ADVERTISEMENT

Oscars

You clearly missed the point. Movies are only made now for stupid reasons.

you-need-to-nazmj4.jpg

What's your Top 5? Not necessarily disagreeing...just interested! :D
  1. first Captain America...started the whole genre
  2. Thor Ragnarok...hilarious
  3. Avengers
  4. Infinity War
  5. Dr. Strange
  6. Black panther
I lied. It’s not in Top 5.

1. first Captain America...started the whole genre
  2. Thor Ragnarok...hilarious
  3. Avengers
  4. Infinity War
  5. Dr. Strange
  6. Black panther
I lied. It’s not in Top 5.

That's an interesting list. I loved the original Avengers, but I didn't love Infinity War. And some of the best Marvel movies are outside the MCU (Logan, Spiderman), but I'm surprised that the first Iron Man isn't on your list. I'd go:

1) Guardians
2) Avengers
3) Winter Soldier
4) Black Panther
5) Iron Man

I've never loved the Thor movies. I get why other people liked them, but they just never were my thing. And I thought Captain Marvel was really solid. Marvel still just gets it right more often than DC. Marvel's properties just work better cinematically for the most part.

That's an interesting list. I loved the original Avengers, but I didn't love Infinity War. And some of the best Marvel movies are outside the MCU (Logan, Spiderman), but I'm surprised that the first Iron Man isn't on your list. I'd go:

1) Guardians
2) Avengers
3) Winter Soldier
4) Black Panther
5) Iron Man

I've never loved the Thor movies. I get why other people liked them, but they just never were my thing. And I thought Captain Marvel was really solid. Marvel still just gets it right more often than DC. Marvel's properties just work better cinematically for the most part.
I have watched very few Marvel/superhero movies (or whatever you want to call them), but I did enjoy the Iron Man flicks.

I have watched very few Marvel/superhero movies (or whatever you want to call them), but I did enjoy the Iron Man flicks.

Yeah, getting RDJ for Iron Man was part lucky break/part stroke of genius for Marvel. That set up the template for the rest of the MCU though in terms of casting some great actors in parts instead of just the biggest stars. They've taken a lot of risks that have paid off well.

But, I get it when it comes to spending time on superhero movies. They aren't meant to appeal to folks like us and, if you're like me, it's hard to find the time to fit them in, but I highly recommend Logan. It does it a disservice to call it a superhero movie.

1) Guardians
2) Avengers
3) Winter Soldier
4) Black Panther
5) Iron Man

Arrrgggh I completely forgot Guardians. They’re the new number 3 on my list.

Arrrgggh I completely forgot Guardians. They’re the new number 3 on my list.

I remember hearing about the package Marvel had assembled for GOTG one day at work. Yeah, a superhero space movie with a talking raccoon and a walking tree that basically says one word starring that guy from Parks & Rec and directed by a guy from Troma? Sounds like the recipe for a sure-fire hit. o_O

Movies are a funny thing.

Finally got around to watching Green Book..... and really enjoyed it.

If you want to watch something that doesn't make you feel more depressed than when you started watching it, it's a good choice. I understand that most 'Best Pictures' must leave you feeling bad, sad and generally sour to really be liked by critics.... but I digress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT