ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Frank Vogel

Bucket Getter

Senior
Apr 9, 2023
Dude signed at 5 yr/$31M contract last June. Fired 11 months later. Primarily because Durant is old and “frankly” he’s not a very good coach. Does he get the whole $31M? That’d be one helluva bag for 11 months of suck.

Reactions: ulrey
I’d take him back in Indy. His teams generally play good defense. (Before winning a title in L.A., Vogel led the Pacers to the Eastern Conference semifinals twice. Vogel had the NBA's top-rated defense three times in his career -- twice with Indiana and once with the Lakers, according to ESPN Stats & Information.) if Pacers played any defense these days they’d be up 2-0 on Knicks

Aint his fault Phoenix sank their eggs in the basket of three ball dominant guys. And two that seem to get hurt more often than they play. And that owner is on his 3rd HC in 3 years.

Great read a couple of weeks ago about how the Suns tried to recreate a super team that was geared towards winning in the NBA around 2010. I'll see if I can find it, but basically, it compared the suns to the heat when Bron Bron took his skills to South Beach. Too much salary sunk into 3 dudes who were ball dominant and too reliant on long 2s.

Last edited:
Dude signed at 5 yr/$31M contract last June. Fired 11 months later. Primarily because Durant is old and “frankly” he’s not a very good coach. Does he get the whole $31M? That’d be one helluva bag for 11 months of suck.
He’s a hell of a lot better than what we’ve got at IU right now. ‘Course that might not be sayin’ much since there’s a 50/50 chance the guy coaching your local high school team is better as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT