ADVERTISEMENT

Other Big Ten Crossover games...

In the context of how the B1G has handled the 2020 football season (IMO => FUBAR) these match up make more sense than Hairball’s stupid week 9 option.* Before explaining let me say no B1G official should use the phrase ‘out of an abundance of caution for our student athletes’, or the words ‘transparency’ or integrity for at least a year.

1. The Transparency issue is all over the place.
2. Integrity wrt the rules established for the season would have produced an interesting interesting and competitive IU - Northwestern match up and a match up rated teams in OSU - Iowa. The rest of the Hairbrain Champion’s week match up wouldn’t offer much. Summarizing set the 1’s V 1’’s, maybe 2’s V 2’s and leave the rest until today.
3. Secure indoor sites for 7 games, at least 2 per day, if for no other reason to show concern for the kids, few if any fans will be allowed at any game anywhere.
4. Given someone decided it was of such importance to put OSU in the Championship game to better their chance at the final 4, salvaging long-standing trophy games that were COVID casualties, and creating match-ups that could provide bowl opportunities for some who would likely be left out makes as much sense as the other options available. I am thinking Rutgers, Purdue, Maryland/MSU winner for example.

Apologies but doing this from a queue at WDW & time for Soarin.

In the context of how the B1G has handled the 2020 football season (IMO => FUBAR) these match up make more sense than Hairball’s stupid week 9 option.* Before explaining let me say no B1G official should use the phrase ‘out of an abundance of caution for our student athletes’, or the words ‘transparency’ or integrity for at least a year.

1. The Transparency issue is all over the place.
2. Integrity wrt the rules established for the season would have produced an interesting interesting and competitive IU - Northwestern match up and a match up rated teams in OSU - Iowa. The rest of the Hairbrain Champion’s week match up wouldn’t offer much. Summarizing set the 1’s V 1’’s, maybe 2’s V 2’s and leave the rest until today.
3. Secure indoor sites for 7 games, at least 2 per day, if for no other reason to show concern for the kids, few if any fans will be allowed at any game anywhere.
4. Given someone decided it was of such importance to put OSU in the Championship game to better their chance at the final 4, salvaging long-standing trophy games that were COVID casualties, and creating match-ups that could provide bowl opportunities for some who would likely be left out makes as much sense as the other options available. I am thinking Rutgers, Purdue, Maryland/MSU winner for example.

Apologies but doing this from a queue at WDW & time for Soarin.

Soarin is one awesome ride there.
You could probably respond to over 50 posts if you were in line for the Avatar ride over in Animal Kingdom.
That one is a long wait.

It's been talked about on here and some other sites that the Big 10 paired IU & PU , because there is a good chance that neither team will be able to play this week because of Covid . Makes sense in that if true the Big Ten only lose 1 game , and if by chance they can play we have a game that really means something for both universities . Hope they play , but with the 21 day quarantine I would be surprised if they did .

It's been talked about on here and some other sites that the Big 10 paired IU & PU , because there is a good chance that neither team will be able to play this week because of Covid . Makes sense in that if true the Big Ten only lose 1 game , and if by chance they can play we have a game that really means something for both universities . Hope they play , but with the 21 day quarantine I would be surprised if they did .
Once they blew up the true crossover nature of the games (so Barry could get his matchup with Minny), pitting IU against Purdue made perfect sense for exactly the reasons you state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT