ADVERTISEMENT

OT: For those that asked or emailed me

iubhounds

All-American
Feb 15, 2002
For those that asked or emailed me wondering where my blog went about 3 weeks ago, it's back online.

There were no technical issues, I became a little tired of coming up with material. It was starting to feel like a job to post and that wasn't a feeling I was wanting. I've continued to watch all the IU games, all the college and NFL football games. I caught myself starting to not only watch but making mental notes that I might write about later and I didn't want to do that while watching a game.

Anyway for those that had bookmarked the site or were following by email, the blog is back in action with a short post about tonight's game.

Hoosiers Are On Fire

tired of coming up with material?

I read it a few times, not bad, but didn't you only have a handful of columns to begin with? Why did you even start in the first place?

There always seems to be drama surrounding IU basketball, but this year has been "Season on the Brink-esque". Definitely no shortage of interesting angles, so I guess it's a good thing you didn't quit your day job.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Started by a request from out of state IU alum friends

I have other blogs, over 100 one page blogs that are geared for affiliate income, one blog per product so I was hesitant to begin a new blog to start with. Over the years I have sent emails with attachments of IU articles to 3 friends that are IU alum '76 and have busy lives ... they don't have time to live on forums.

This year they suggested I started a blog and write what I did to them in emails. So I did it for them.

I had 17 posts on that blog but when you have others to write, the feeling of a 'job' set in. I DID not start the blog just to write about negative stuff about Crean and IU. I write what I felt and what I viewed from my couch.

As far as my day job ... I'm a retired accountant
3dgrin.r191677.gif
I have not day job. Like I explained in the 'about' page, I am not a sportswriter, I do not have a degree in journalism, there will be misspelled words and incorrect sentence structure ... readers were warned.

I will admit that even with my poor writing, it has definitely stirred up the PUke fans and a few Marquette fans based on what I receive in my email inbox.

iubhounds

Welcome back. I missed reading your blog. Why not write when the muse strikes and not worry about intervening days? You are not on deadline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT