ADVERTISEMENT

Our guards are incredibly average

I think we're better than average......borderline top 25.

Looking at the BIG, clearly worse than ILL, WIS, MSU & Iowa. Clearly better than MN, MD, OSU, PSU, NW & Neb. I put us in a group with Rutgers, Michigan & Purdue. Purdue sucks right now, but they have nice upside.

What bothers me most is I don't see big upside for this team. It's TJD and 9 other guys. Race, Galloway & Linder have been overhyped. Seeing little improvement from Hunter. Al, Rob & Franklin are all very limited. The 2nd thing that bothers me is the likely drop off for year 5 of Archie if/when TJD leaves....he's 1/2 the team right now.
Who knows. Hopefully they get in tourney this year and make noise but it hard to predict they advance very far if they make it. There is still the entire year to improve this year. Archie seems to be making progress with the program but it is progressing at micro levels from year to year. IMO, this is a good young team of 4 year players that could be very good for deep tournament run next year as a vet team. That is without major roster turnover. They can probably withstand losing Brunk and Al after this year but if TJD goes pro and Race graduates and leaves like Smith, this year may be the peak.

Know one is happy with a loss, especially one that could have gone either way.
But, I thought there were positives.
1. Franklin looks bigger and stronger. We need that to transition to positives on the floor.
2. Galloway does get to the rim. Needs now to make them 3 pt plays and not a 2 pt miss.
3. I am developing more confidence in Hunter.
4. TJ better but I think he needs more strength.
5. I thought the first few minutes looked like Texas but this time we did not fold.

I think we're better than average......borderline top 25.

Looking at the BIG, clearly worse than ILL, WIS, MSU & Iowa. Clearly better than MN, MD, OSU, PSU, NW & Neb. I put us in a group with Rutgers, Michigan & Purdue. Purdue sucks right now, but they have nice upside.

What bothers me most is I don't see big upside for this team. It's TJD and 9 other guys. Race, Galloway & Linder have been overhyped. Seeing little improvement from Hunter. Al, Rob & Franklin are all very limited. The 2nd thing that bothers me is the likely drop off for year 5 of Archie if/when TJD leaves....he's 1/2 the team right now.

Yep. Add in the misses in recruiting this year and it’s difficult to be excited about the future. Maybe we will get lucky and TJD comes back? Either way I will enjoy watching TJD all year. He’a a stud.

I guarantee you IU will just split with many of those we think we're much better than ..The MD's/ OSU/ NW...But they may split with Mich/ Wis..too...Ok saying average isnt fair..Top 30 ish..
Unless a couple guy's really breakout...
The Big is gonna be brutal!

ADVERTISEMENT