ADVERTISEMENT

Opens season against Western Illinois

Wasn't it a sore hamstring that limited Green last year early in the season also?

Hate that our game isn't on BTN to start the season, but looking forward to it nonetheless. Go Hoosiers!

Wasn't it a sore hamstring that limited Green last year early in the season also?

Hate that our game isn't on BTN to start the season, but looking forward to it nonetheless. Go Hoosiers!
Thigh bruise I believe.

I am hearing WI has 3 guards out for this game. 2 with hamstring issues. They lost a 7' center that was a national leader in blocked shots to graduation. Doesn't help considering they were 10-21 last year!

I made it up for the game tonight. Here are a few takeaways.

IU was very stagnant offensively from the first tv timeout to the second tv timeout. IU went with a smaller lineup that immediately out together a 16 -0 or point run. Might be off by a few points.

Durham - shot extremely well including 3’s.
Smith - played very well and was active both ends of the court.
Brunk - active. Gets pushed around some but will certainly contribute.
Franklin - solid performance. 8 or so assists to 0 turnovers I believe.
TJD - looked darn good. Scored 8 points. Had several blocks and altered several others. Very smooth.

Anderson - looked okay. His 3 ball attempt in the first half didn’t look good leaving his hand. But he did hit a jumper.
DD - looked solid. Limited minutes.
Hunter - pretty impressive. Long and active. Has some very good upside.
Thompson - plays hard. Will give some helpful bench minutes.
Rob - very good defense. Strong on drives. Knocked down a perimeter jumper or two.

Easy win against a bad team. There is some potential. Look forward to watching them this season.

Anyone remember when Hunter and Race were going to be the saviors this year? Missing them last year is why we laid a complete egg? That didn’t age well.

Reactions: Lucy01
I made it up for the game tonight. Here are a few takeaways.

IU was very stagnant offensively from the first tv timeout to the second tv timeout. IU went with a smaller lineup that immediately out together a 16 -0 or point run. Might be off by a few points.

Durham - shot extremely well including 3’s.
Smith - played very well and was active both ends of the court.
Brunk - active. Gets pushed around some but will certainly contribute.
Franklin - solid performance. 8 or so assists to 0 turnovers I believe.
TJD - looked darn good. Scored 8 points. Had several blocks and altered several others. Very smooth.

Anderson - looked okay. His 3 ball attempt in the first half didn’t look good leaving his hand. But he did hit a jumper.
DD - looked solid. Limited minutes.
Hunter - pretty impressive. Long and active. Has some very good upside.
Thompson - plays hard. Will give some helpful bench minutes.
Rob - very good defense. Strong on drives. Knocked down a perimeter jumper or two.

Easy win against a bad team. There is some potential. Look forward to watching them this season.

Thanks for your perspective.

Impressed with Al's effortless 3 point shooting. He is shooting with a lot of confidence. Franklin's 8 assists in his first game is a good way to start. Phinisee didn't look too rusty. It is good to see others step up with Devonte being out. It will be great to be at full strength.

It was a really good win tonight in a lot of ways. WIU did not shoot well, IU did. Indiana was efficient with 3's, made more FTs than their opponent attempted, and got good production from veterans, but with positive contributions from the 3 freshmen. All 3 of those guys are going to help this team, in addition to Brunk, who is an upperclassman in how he plays, and vertainly in what Miller expects from him.

Having Green back adds another weapon, but it is nice to see more balance this year. More athleticism. More size. There is a lot to take away that is positive here in this first one.

Impressed with Al's effortless 3 point shooting. He is shooting with a lot of confidence. Franklin's 8 assists in his first game is a good way to start. Phinisee didn't look too rusty. It is good to see others step up with Devonte being out. It will be great to be at full strength.

Durham was shooting the 3 really well to start last year until that hand injury. Hopefully he's just regained his form and added another summer of solid work. I'm really impressed by him. As a freshman all I ever expected him to be was an effort and hustle guy on O and a solid defender. He's putting in the work.

Durham was shooting the 3 really well to start last year until that hand injury. Hopefully he's just regained his form and added another summer of solid work. I'm really impressed by him. As a freshman all I ever expected him to be was an effort and hustle guy on O and a solid defender. He's putting in the work.
He isn't Oladipo, but he has a similar year to year improvement and work ethic Victor showed. Victor went from someone that scored almost always off the drive to being a good 3 point shooter. I feel good about Durham, Green and Phinisee shooting the ball. Franklin has also made some shots that are impressive for a freshman. It is a long season and we will face better defenses, but a good start without Devonte.

It’s time for you to be blocked
Lol. Not sure which moronic troll you are blocking, but I blocked several of them and it has made this forum so much better. Some real idiots on here that do nothing but try to create chaos. If we all just ignore them, they will just be talking to themselves.

Reactions: thezinfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT