ADVERTISEMENT

Our march thru B1G Tourney easier than I thought: Iowa, Md, NW/Minny

Let 'er Fly

Junior
Feb 12, 2005
Did I see that right? This would be much easier than other alternatives. We would not be big, if any, underdog against any of those teams. Would then get Boilers in final. Unlike what I thought the matchups would be yesterday at a 5% probability, I would put it at a 30% probability of going to the final. Team will play pissed off knowing that there will be a change. Boom!

Reactions: pdtkkg
Well, since the B1G is down this year I would expect the tourney to be easier. I still don't have faith we'll even get past Iowa. They've won four straight, so they have momentum coming in.

Reactions: hoosierdug
Did I see that right? This would be much easier than other alternatives. We would not be big, if any, underdog against any of those teams. Would then get Boilers in final. Unlike what I thought the matchups would be yesterday at a 5% probability, I would put it at a 30% probability of going to the final. Team will play pissed off knowing that there will be a change. Boom!
Yep it could be a big time weekend for a meaningless tourney. Big time.

Well, since the B1G is down this year I would expect the tourney to be easier. I still don't have faith we'll even get past Iowa. They've won four straight, so they have momentum coming in.
Yep and it was a down year last year and we lost the first game as a 1 seed.

Reactions: BigMobe and kkott
I'd bet you there is a 0% chance we make the finals.

Reactions: outside shooter
We're 3-8 over our last 11 games with 1 win on the road. Do you really think we can win more than 1 game in the tourney at a neutral site? We'll be lucky to get by the Hawkeyes.

This team couldn't make the finals if the tournament was played at Assembly Hall.

30% chance of going to the finals... hmm....... I'll have what he's having.

OK. I now see that we would feed into Wisky for 2nd game. I'll reduce the chances back to 5%. Otherwise, we could have made history beeyotches...

Iowa still has a chance to nab a tourney spot. They are hot and are still getting better this season. I don't like IU's chances there.

Did i miss the TC got fired announcement? Only way this team wins anything come tourney time. TC stands for Tournament Casualty.

I think it would be most fitting if IU gets beat by Wisconsin in the BIG tourney. What better way to end the Crean era than with another loss to the team who has owned him his entire career?

Reactions: bailey777

Nothing is easy for this team.

Reactions: Optimist13
What time is the championship on Sunday? I better change my plans so I can watch IU cut down the nets.

Sigh.....well, we've proven we could beat a number 1 team in the nation as long as its not on their court right? Sooooo obviously were the favorite

Many with this team have real motivation to show well in this tournament. . . We'll see.

You do realize this is the big ten tournament????

School Titles Years

Michigan State 5 1999, 2000, 2012, 2014, 2016

Ohio State^ 4 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013

Wisconsin 3 2004, 2008, 2015

Illinois 2 2003, 2005

Iowa 2 2001, 2006

Purdue 1 2009

Michigan* 0

Minnesota 0

Indiana 0

Penn State 0

Northwestern 0

Nebraska 0

Maryland 0

Rutgers 0

You do realize this is the big ten tournament????

School Titles Years

Michigan State 5 1999, 2000, 2012, 2014, 2016

Ohio State^ 4 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013

Wisconsin 3 2004, 2008, 2015

Illinois 2 2003, 2005

Iowa 2 2001, 2006

Purdue 1 2009

Michigan* 0

Minnesota 0

Indiana 0

Penn State 0

Northwestern 0

Nebraska 0

Maryland 0

Rutgers 0
With IU's history in the Big Ten this is an embarrassment!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT