ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OSU's Bill Mosiello is moving on after just two seasons with the Buckeyes...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Mosiello is headed back to TCU as the top assistant and hitting coach. Before the OSU job, he was the associate head coach at TCU for nine seasons. He said the move was strictly for family reasons, and his family remained in Texas the two years he was with OSU. Mosiello was considered one of the top hires in the country at the time OSU signed him. Evidently, he never informed the team of his decision nor did he tell incoming athletic director Ross Bjork of his decision before he announced it. Here's a quote on that from an article:

Mosiello said he didn't have time to tell Ohio State players before the move was finalized. He also said he did not speak with incoming athletic director Ross Bjork about his vision for the Ohio State baseball program because "I didn't want him to talk me out of leaving."

"Me chasing my ambition here at my dream job to be away from my family, I wanted it so bad and make it work," Mosiello said. "It just couldn't happen. It couldn't happen. It's really that simple."

That seems a crappy way to handle it…. Missing the family is a good enough reason to give and not be talked out of if you really mean it. I’d be pissed if someone did this to us. Any players we would like from there 😀?

That seems a crappy way to handle it…. Missing the family is a good enough reason to give and not be talked out of if you really mean it. I’d be pissed if someone did this to us. Any players we would like from there 😀?
Before Mosiello announced his departure, OSU had eight players that had entered the portal. Only one of those players is considered a significant loss and it's starting LHP Landon Beidelshies, a soph, who had 15 appearances with 15 starts and an ERA of 4.15 in 84.2 IP, and he will no doubt attract a lot of attention by major programs. The other seven players are looking for more playing time. It remains to be seen what the fallout will be after Mosiello's announcement, but we all know that there is almost always a significant exodus when a head coach leaves a program.

Reactions: Orford
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT