ADVERTISEMENT

Opiate Eyes

Indigo1983

Redshirt
May 13, 2018
Do people notice opiate eyes?

Do normal people pick up on the tiny pupils that opiates give you? What about people that are more experienced, like doctors, cops, other drug users etc?

In terms of sober body language, small pupils are a sign of coldness and it shows that the person has some negative vibes going on. I've definitely noticed that when my/my friends' pupils are constricted from opiates, it definitely gives a cold, distant look to our faces. Looking in the mirror actually freaks me out a bit sometimes, because even if i'm in a good mood i look like im in a terrible mood because of how small and distant my eyes look. I feel like small pupils just inherently make a face look mean. I know people naturally pick up on this, usually subconsciously, but do people actually think about it consciously and know that this is from opiates? Or do they not even think about it? i'm asking about your personal experiences. maybe you've been asked if you're high, or somebody has commented on your eyes. i'm really just curious about anything related to the topic at all. Personally, nobody's ever asked me if i was high or commented on my pupils directly, but i have been told that i look like im in a bad mood or frustrated before. This is just something i've been wondering about for a while out of curiosity. So let me know your observations and experiences!

Last edited:

Do normal people pick up on the tiny pupils that opiates give you? What about people that are more experienced, like doctors, cops, other drug users etc?

In terms of sober body language, small pupils are a sign of coldness and it shows that the person has some negative vibes going on. I've definitely noticed that when my/my friends' pupils are constricted from opiates, it definitely gives a cold, distant look to our faces. Looking in the mirror actually freaks me out a bit sometimes, because even if i'm in a good mood i look like im in a terrible mood because of how small and distant my eyes look. I feel like small pupils just inherently make a face look mean. I know people naturally pick up on this, usually subconsciously, but do people actually think about it consciously and know that this is from opiates? Or do they not even think about it? i'm asking about your personal experiences. maybe you've been asked if you're high, or somebody has commented on your eyes. i'm really just curious about anything related to the topic at all. Personally, nobody's ever asked me if i was high or commented on my pupils directly, but i have been told that i look like im in a bad mood or frustrated before. This is just something i've been wondering about for a while out of curiosity. So let me know your observations and experiences!
I do recovery coaching and I see it right away. But it can be caused by several things so never assume

I pick up on it, but I'm so used to looking as a responder I can tell pretty quickly whether someone is high or not. Pupils are only part of what I look at though. I'm sure to the lay person, they don't notice things like that, well unless you are McNutt.

So what is your Opiate of choice, and what amount did you use tonight? Just something that I have been wondering about.

For some, (apparently Mr Stills), the problem is Cocaine Eyes...

Neil's seen a lot of tragedy,and a lot of Tired Eyes

And Neil's buddy from Springfield (Richie Furay) wrote about the loss of Gram Parsons,and his Crazy Eyes

Jimmy Messina wrote about Angry Eyes

And Bruce just summed it up with Sad Eyes-that never lie...

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT