ADVERTISEMENT

Our freshman class

Rotonda

Redshirt
Mar 15, 2014
Rotonda, Florida
I cannot remember a class of new comers who have contributed less than our current freshman. And sad thing is that it includes a Mr. Basketball. Just wondering (I live in Florida) if the runners up for that title are doing on their respective teams.

Galloway played really well and has provided a contribution. Lander is catching on steadily. Leal is a tad slow for the game this but should contribute. Geronimo didn't play top level guys in high school, he has to figure out how to play on this team.

Trey ..Will be solid for 4 yrs..
Lander could be a stud as a Jr..He has serious potential but he's young ..And should live on meat & potatoes. And the weight room..
Leal..Jury is out ..Better be able to ball some next year. Or you have to recruit to replace him.
Plus if he sees very little playing time next year.
I could see the transfer portal coming into view.

Try 2003 class - Patrick Ewing Jr & Jessen Gray Ashley. Don't think that they logged more than 20 total minutes their freshman year..

I cannot remember a class of new comers who have contributed less than our current freshman. And sad thing is that it includes a Mr. Basketball. Just wondering (I live in Florida) if the runners up for that title are doing on their respective teams.
a. Their Freshman
b. What team have you been watching?
c. Stay in Fl. and post with them

I can remember freshman not even being eligible to play and if any sophomore was any good he was labeled a " super soph". Yeah I'm older but it doesn't seem that long ago to me.

I can remember freshman not even being eligible to play and if any sophomore was any good he was labeled a " super soph". Yeah I'm older but it doesn't seem that long ago to me.
May, Wilkerson and Laz (“super sub”, but close enough).

Vital is the one I recall using the "Super Soph" label, but there may be others before my time.

There was also Jimmy Laskowski who was know as "Super Sub" as you recall.

Oops
aka "John"....lol

Thanks to the PUke for the heads up.

Last edited:
Unless you take the kentucky approach on 1 and dimes, why would you want, or certainly expect, a significant number of the frosh class to be big contributors?

ADVERTISEMENT