ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Your thoughts on Mike Leach?

About every meaningful college is running some variation of Leach's old Air Raid offense....

The guy knows how to win.

He also doesn't suffer fools readily.
There's a place you should visit on line. MTIOTF or Rockport can show the way.

Additionally, with Lane Kiffin now at Ole Miss, I would say the state has seized the title of Space(d) Capital of the South from Huntsville.

Seriously, though, can the SEC get any more stacked?

Thx in advance.
I just realized that your avatar is what appears to be a young Bill Mallory as head man for Colorado. That is neat!

They are talking about Leach on ESPN and I happen to agree with Gene Chizik's comments. He stated that Leach's most important decision is finding the right hire for DC. Chizik stated that in a Leach offense, the defense can literally be back out there in 30-40 seconds if things falter.

That type of offense puts the defense on the ropes real quick if that happens with any regularity. It'll be interesting because there's plenty of SEC defenses that possess the ability to do just that.

Love me some Mike Leach. I honestly would've loved for IU to have picked him up years ago after he was done at Texas Tech.

I've always figured that gimmick offenses are a great talent equalizer in college football, especially when you're able to run them as well as he does.

It says a lot that DeBoer was able to put such a strong offense on the field this year when it was a pretty conventional offense and didn't rely on the triple option (a la service academies or Randle El days) or the wide open air raid.

Reactions: DANC and red hornet
IU was not going to touch Mike Leach with a 100 foot pole after the thing came out about the utility closet and Craig James’ son.

Right or wrong, they didn’t want coaches who could be potentially “inconsiderate” of players.....and, ironically, the same sort of thing happened with Wilson regardless. Would have rather had Leach.

Hello Top.
Nice to 'see' you.
Was thinking of the bunch who got together at tailgates ..
MTIOTF
Daydreamer
SuperHoosier
The Capper for sure..
Others..
Good times.....seems like another life...
We’re all still in touch . Just don’t tailgate as much as we used to. Kids, jobs, life... We should plan something next year.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
We’re all still in touch . Just don’t tailgate as much as we used to. Kids, jobs, life... We should plan something next year.
My kids are now grown. Oldest is a IU grad 3rd generation. I enjoyed trying to recruit you to Duckburg. Hope you are well my young friend.

Hello Top.
Nice to 'see' you.
Was thinking of the bunch who got together at tailgates ..
MTIOTF
Daydreamer
SuperHoosier
The Capper for sure..
Others..
Good times.....seems like another life...
Glad you are well. The only duties I have today is being Secretary of the local FOE. Lots of vets.

Additionally, with Lane Kiffin now at Ole Miss, I would say the state has seized the title of Space(d) Capital of the South from Huntsville.

Seriously, though, can the SEC get any more stacked?

Thx in advance.

I disagree with the general view here that Leach will be a good fit at MSU. You have to play great D in that league, and his teams have never done that. I think he will end up having a losing record in league play.

ADVERTISEMENT