ADVERTISEMENT

Our QBs are having a great year and more

vesuvius13

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 11, 2017
Penix showed why he is the starter and now is up to 69.6 % completion with 2 INT out of 102 Att to go with 6TD passes
Ramsey is at 74.3% comp rate with 2 INTs out of 74 Att to go with 5 TD passes

Together IU has 70.2% comp rate and 1520 yards in 5 games.

We are back to having an exciting offense that should bring in some higher rated recruits on offense. I hope we see this trend in the 2020 class especially with the OL.

The offense gained 70 yards rushing against a defense that led the nation in defense giving up just 52 yds a game rushing.

Our defense isn't where it needs to be but it isn't the dumpster fire many posters think as it rates in the middle of the B1G and top 40 in the country sitting at 36.

Life is looking up for IUFB and I hope we see results this year.

Penix showed why he is the starter and now is up to 69.6 % completion with 2 INT out of 102 Att to go with 6TD passes

We are back to having an exciting offense that should bring in some higher rated recruits on offense. I hope we see this trend in the 2020 class especially with the OL.

The offense gained 70 yards rushing against a defense that led the nation in defense giving up just 52 yds a game rushing.

Our defense isn't where it needs to be but it isn't the dumpster fire many posters think as it rates in the middle of the B1G and top 40 in the country sitting at 36.

Excellent post.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13

#36 on Total Defense, based on YPG allowed. 2 spots ahead of Alabama.

Seriously misleading, in our case. We played 2 pathetic Os in EIU & U Conn, 2 very mediocre Os in MSU & BSU, and 1 excellent O in OSU. OSU shut things down in the 4th quarter.

#52 in scoring D...take out the late MSU gift and we're #46. 48th in yds per rush at 3.85.

Bottom line.....border line top 50 D.

On offense, 20th in pass yds/game, 113th in rush yds per game. Pathetic 3.33 ypc rushing. Overall, #70 in TO per game at 414.

Penix is a game changer for perception as well as the reality of the passing game. Without him, this Saturday's game would have been every bit as bad as last year's, imo. Without him, the poor rushing game would get more notice, and CTA would be taking greater fire regarding the play of the defensive backfield. So, if life is looking up for IU fans, 50% of that is due to MP, 10% to the new OC, 10% to Mullen, 10 to Bedford, and 20% to the unrealized (as yet) potential of guys like Fitz, Matthews, Johnson, Taylor, Williams.....

If you honestly do not believe IU football is trending up, you are not willing to face reality, or are simply a troll, or simply do not like CTA. iMHO.

What I'm saying Herm, old buddy, is that without Penix at QB on Saturday people would be even more pissed off at the coaching staff now, because there is no reason in hades why the defensive backfield isn't greatly improved from last year.....leaving aside for now the play of the STs and the OL.

What I'm saying Herm, old buddy, is that without Penix at QB on Saturday people would be even more pissed off at the coaching staff now, because there is no reason in hades why the defensive backfield isn't greatly improved from last year.....leaving aside for now the play of the STs and the OL.
Well said. Everyone is yippy about Penix and they should be. On the other hand, we played as bad as you can play in the secondary. If that doesn’t get fixed, it doesn’t matter who plays quarterback.

Surprised the defense is not better. State is terrible on offense, and they lit us up pretty good. Our defensive efficiency which is a better gage of performance is like 70th. We have to do better than that. The offense though is certainly trending in the right direction

If you honestly do not believe IU football is trending up, you are not willing to face reality, or are simply a troll, or simply do not like CTA. iMHO.
Or you’ve just been a fan long enough, and have the ability to be objective enough, to realize we’ve been “trending up” continually for about 30+ years.

Surprised the defense is not better. State is terrible on offense, and they lit us up pretty good. Our defensive efficiency which is a better gage of performance is like 70th. We have to do better than that. The offense though is certainly trending in the right direction
Didn't MSU drop 31 on Northwestern? NU isn't OSU for sure, but Fitzgerald usually has them playing very well and they don't get dumped on at home easily. MSU QB is a crafty senior. They do have talented WR's. This is MSU, not Rutgers.

