ADVERTISEMENT

OSU is a heckuva long putt...

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
however,

They are not, in my humble estimation, a quality #1 college football team.
While the odds are long for us to get an upset next Saturday...if there were ever a #1 team that could, would or even ought to fall to an unranked conference opponent...it would be this year's OSU team.

Go Hoosiers!

interesting dilemma for CKW this week. If the the goal is to be competitive and make the final respectable...something like osu 31-17 It could easily be done just by protecting the ball and running 70% of the time and playing solid non aggressive defense.

however if he wants a chance to win...hes gotta go all out...sort of like he did the first few games when sud went down last year. on side kicks...fourth and 8 at midfield and the such. don't get me wrong it would be long odds...but 2 or 3 big turnaround plays and if OSU isn't on their A game its definitely possible to shock the world. but this type of style could also lead to being down 31-0 at half and an abysmal final.

myself I say go for it...and if necessary pick up the pieces afterward and pay no mind to the folks on the Peegs board. its worth the risk

Reactions: S.O.B.1983
interesting dilemma for CKW this week. If the the goal is to be competitive and make the final respectable...something like osu 31-17 It could easily be done just by protecting the ball and running 70% of the time and playing solid non aggressive defense.

however if he wants a chance to win...hes gotta go all out...sort of like he did the first few games when sud went down last year. on side kicks...fourth and 8 at midfield and the such. don't get me wrong it would be long odds...but 2 or 3 big turnaround plays and if OSU isn't on their A game its definitely possible to shock the world. but this type of style could also lead to being down 31-0 at half and an abysmal final.

myself I say go for it...and if necessary pick up the pieces afterward and pay no mind to the folks on the Peegs board. its worth the risk

I would hope that he plays to win. Who cares if it ends up a blowout. Blitz, and try to get some pics. Go all out on offense. You never know if somehow we could get some quick scores OSU could tighten up. They have a lot more to lose than we do.

Is there anything that Coach does which would lead you to believe that just keeping it close is good enough? Admittedly there are times when I wonder what he's thinking, but I'd never question his desire to win. He's all-in.

Reactions: ss32000

If the goal is to make it competitive and keep the score respectable, then IU should start looking for his replacement. But I guarantee you his goal is to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT