ADVERTISEMENT

Opens home slate against Purdue

For early March, the weather forecast for tomorrow looks really good. They expect a high of 56 with cloudy skies, with the winds out of the west at 13 mph and zero precip.

Reactions: snowling
Krueger with 5.1 IP and no earned runs on the season so far, is a good sign for him (and us.)

That's an awesome sign........not many things could be better for this team.

Before the season I was worried about the catcher, Fucci, and 2nd.

What I'm hearing is that Hopkins is a darn good defensive catcher in terms of blocking the ball and keeping it in front of him.....last I saw, however, was that he was 0/5 on SB attempts....that will be a big problem later on. Otherwise, the trio of Hopkins, Trinkle & Fucci seem to be holding up pretty well so far. Seems like the biggest issue so far is Jeremy's play, both on O & on D.......however, apparently Fucci is no Bradley when it comes to dealing with Jeremy's 1 hop throws, so that might be partially on him.

Any word on how long the KY transfer may be out?

Finally, so far the pitching, and in particular the SP, has held up pretty well. To me , we're definitely looking like a borderline top 20 team............

To me , we're definitely looking like a borderline top 20 team............

San Diego comes into our series with a 9-3 record and they are 3-0 against the B1G having beaten Minny, Neb, and Iowa. A good showing against them will probably get us into some of the polls if not all of them. They did lose on Mar 3rd to an Indiana State team with a so-so 6-5 record in Terre Haute, so maybe getting them away from the West Coast will be to our benefit.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2020/schedule/San-Diego

That's an awesome sign........not many things could be better for this team.

Before the season I was worried about the catcher, Fucci, and 2nd.

What I'm hearing is that Hopkins is a darn good defensive catcher in terms of blocking the ball and keeping it in front of him.....last I saw, however, was that he was 0/5 on SB attempts....that will be a big problem later on. Otherwise, the trio of Hopkins, Trinkle & Fucci seem to be holding up pretty well so far. Seems like the biggest issue so far is Jeremy's play, both on O & on D.......however, apparently Fucci is no Bradley when it comes to dealing with Jeremy's 1 hop throws, so that might be partially on him.

Any word on how long the KY transfer may be out?

Finally, so far the pitching, and in particular the SP, has held up pretty well. To me , we're definitely looking like a borderline top 20 team............

I saw all three in Mobile. They all pass the eye test. Three great additions along with Hunter Jesse who flipped from Louisville, was player of the year in Ohio, and starts as a freshman. (Sat next to Hunter's dad on Sunday. Said Coach was the reason he flipped.) We look real good in person. In addition, Dunham's dad said this is the best pitching staff he's seen since his son came aboard. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: snowling
The pitching overall has been better than expected losing your entire starting weekend rotation. Vecrumba has started Slower then he would like but Jessee has been outstanding. Both Cole Barr and Houston started slow but both with multi hit games against Purdue. Both Richardon and Dunham are putting up all big 10 type numbers early. Platt, Bierman, and Krueger have looked good out of the pen. Brown has electric stuff but still struggles with control. If he can harness it, he could develop into a reliever maybe throwing 95+. I figured as highly regarded as Reese Sharp was that he might challenge for PT early but he hasn’t played yet. Perhaps he’s a RS candidate or just not ready. The team has a lot of options. This San Diego series will be big as this is a talented opponent. Now only playing 3 out of 4 due to weather, hopefully the Hoosiers can play well and take the series. Figured this as a rebuilding year maybe but IU is reloading. Great group committed for next year too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT