ADVERTISEMENT

OT: IU Soccer vs Marquette

Great win. Got down 1-0 at half, Bezerra looked sluggish. Good to see 2 other forwards step up and score.

If you have no interest, you need not open the thread. It even states upfront, "OT." But when it's the NCAA tourney, all IU sports should be welcome to post scores.
My interest in IU soccer goes back to the late 1960s when it was a club sport and a friend of mine played on it. By the way, the thread you mentioned was not the final outcome.

Last edited:
You know, there is a Soccer Board which would welcome your post. Just because another poster (perhaps initials r-t-t) hasn't figured that out doesn't mean you should follow his lead.
I understand your point. However, several great/fun sports to root for have boards that are more clicks to reach. Maybe soccer and IUWBB could have main forums?

IU plays Seton Hall in the round of 8 Monday at 5:00. I do my best to honor Snowling by posting stories, Yeagley interviews, and anything else I can find on the Soccer Board. Hope to see some of you over there.

Reactions: kkott and RBB89
You know, there is a Soccer Board which would welcome your post. Just because another poster (perhaps initials r-t-t) hasn't figured that out doesn't mean you should follow his lead.
There is, but perhaps bringing some information here to a larger audience might drive some traffic to the soccer board.

Reactions: IULouie
BTN has aired IU tournament games in previous years, but they were all matches played in Bloomington. Wonder if the distance made it difficult this year?
Perhaps. But if the NCAA is covering it, all they have to do is pick up the feed. But contracts and all that crap. The team is going to have to play better to reach their goals.

BTN men’s soccer and baseball coverage this spring has been terrible. Rarely see either live.

Yet, plenty of Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse coverage for the handful of eastern conference teams who play it. Women’s softball has been plentiful too.

When I see a post about IU soccer or IU women’s basketball it’s normally bigger news than usual if it’s posted on here. I always look at it. What about a post about pizza or sub sandwiches? I’ll open it and look at it and see that it’s really a post about pizza or sub sandwiches. Hell, they get over 2,000 views. Maybe they should add a swipe left and delete feature. ;)

Reactions: Al Bino
G grief, go wash the sand out of your vag and apply some ointment. There are many IU fans who primarily follow bball, but appreciate knowing what's going on with our other programs, especially when it's notable. There's really not much point in letting IU soccer fans know the results and upcoming time of a game; they're primo soccer fans, so they already know. But, there are many of us who appreciate the intel and will seek out the game and watch because we now know.

It's May on the bball board... we're going to have many months of relatively little action on this board, so some actual news about our school is appreciated, over the endless bickering of Archie's departure, Tom Crean's lack of coaching chops, how superior our program is to PU's despite losing to them 9 straight, and how awesome our team will be this year.

IU wins 2-0! 21st final 4! We play Pitt on Friday.
Did everyone use the feed above, or were there others? I checked the NCAA site, but couldn't find it for our game. Might have been the worst video I've watched in decades? 1 camera, looking back into the sun... probably the middle 60% of the field was obscured. At least it had sound! I'm going to be in Raleigh Friday... wonder if you can get tix in person? I've seen 2 NCs and one runner up for the Hoosiers. The state of NC has been kind to our soccer Hoosiers!

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Did everyone use the feed above, or were there others? I checked the NCAA site, but couldn't find it for our game. Might have been the worst video I've watched in decades? 1 camera, looking back into the sun... probably the middle 60% of the field was obscured. At least it had sound! I'm going to be in Raleigh Friday... wonder if you can get tix in person? I've seen 2 NCs and one runner up for the Hoosiers. The state of NC has been kind to our soccer Hoosiers!
I used it for the portion of the game I could watch. Pretty basic but the sun wasn't setting while i was watching.

I’m going to be in Raleigh this weekend also. Looks like tickets being sold on NCAA website

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT