, a win is a win. But I'm not giving credit for that either.

Last night was probably on par with where we should be. He maybe didn't underachieve but certainly didn't overachieve. He certainly doesn't get any credit from me for losing to SH by 20 points.

Reactions: jaypay23
These excuses are hilarious. "Some he would recruit" So the other TOP 150 players wouldn't be worthy of his recruitment. You know 4 of the 5 starters last night were Rivals TOP 100. Another off the bench. Another Top 150 off the bench. Yes they are learning and you saw a lot of progress already. But

SOFT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TALENT. DON'T TELL ME THIS TEAM DOESN'T HAVE TALENT.

This team really lacks talent. It’s obvious if you watch them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT