ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon 2004

From what I remember it was more Oregon losing than Indiana winning. But hey, a W is a W.

From what I remember it was more Oregon losing than Indiana winning. But hey, a W is a W.
Oregon turned the ball over six or seven times. It was rainy up there. Lance Bennett ran a kickoff back for a touchdown. I was sitting next to Andy Robertson's parents (who made a 50 yard kick) and John Panozzo's dad. HD Jones intercepted a pass to save the game. I also met the long snapper Warriner's Dad at Mt. Saint Helen's who also played on our Rose Bowl team. My favorite memory of that trip was Gerry Dinardo leading the team out to the bus. He said, "We got what we wanted boys. Let's go home!"

I heard the halftime score and nearly drove off the road, I was so excited. Once I got home I listened on the computer.

Oh, what might have been that season? Gave games away at Illinois (blew 19-0 lead) and at home vs PSU (4 cracks inside the 2 to win and awful play calling). Northwestern doinked a fg off the upright to send that game to OT, then Baszanez (who admitted he thought it was 4th down) just throws one up for grabs while being chased, to the back of the endzone that 4 IU guys around rcvr could have knocked down. Also, Blew a 20-7 lead to MSU.

I know the players didn't care for him, but if GD wins 2 or 3 of those, he probably would have been around a while. After all the tight losses, the blow out by PU was the final nail in his coffin.

Reactions: jb17 and DANC
The Maryland I 4 straight plays was enough to run him out of town. At that point in my life I don’t know if I had ever been angrier.

Reactions: RBB89 and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT