ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My family is very blessed this day

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
I told you guys a couple of months ago that my daughter was accepted to IU. The last few weeks we have found out that she has received a few scholarships and has a pell grants. Today we found out that she has received a Cox scholarship at IU which will take care of the rest of the cost of attendance. With being a single father with no help from her mother this is a huge day.

Being a lifetieme IU fan this is huge for me to see her going to IU and getting to go to Bloomington the next 4 years.

I told you guys a couple of months ago that my daughter was accepted to IU. The last few weeks we have found out that she has received a few scholarships and has a pell grants. Today we found out that she has received a Cox scholarship at IU which will take care of the rest of the cost of attendance. With being a single father with no help from her mother this is a huge day.

Being a lifetieme IU fan this is huge for me to see her going to IU and getting to go to Bloomington the next 4 years.

Congratulations, Scott. Best wishes for your daughter's academic success!

Congrats!!!! If she can, she better get you very good seats for IU Basketball games.

Congratulations Scott. That's great news.

Make sure she snags all the MSFT software they offer up for next to nothing. It's worth thousands.

I don't know you or daughter but congratulations.With the cost of college being so high these days,I am always happy to see a young person get some breaks.

Last edited:

Sometimes . . . good things DO happen to GOOD people. Congratulations to you and your daughter.

Congratulations to you and to your daughter. Now, start chanting, "Summa cum laude! Summa cum laude! Summa cum laude!" whenever she is within earshot. ;)

Feminist-Movie-Review-Breaking-Away.jpg

Congrats Scott is she gonna be in Hutton Honors college? Both of my kids are Hutton scholars. I am sure she will have a great experience at Indiana

Congratulations,Scott. I'm sure it's a happy day for your family. Can only hope my daughter accomplishes as much when she grows up. I'm sure you're a proud dad.

Congrats! Clap clap :p

Scott...

Being an avid college basketball fan...I follow message boards for info on my teams as well as others...and fans who root for their teams. It is always nice to hear good news like your daughter's. Despite our rooting difference...I appreciate when hard work is rewarded. Congrats on your daughter's achievement...and wishing her much success in college.

Congratulations Scott.

Scott, as a Purdue guy I have to say congratulations. What a awesome opportunity for your daughter! And I'm certain that as her father you must be proud of her accomplishments to deserve these scholarships.

As fans of the the state's flagship Universities we argue back and forth about sports, but what we we want are the best opportunities for our children.

If I can offer some advice for your daughter it is this...Go to every class, Get to know her profs and take advantage of their office hours, Join a club that interests her and make friends outside of her classes and dorm/sorority.

Reactions: gulcherboy

Congratulations, Scott. A big day, indeed. The Lord provides.

Don't always agree with you on things but heartiest congrats on your daughter. Maybe she can do her post-grad work at Purdue. LOL.

Don't always agree with you on things but heartiest congrats on your daughter. Maybe she can do her post-grad work at Purdue. LOL.
I was worried a year ago because her boy friend was a freshmen at PU last year and I thought she would want to go there. I just could not imagine giving my money to Purdue but they broke up and she decided she wanted to go to IU.

Reactions: ZildjianZLine
I was worried a year ago because her boy friend was a freshmen at PU last year and I thought she would want to go there. I just could not imagine giving my money to Purdue but they broke up and she decided she wanted to go to IU.
Scott, we would understand if you had a hand in them breaking up. You just can't abide giving money to THAT university.

If you ever had a 18 year old daughter you would realize that they never listen to their father so I had nothing to do with the break up.
I've got two daughters and know exactly what you mean. My oldest will be 20 in July and is having her first child with her husband in June. She didn't listen to me a lick. Her younger sister is 16 so I am preparing myself a little better since I've been through it before.

I've got two daughters and know exactly what you mean. My oldest will be 20 in July and is having her first child with her husband in June. She didn't listen to me a lick. Her younger sister is 16 so I am preparing myself a little better since I've been through it before.

Moonchildren never listen, ask my parents about that one.

Thanks for sharing that great news.....She's obviously worked very hard for a very long time.....Refreshing to see that these days.. Congrats!

I am also very happy to hear your very good news, Scott. Hope your daughter has a wonderful and very blessed time in Bloomington and fulfills all of her goals.

ADVERTISEMENT