Of course IU D has work to do, I agree. The end of EACH HALF cost us a game you could argue, or better said, IU to be good, has to be able to keep a team from scoring a TD from their own 25 yard line with 2:00 min or less to go.

But so what if Penix is a game changer, Allen gets to soak every bit of credit for him for getting him to go to IU! And same with his hiring DeBoer, and having Matt Bedford as a back up OL now.

It's the Defense that needs tightening up. Mullen is a stud, put him down as a starter. I like Head/Ziemba at DE and their growth. Love Cam Jones. Also think Miller at LB is a riser. There's other talent but those 5 are who I'd build around.

But Wommack, who Allen "loves like a brother" needs to tighten his plan, his focus and his coaching staff or he would find Coach Allen may have to put "business ahead of friendship" when evaluating after the season!

(I'm convinced why Allen was mad is Wommack had Ziemba drop back into "coverage" and rushed M Ball instead, and when QB took off running, Allen saw Ziemba trying to chase him down - not even close or fair to ask Ziemba to be that fast - and on believe 3rd and 9, he ran for a first and they scored to end the first half right after. Got to do better than that on the calls!

Reactions: vesuvius13
Didn't MSU drop 31 on Northwestern? NU isn't OSU for sure, but Fitzgerald usually has them playing very well and they don't get dumped on at home easily. MSU QB is a crafty senior. They do have talented WR's. This is MSU, not Rutgers.

Of course IU D has work to do, I agree. The end of EACH HALF cost us a game you could argue, or better said, IU to be good, has to be able to keep a team from scoring a TD from their own 25 yard line with 2:00 min or less to go.

But so what if Penix is a game changer, Allen gets to soak every bit of credit for him for getting him to go to IU! And same with his hiring DeBoer, and having Matt Bedford as a back up OL now.

It's the Defense that needs tightening up. Mullen is a stud, put him down as a starter. I like Head/Ziemba at DE and their growth. Love Cam Jones. Also think Miller at LB is a riser. There's other talent but those 5 are who I'd build around.

But Wommack, who Allen "loves like a brother" needs to tighten his plan, his focus and his coaching staff or he would find Coach Allen may have to put "business ahead of friendship" when evaluating after the season!

(I'm convinced why Allen was mad is Wommack had Ziemba drop back into "coverage" and rushed M Ball instead, and when QB took off running, Allen saw Ziemba trying to chase him down - not even close or fair to ask Ziemba to be that fast - and on believe 3rd and 9, he ran for a first and they scored to end the first half right after. Got to do better than that on the calls!
MSU scored more on us than they scored against Arizona St and Tulsa combined. Our defense is Swiss cheese. Right up there with some of the defenses Wilson and Lynch had at their worst.

Reactions: bang63
MSU scored more on us than they scored against Arizona St and Tulsa combined. Our defense is Swiss cheese. Right up there with some of the defenses Wilson and Lynch had at their worst.

You would find negativity in a christmas carol if IU fan or Coach Allen singing it.

There were positives (Mullen) and there is a lot of young players still on D. Of course not happy about it but IU is not a total dumpster fire as you believe. Could easily say "change 4 plays only" when IU was on D and we win the game. It was TIED with 2:00 min left and this was an away game.

You can go be a PU fan (maybe the injuries have you more upset right now) but give the IU bashing a rest. They are 3-2, almost 100% will be 4-2 after Rutgers, and with a new Offense that can keep Def off the field more, see this team bowling again in the not too distant future...this season!

You are clinically insane. Some games on those Wilson defenses they did not get one single stop. Not one. The backfield needs to get better, no question but we are miles ahead of where we were, even now. It's no secret that MSU's offense has been up and down. Lewerke had a good game and was able to take advantage of some things. Aside from the QB, they didnt run the ball on us for anything significant. I think you have painted yourself into a corner. If things start going well you will have to just fade away. Sad.

You are clinically insane. Some games on those Wilson defenses they did not get one single stop. Not one. The backfield needs to get better, no question but we are miles ahead of where we were, even now. It's no secret that MSU's offense has been up and down. Lewerke had a good game and was able to take advantage of some things. Aside from the QB, they didnt run the ball on us for anything significant. I think you have painted yourself into a corner. If things start going well you will have to just fade away. Sad.
None of Wilson’s defenses gave up 50+ to OSU and 40+ to MSU in the same season. Not once.

None of Wilson’s defenses gave up 50+ to OSU and 40+ to MSU in the same season. Not once.

This is potentially the dumbest thing I’ve read in 2019. And given this political climate that says a lot.

Reverse it and the same is true (Wilson gave up 50 to MSU and 40 to OSU in the same season). not to mention that the last 6 points were garbage anyway.

Hell, Wilson’s defense gave up 60+ points on multiple occasions.

This is potentially the dumbest thing I’ve read in 2019. And given this political climate that says a lot.

Reverse it and the same is true (Wilson gave up 50 to MSU and 40 to OSU in the same season). not to mention that the last 6 points were garbage anyway.

Hell, Wilson’s defense gave up 60+ points on multiple occasions.

Wilson gave up 55 to a lousy Rutgers team in 2015.

You're beyond an idiot. First, MSU's final score last weekend, the one that got them to 40, was with time expiring as our offense fumbled a lateral deep in our own territory in a desperate, last-play attempt to score. Can you comprehend that wasn't on IU's defense? I doubt it.

Second, go back and look at some of the scores from the 2015 season, the year before Allen arrived. Wilson's defense gave up 47 to that powerhouse across the state line, Southern Illinois. It actually should have been 49 but SIU dropped a two point conversion attempt that would have won the game for them. Continuing with that season, Wilson's defense gave up 55 to Rutgers, 52 to Michigan State, 48 to Michigan and 44 to Duke. IU's defense that year was one of the worst in the country. If you're honestly drawing a comparison between this year's defense and the 2015 shitshow, you're even more clueless than I thought. And if this is just a shtick, it's not even funny or mildly entertaining.

You're beyond an idiot. First, MSU's final score last weekend, the one that got them to 40, was with time expiring as our offense fumbled a lateral deep in our own territory in a desperate, last-play attempt to score. Can you comprehend that wasn't on IU's defense? I doubt it.

Second, go back and look at some of the scores from the 2015 season, the year before Allen arrived. Wilson's defense gave up 47 to that powerhouse across the state line, Southern Illinois. It actually should have been 49 but SIU dropped a two point conversion attempt that would have won the game for them. Continuing with that season, Wilson's defense gave up 55 to Rutgers, 52 to Michigan State, 48 to Michigan and 44 to Duke. IU's defense that year was one of the worst in the country. If you're honestly drawing a comparison between this year's defense and the 2015 shitshow, you're even more clueless than I thought. And if this is just a shtick, it's not even funny or mildly entertaining.

Give em a break..., :confused:, he was watching the p u vs MN game... He couldn't have possibly seen how they got that last TD...;):rolleyes::cool:;)

Thank you! Something else to consider is that this is the best Ohio State team they've had in years. They are absolutely crushing people. Did you see what they did to Nebraska? There's first round draft talent all over their offense and defense.

Also MSU's offense isn't that bad. They only put up 7 points against ASU (a top 20 team btw) because they missed a ton of FGs and several drive killing penalties which they didn't have against us. They had over 400 yards of offense in that game and drove the ball at will. Not only that but they scored 31 on Northwestern who has an excellent defense. MSU scored more on Northwestern than Wisconsin did.

It's mind boggling the level of disconnect on this board sometimes.

Bowlmania:

LOL! You busted fpeaugh like he's never been busted before with your post. My compliments to you for doing so. And, I see after several days, he never responded to you because he is a total CLOWN. You busted him on several levels. Two of which, (1) he didn't watch the IU game to know or understand that MSU's last TD came against IU's offense, and (2) your counter to him about KW's defense being worse than the defense we see with IU's team this year was much worse under KW. Why? Because fpeaugh isn't an IU fan, and I think your post to him where he did not respond is all the proof necessary to know fpeaugh is the troll you and other have said he was all along.

So, what else do the mods here need to know to finally kick fpeaugh to the curb? And, if he is as old as he says he is, what kind of loser goes out of their way to waste so much of their time screaming about how bad the BB & FB teams are? His life must really suck.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT