ADVERTISEMENT

OT I really think Trae Young might get better than Luke Brown. Their games....

Why do people trash on Luke Brown?
Interesting question,I have wondered the same thing.
I know nothing about the kid other than he has obviously worked very hard to become a pretty decent basketball player.
He’s gonna get a free education at D1 school because of that.
Not sure that’s reason to continually make fun of the kid.
Personally I hope he lights it up to shut up some of these ‘internet experts’.

Interesting question,I have wondered the same thing.
I know nothing about the kid other than he has obviously worked very hard to become a pretty decent basketball player.
He’s gonna get a free education at D1 school because of that.
Not sure that’s reason to continually make fun of the kid.
Personally I hope he lights it up to shut up some of these ‘internet experts’.
I'm going to watch his career for sure. I said some time ago that I have no idea how good he can be. All I know is when I watched three or four of his games online. He made me go, "wow". His passing,ball handling, and shooting are very good when you see it. I was comparing him to Young because last night Young pulled up on some shots and drilled them and made me go, "wow" just like Luke.

So now the story is an NBA All Star could be as good, maybe even better than a kid who just graduated from HS and didn't have a single HM offer. Just when I thought the legend of luke couldn't get any bigger...
Raise your hand if you thought Trae Young was gonna tear it up in the NBA like he has? Coming out of college, and I only saw him a couple times, but I thought he was a high volume chucker who would come and go from the NBA quietly. Now he's one of my favorite players to watch. He's small, but he's also really tough and it's fun to watch him waterbug around the court and find the weak spot to exploit, whether it's a step back, floater, drive or dish. I know the other team must hate guarding him, and he makes his FTs. Hats off to him and hope he keeps it going.

Raise your hand if you thought Trae Young was gonna tear it up in the NBA like he has? Coming out of college, and I only saw him a couple times, but I thought he was a high volume chucker who would come and go from the NBA quietly. Now he's one of my favorite players to watch. He's small, but he's also really tough and it's fun to watch him waterbug around the court and find the weak spot to exploit, whether it's a step back, floater, drive or dish. I know the other team must hate guarding him, and he makes his FTs. Hats off to him and hope he keeps it going.
I thought he’d be good. It was always going to take him a bit to adjust to the NBA game at his size, but you could tell that his shot was going to translate. I watch a lot of Big 12 basketball though.

Reactions: Seyton and kkott
I thought he'd disappear after getting drafted and I was certainly wrong about that.

I'm just wondering when everyone thinks he'll be as good as Luke, if ever.

Reactions: kkott
What I like about his game is he doesn't turn it over as much as he did early in his career. He seems to use his ability better in the right way. He makes some very good passes for layups. I love that about his game too.

I still remember all the comments about Jordan Hulls when he signed.
According to the board experts the kid will never get a shot off in college,what is Crean thinking?
Well he got off quite a few shots and more than a few that actually went in🤷‍♂️

According to the board experts the kid will never get a shot off in college,what is Crean thinking?
I don't remember that, not to say there wasn't 1 or 2. But Hulls was pretty highly rated (top 100ish, I think) and a Bloomington kid, so hard to knock getting him. I was surprised when I actually saw him, that he wasn't more athletic because generally a pass-first "tempo" PG doesn't rate highly.

Last edited:
The pass off the backboard to Collins was worth the ticket to the game.
Takes balls and great skill to pull that off..
Plus a guy who has some serious ups .

Reactions: brianiu
I don't, I remember the opposite, with some calling him the next GHW and second coming of Steve Alfred...... but I'll never forget him getting burnt in iso against a walkon baseball player..
he doesn't turn it over as much as he did early in his career.
WTF are you blabbing about, his TO ratio has consistently been 16 to 17 percent for all three years in the NBA which is still too high and was 18% in NCAA.

Just making shit up, again?

Reactions: sluggo69
I don't, I remember the opposite, with some calling him the next GHW and second coming of Steve Alfred...... but I'll never forget him getting burnt in iso against a walkon baseball player..

WTF are you blabbing about, his TO ratio has consistently been 16 to 17 percent for all three years in the NBA which is still too high and was 18% in NCAA.

Who is Steve Alfred?

The pass off the backboard to Collins was worth the ticket to the game.
Takes balls and great skill to pull that off..
Plus a guy who has some serious ups .

That and the shoulder shake before he hit that wide-open three-pointer.

Always leave it to T.M.P. to inject race into ANY and ALL subjects.
Hammer meet nail.
Not only is it Steve Alford, but it's also GWH.
Great White Hope.....

Good grief....

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy01
I thought he'd disappear after getting drafted and I was certainly wrong about that.

I'm just wondering when everyone thinks he'll be as good as Luke, if ever.
The Luke Brown put downs are getting real tiresome. The young guy doesn’t deserve it.

He is a high-volume chucker for sure, but I do love that floater shot of his and his oops passes are things of beauty. He’s really fun to watch.

The Luke Brown put downs are getting real tiresome. The young guy doesn’t deserve it.
Are they as tiresome as all the Luke Brown worship?

I'm not putting the kid down anyway. I'm ridiculing the idea of people saying that someday Trae Young might be as good or possibly even better than Luke Brown. When people make ridiculous claims about a kid, they invite the reactions they get.

Are they as tiresome as all the Luke Brown worship?

I'm not putting the kid down anyway. I'm ridiculing the idea of people saying that someday Trae Young might be as good or possibly even better than Luke Brown. When people make ridiculous claims about a kid, they invite the reactions they get.
Go ahead and kiss Bloom!

The OP said he was better than Trae Young. It’s silly. I don’t think anyone has any animosity toward Luke Brown, whoever he is.
I was being silly for a purpose. People slam Luke Brown and so I was just saying perhaps Young was better. I was serious about comparing their games as far as making passes and pulling up from long range. Both players made me go, "wow". It was different levels, one a pro and the other a high school kid. But both brought excitement to me.

I was being silly for a purpose. People slam Luke Brown and so I was just saying perhaps Young was better. I was serious about comparing their games as far as making passes and pulling up from long range. Both players made me go, "wow". It was different levels, one a pro and the other a high school kid. But both brought excitement to me.
Cool

Why do you infiltrate everything with stupid nonsense. Jordy was a blast to watch…. I wish we had anyone the past 5-6 years with that passion

Always leave it to T.M.P. to inject race into ANY and ALL subjects.
Hammer meet nail.
Not only is it Steve Alford, but it's also GWH.
Great White Hope.....

Good grief....
He probably believes Jalen Rose that Kevin Love is token. JR should be fired over those comments but nobody has the balls to break PC

No way do I think he is even close to Trae Young , but I think he is as good as Rob !
No he’s not. Rob would kill him on the defensive end. Rob can lock down some pretty great guards. Like Winston. Let’s just stop with the Luke Brown is an elite guard garbage.

No he’s not. Rob would kill him on the defensive end. Rob can lock down some pretty great guards. Like Winston. Let’s just stop with the Luke Brown is an elite guard garbage.
You can’t tell me what to do! Quit replying to my posts.

Reactions: SoccerSammy
Yeah, I agree. Trae Young is better than Luke Brown. Good post.
I'm not really sure he is, Trae Young commits a push-off offensive foul on almost EVERY drive. Don't believe me? Watch his highlights, they're all offensive fouls and he's been doing it forever, not just NBA. Why in the world they don't call it is beyond me, but shit, I could have gone pro if they allowed that consistently. He arm bars or slaps at the defenders arm on almost every drive ... beyond ridiculous. I hate his game, good shooter and handle, but use that and not offensive foul all the time

I'm not really sure he is, Trae Young commits a push-off offensive foul on almost EVERY drive. Don't believe me? Watch his highlights, they're all offensive fouls and he's been doing it forever, not just NBA. Why in the world they don't call it is beyond me, but shit, I could have gone pro if they allowed that consistently. He arm bars or slaps at the defenders arm on almost every drive ... beyond ridiculous. I hate his game, good shooter and handle, but use that and not offensive foul all the time
No arm push off would have helped me. I am 5'9" unathletic, but could shoot the ball really good. I always said I had a good fast first step, but the second,third etc were too slow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT