ADVERTISEMENT

Our at-bats during the four-game pod...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Out of curiosity, I checked the stats on those four games and I found out that we had 129 at-bats over the four games and struck out 43 times for a 33.3% clip. Over the last three games, where we scored just four runs total in those games, we had 92 at-bats and struck out 33 times for a 35.8% clip. Who knows just how many of those Ks came during situations where we had men in scoring position and couldn't get a clutch hit. At times, it looked like we were playing in the PGA and not a baseball game as we seemed to like a lot of pitches that were at our ankles or in the dirt. Maybe stuff like this gets magnified when you go on a losing streak and those numbers are not all that far off from other teams, but it seems like we just do not have a lot of discipline at the plate and youth/inexperience could play a part in that. I'm watching the games in my easy chair, so maybe it easy for me to be critical.

I'm watching the games in my easy chair, so maybe it easy for me to be critical.
I try to remember that when I watch any college sport, but at the same time, some of it is fundamental to the game. I can't help myself sometimes with the remarks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT