ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Season in Jeopardy?

Capiche

Newcomer
Jul 28, 2011
It is being reported on a non-Rivals OSU site that several (that was the word used in the article) OSU players have apparently tested positive for COVID-19. No other information, specific players or number of players, was available. OSU declined to comment on the situation. Based on the 21 day rule, these players would miss the rest of the Big Ten regular season and the Big 10 Championship game. Per Big Ten rules, teams must play at least six games to be eligible for the Big Ten Championship Game on Dec. 19 in Indianapolis (unless the average number of games played per team in the conference drops below 6).

Means we’ll start popping next week. Couple that with the fact we’re playing Maryland I don’t like our odds of playing 9 games.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Your receivers should be safe since our (OSU) cornerbacks were practicing the 6 feet distance rule during the game. My math was wrong on the 21 day rule. These players would miss the rest of the regular season but could be available for the Big 10 Championship game. Some of the unconfirmed reports suggest it may be restricted to a certain position group. OSU releases a player unavailable list on Friday. It will be interesting to see the names on that list. As of right now the Illinois game is still on

It is being reported on a non-Rivals OSU site that several (that was the word used in the article) OSU players have apparently tested positive for COVID-19. No other information, specific players or number of players, was available. OSU declined to comment on the situation. Based on the 21 day rule, these players would miss the rest of the Big Ten regular season and the Big 10 Championship game. Per Big Ten rules, teams must play at least six games to be eligible for the Big Ten Championship Game on Dec. 19 in Indianapolis (unless the average number of games played per team in the conference drops below 6).

How much you wanna bet the Big Ten revisits the 21 day rule...😉

I personally do not want us to be a part of the CFP this season. The thought of Alabama and/or Clemson receivers running roughshod through our secondary would be brutal. But then again we all know the rankings are determined by which teams produce the highest TV ratings.

I personally do not want us to be a part of the CFP this season. The thought of Alabama and/or Clemson receivers running roughshod through our secondary would be brutal. But then again we all know the rankings are determined by which teams produce the highest TV ratings.

Spell o-_h-i-o... This is a Test...😉

Come on... I spotted you three letters and broke it down for you just like the real Buckeye brain trust does...

If you can't get that right you're either a p u fan or lost cornhusker...

By the way..., I'm just teasing you... You may well be the first (check that.., 3rd..., we do have St Henry on here and Ten Point Buck was another breath of fresh air) normal acting "the" Ohio $tate fan(s) I've run across in the last fifty plus years..., hence the disbelief...😉😎

Last edited:
Your receivers should be safe since our (OSU) cornerbacks were practicing the 6 feet distance rule during the game. My math was wrong on the 21 day rule. These players would miss the rest of the regular season but could be available for the Big 10 Championship game. Some of the unconfirmed reports suggest it may be restricted to a certain position group. OSU releases a player unavailable list on Friday. It will be interesting to see the names on that list. As of right now the Illinois game is still on
If O$U missed 3 games, they're out of the championship game. They've already missed one game. Miss 2 more and they're out.

They could still be in the CFP, though.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
If O$U missed 3 games, they're out of the championship game. They've already missed one game. Miss 2 more and they're out.

They could still be in the CFP, though.

I guess Nick614 is going to get to learn whether his boast is accurate or not (that o$u's 2nd team is the 2nd best team in the Big Ten)... 😉

Here's the article that the OP was hinting at:

No tears here for them... They're going to get waxed in the Championship (if they get there) anyway... We just got through giving everyone with comparable talent the template to beat them with...

Off topic from the OP...

It's a little late in the week for Ohio $tate talk but I thought this was too interesting not to share it...

This is a breakdown (to some extent) of how we defended them:

In my opinion, we either cost them the Championship (because everyone else will do a variation of that to them)..., or we won it for them (in that they can learn from it)... Personally, I think they're toast...😉

I would think that O$U 3rd string could take Illinois this week and then cancel the game after that if need be.

Off topic from the OP...

It's a little late in the week for Ohio $tate talk but I thought this was too interesting not to share it...

In my opinion, we either cost them the Championship (because everyone else will do a variation of that to them)..., or we won it for them (in that they can learn from it)... Personally, I think they're toast...😉
Need a subscription. Can you summarize?

Reactions: vesuvius13
They go by a different set of rules,they will play.As much as I dislike them,we are playing this year because the conference thinks they have a chance at the NC.They won’t jeopardize that by canceling their games.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
iu

Maybe give Iu receivers some credit.. Typical osu fan

Off topic from the OP...

Lets hope it is not Ahia's OL room. The way they held and hugged all game makes me very concerned for IU's defensive players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT