ADVERTISEMENT

Opens at #11 LSU

IU has to limit any damage from Beloso and Cabrera, and probably need to find some lefty pitchers this weekend. LSU is a left handed dominat lineup, so watch that match up. LSU has a really Good Friday night guy (standard in SEC) in RHP Cole Henry, hard throwing mid 90s fastball with some ASR. Uses a 3 pitch mix with a hard 12-6 shape curve, and a nice late fading change up. If the fastball is getting by IU, they will struggle. LSU also has some speed, and they like to steal (very aggressive on the bases), really got to limit the run game which is a huge question mark right now for the Hoosiers.

Reactions: snowling
IU has to limit any damage from Beloso and Cabrera, and probably need to find some lefty pitchers this weekend. LSU is a left handed dominat lineup, so watch that match up. LSU has a really Good Friday night guy (standard in SEC) in RHP Cole Henry, hard throwing mid 90s fastball with some ASR. Uses a 3 pitch mix with a hard 12-6 shape curve, and a nice late fading change up. If the fastball is getting by IU, they will struggle. LSU also has some speed, and they like to steal (very aggressive on the bases), really got to limit the run game which is a huge question mark right now for the Hoosiers.
Anyone know who our catcher is right now? If they are a running team, all the more reason to get some lefties out there. Yikes.

I assume we saw their ace pitcher (Friday starter) in this one, so here's hoping for better results the rest of the weekend. We are playing what is probably the best team on our schedule this season, and it probably isn't even close.
My comment on the best team on the schedule was a little off as I forgot about Louisville, who is certainly on the same level, if not a little higher, with LSU.

Easter Carolina, Michigan, and UL are pretty good teams. Michigan came back and beat Vandy last night @ Vandy. LSU is picked to finish middle of the sec west this year.

ADVERTISEMENT