ADVERTISEMENT

Opening series in Memphis

The first two batters in the 5th caught looking. We have the top of the order coming up in the 6th and hopefully we can get something going. Sloan on the mound in the B5th.

Reactions: snowling
IU women have a 2-0 lead on Duke and are still batting in the B3rd. Trainer is on the mound and that lead may be all she needs.

Last edited:
Hoosier bats have stilled.
Saalfrank comes in to work the bottom of the 6th; walks the 1st Tiger and a double has runners on th corners with no outs; and a double scores 2; Tucker relieves Sloan; DP and GO ends the inning.
Need some bats ato string some hits together.

After 6:

* * * R H E
* IU 0 3 0
MU 3 6 0

Go Hoosiers!

Hoosier bats have stilled.
Saalfrank comes in to work the bottom of the 6th; walks the 1st Tiger and a double has runners on th corners with no outs; and a double scores 2; Tucker relieves Sloan; DP and GO ends the inning.
Need some bats ato string some hits together.

After 6:

* * * R H E
* IU 0 3 0
MU 3 6 0

Go Hoosiers!
We seen two different pitchers with the same result. I don't know how many times we have watched a called third strike in this game, but there have been several of them.

Barr gets a 3 run homer with 2 outs in T9 and IU avoids the shut-out, but split the DH: will try to win the series tomorrow afternoon. GBR!

Final:

* * * R H E
* IU 3 6 1
MU 6 8 0

Go Hoosiers!
At least they avoided the shut-out, but man, were the bats impotent in that game. One would have to like the one inning that frosh Alex Franklin pitched, having a 1-2-3 inning with 2 Ks.

Offensive approach/strategy was a little iffy. Hoping to see some manufacturing tomorrow.

I had to work and missed the second game. Just looking at the box score. Man, pretty disappointed in the bats. We got absolutely shut down by a guy that had a 6.44 ERA last year. His line against us: 5 IP/3H/1BB/8K. Even in the first game, we didn't hit that well and without all of the Memphis errors, it could have been a different story. Definitely need to win tomorrow. This is the problem with facing a team that isn't very good.....you can't lose against them and play poorly like this.

I had to work and missed the second game. Just looking at the box score. Man, pretty disappointed in the bats. We got absolutely shut down by a guy that had a 6.44 ERA last year. His line against us: 5 IP/3H/1BB/8K. Even in the first game, we didn't hit that well and without all of the Memphis errors, it could have been a different story. Definitely need to win tomorrow. This is the problem with facing a team that isn't very good.....you can't lose against them and play poorly like this.
I've already made note of it in earlier posts, but we took an awful lot of called third strikes in this game.

I've already made note of it in earlier posts, but we took an awful lot of called third strikes in this game.
Not good. Lloyd just took strike 3 now. 23 K's in the first 2 games and now 5 more today. We are making this Memphis pitching staff look like the Atlanta Braves in the 90's.

Not good. Lloyd just took strike 3 now. 23 K's in the first 2 games and now 5 more today. We are making this Memphis pitching staff look like the Atlanta Braves in the 90's.
Sommer is pitching pretty well right now. He just got out of a mini-jam in the B4th when the first two batters reached on base hits.

Here we are after batting in the 7th and we already have 12 strikeouts in the game. Hopefully, this is not going to be a season long trend.

T8 - Houston gets a lead-off single followed by 2 errors that lets Houston score; Crail scores on Kaletha's SF (Walker advances to 3rd) Walker scores on Lloyd's SF and GO ends the side . IU leads 6-0 going to B8. GBR!

* * * R H E
* IU 6 5 1
MU 0 5 2

Go Hoosiers!
Hopefully, Gorski's injury is nothing serious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT