ADVERTISEMENT

OT: S&D Men in NCAA Championships

Looking forward to Lanza and Schooling duel in the 100FL
I'm hoping Lanza can pull off the upset but I don't see him finishing higher than 3rd. I'm guessing that event will be a battle between Schooling and Dressel. In LCM of I'd say Schooling would be favored but Dressel has all the records in SCY.

IU could get big points in the 100 breast. The 200 free is also today so I'm hoping Pieroni can repeat or improve on his relay performance.

Reactions: snowling
I'm hoping Lanza can pull off the upset but I don't see him finishing higher than 3rd. I'm guessing that event will be a battle between Schooling and Dressel. In LCM of I'd say Schooling would be favored but Dressel has all the records in SCY.

IU could get big points in the 100 breast. The 200 free is also today so I'm hoping Pieroni can repeat or improve on his relay performance.
What is it with IU and Breaststrokers?

Becoming quite dominant

I take it back, IndySouthsider, Lanza does have a chance at the title in the fly. Great swim by him.

Also, your boy had a split in the 200 MR that was over 1 second faster than anyone else. In a 50 yard sprint. Holy s**t 17.3 is ridiculous

I take it back, IndySouthsider, Lanza does have a chance at the title in the fly. Great swim by him.

Also, your boy had a split in the 200 MR that was over 1 second faster than anyone else. In a 50 yard sprint. Holy s**t 17.3 is ridiculous

Wow that top 3 was nip and tuck. Great swims. IU tacking up points!

At one time we had Ryan Murphy, Joseph Schooling, Caeleb Dressel all at the same time. It was crazy.

Last edited:
IU extends their lead to 19 points heading into the final day! It's gone from 5 teams having a chance to win it all to 3. IU, Texas, and Cal. Tomorrow will be exciting

Reactions: IUgradman
After prelims it appears the advantage is to Texas to win their fourth straight championship. They were able to put 3 swimmers into the A-final of the 200 back while IU has none. This event will probably be the difference in the meet. It looks like IU might drop to third

Last edited:
Somewhat disappointing final day but Ian Finnerty won the 200 breast. That means IU swept the breast events in the NCAA this year. Lilly King won won both for the women and Finnerty duplicated the feat.

IU finishes 3rd overall and had 3 individual titles and a relay title. Overall a great meet

IU's swimming and diving coaches each won coach of the year honors

Was a strong showing by IU.

And wow did these swimmers bring it this week. Amazingly fast times.
Your boy Dressel had an amazing meet. Under 18 in the 50 free, 40 in the 100 free, and 43 in the 100 fly. Have you met him?

IU's swimming and diving coaches each won coach of the year honors

Your boy Dressel had an amazing meet. Under 18 in the 50 free, 40 in the 100 free, and 43 in the 100 fly. Have you met him?
Yes, Caeleb comes back often and speaks to our kids. Needless to say my teenage daughter is madly in love with him. He is kind of a rock star round here.

ADVERTISEMENT