ADVERTISEMENT

OT: McCarty fired

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
The last I heard before yesterday was that UE was leaning towards reinstatement because there wasn't enough to win the lawsuits that would follow. UE doesn't fire coaches before their contracts are finished. The worst allegation was supposedly consensual and involved a soccer player. There is more to that but I won't mention it here.

More girls came forward recently, possibly because of the rumors he was going to be brought back. It was announced at 6:00 local time McCarty was fired. Very soon, there will be another announcement by UE. I think it will be viewed as positive by most people around the state (no, Marty isn't coming back).

McCarty is an embarrassment to the city, university and alumni of his high school like my kids. If only Calbert had wanted the job. The right former Harrison player wouldn't have been a pig.

It’s a legitimate question. OP said the worst allegation was consensual with a soccer player.
Not everyone is familiar with whatever is going on at UE including myself. A link shedding some light on the subject would be appreciated.

Okay, I can say it now. Todd Lickliter has been named the new head coach. He left the program as an assistant coach and takes over immediately as the head coach.

Reactions: MonroeCity
It’s a legitimate question. OP said the worst allegation was consensual with a soccer player.
Not everyone is familiar with whatever is going on at UE including myself. A link shedding some light on the subject would be appreciated.
Just google "Walter McCarty". You're welcome.

I mentioned it on the chat the other night to a few. The local media won't go beyond Title IX violations, but they know the details as do those that know people in the media. This isn't a scoop on a kid transferring from one high school to another. It affects many in the community. McCarty has family here and so do the others involved.

The guy literally was warned to back off the students. He had his chance and just couldn’t help himself. It’s in his contract to not fraternize with students. He chose this.

Sad to hear all this hit the Aces just when all was looking like they might be on track to get reasonable again. Lickliter might be good for them with his experience. The UK win really was nice and I got a UE purple jersey from back home sent me at X-Mas. Can I wear it? LOL

The last I heard before yesterday was that UE was leaning towards reinstatement because there wasn't enough to win the lawsuits that would follow. UE doesn't fire coaches before their contracts are finished. The worst allegation was supposedly consensual and involved a soccer player. There is more to that but I won't mention it here.

More girls came forward recently, possibly because of the rumors he was going to be brought back. It was announced at 6:00 local time McCarty was fired. Very soon, there will be another announcement by UE. I think it will be viewed as positive by most people around the state (no, Marty isn't coming back).

McCarty is an embarrassment to the city, university and alumni of his high school like my kids. If only Calbert had wanted the job. The right former Harrison player wouldn't have been a pig.

I thought Cheaney did interview for the job.

McCarty brought an energy to UE, it's a shame he couldn't leave his "Pitino" ways out of it.

Anybody else notice Marty at the end of the Clemson-Duke game? (It's hard to miss Marty, I know). Looks like he landed a pretty good gig with Brownell.

Reactions: BaxterIU

McCarty brought an energy to UE, it's a shame he couldn't leave his "Pitino" ways out of it.

Calbert did interview for it. And he was generally considered to be UE’s top choice. But, according to iubud, he refused to agree to some trivial demands that UE made...leading iubud to conclude that Cheaney wasn’t ultimately interested.

I don’t know if that’s right or wrong. But I think iubud has said before that he’s friendly with Calbert, so it may be from the horse’s mouth.

Correct me if I’m wrong, iubud.

I'm a Harrison Hoosier. UE deserves better behavior from the coach. I sure did like that UK win though. Not as much blue in EVV after that one.
Go Hoosiers and Aces!

I'm a Harrison Hoosier. UE deserves better behavior from the coach. I sure did like that UK win though. Not as much blue in EVV after that one.
Go Hoosiers and Aces!
My kids are Harrison Hoosiers too. Lickliter may not bring them to greatness, but he will stabilize what has been an embarrassment.

Reactions: mobilehoosier

In Cheaney's second interview, he answered the questions in a way that seemed like it was meant to sabotage his chances. Community involvement and a willingness to upgrade the schedule were questions he seemed to be at odds with the university.

He either didn't want the job or he learned how bad Walter wanted it.

Reactions: ulrey
Anybody else notice Marty at the end of the Clemson-Duke game? (It's hard to miss Marty, I know). Looks like he landed a pretty good gig with Brownell.
Marty went to work for a Harrison Alum after being replaced by one. I liked Marty but both parties needed a change.

Calbert did interview for it. And he was generally considered to be UE’s top choice. But, according to iubud, he refused to agree to some trivial demands that UE made...leading iubud to conclude that Cheaney wasn’t ultimately interested.

I don’t know if that’s right or wrong. But I think iubud has said before that he’s friendly with Calbert, so it may be from the horse’s mouth.

Correct me if I’m wrong, iubud.
Your info was correct. My sources were from inside UE athletics and another that covers the program with multiple sources. The second person had the same information that something changed between interviews. UE was excited because Calbert said everything right in the first interview. The second interview was a formality and went in a direction they didn't expect.

Really?

You are going to contribute this to Kentucky?

(You do realize that McCarty is an Indiana native.)
Really?
You do realize who coached him?
You realize what his mentor did in a restaurant?

You realize ive lived in evansville for my entire life?

Really?
You do realize who coached him?
You realize what his mentor did in a restaurant?

You realize ive lived in evansville for my entire life?

This is dumb. Bob Knight coached Todd Leary. That doesn’t make him the slightest bit responsible for Todd’s acts of criminality.

Walter McCarty has long had a reputation as somebody who...well, who really took to the NBA lifestyle. Let’s just put it that way. A good guy, regardless what happened here. But I’m pretty sure his alleged lifestyle choices have nothing to do with Rick Pitino.

Your info was correct. My sources were from inside UE athletics and another that covers the program with multiple sources. The second person had the same information that something changed between interviews. UE was excited because Calbert said everything right in the first interview. The second interview was a formality and went in a direction they didn't expect.
Just as well for CC in my opinion. UE is not a good job and it is hard for anyone to win there (except a few outliers in the Crews era almost 30 years ago). Would hate to have seen him struggle at his hometown school.

This is dumb. Bob Knight coached Todd Leary. That doesn’t make him the slightest bit responsible for Todd’s acts of criminality.

Walter McCarty has long had a reputation as somebody who...well, who really took to the NBA lifestyle. Let’s just put it that way. A good guy, regardless what happened here. But I’m pretty sure his alleged lifestyle choices have nothing to do with Rick Pitino.
Pitino paid for an abortion? Rumors around evansville is this lady was paid to keep her mouth shut

Reactions: iubud
Pitino paid for an abortion? Rumors around evansville is this lady was paid to keep her mouth shut

Yeah, well, I don’t indulge in rumor-mongering. And, whatever he did, it has nothing to do with UK or Rick Pitino...a school and coach he played for over 20 years ago.

Why not just blame it on Will Wyman while you’re at it? It would make as much sense.

Yeah, well, I don’t indulge in rumor-mongering. And, whatever he did, it has nothing to do with UK or Rick Pitino...a school and coach he played for over 20 years ago.

Why not just blame it on Will Wyman while you’re at it? It would make as much sense.
Wyman have a shady background??

Did Leary choke or throw a chair during a game he was coaching with his son?

ADVERTISEMENT