ADVERTISEMENT

Opening series in Memphis

We need to take care of business against a team like this. While getting a sweep or taking the series won't help the resume that much, doing the opposite will certainly hurt it down the road. I was looking at the weather forecast for Memphis for Friday, and it's not very good. They are expecting a high of 49 and a low of 31, with rain most of the day that will start in the morning and become steady in the afternoon. There could be the possibility of a double-header either on Sat or Sun. Hopefully, they can get these games in as scheduled.

Reactions: snowling
We need to take care of business against a team like this. While getting a sweep or taking the series won't help the resume that much, doing the opposite will certainly hurt it down the road. I was looking at the weather forecast for Memphis for Friday, and it's not very good. They are expecting a high of 49 and a low of 31, with rain most of the day that will start in the morning and become steady in the afternoon. There could be the possibility of a double-header either on Sat or Sun. Hopefully, they can get these games in as scheduled.
#1 RPI rule, don’t lose to bad teams at home. It’s best not to lose to bad teams at all, but never at home field.

With the opening pitch about 45 minutes away, it is 44 degrees with light rain, however, so far, the heavier rain is staying to the north of Memphis. They have a grass field there so it depends on what the outfield is like as far as current playability is concerned. That's just my opinion on things right now.

Reactions: CC Mac
With the opening pitch about 45 minutes away, it is 44 degrees with light rain, however, so far, the heavier rain is staying to the north of Memphis. They have a grass field there so it depends on what the outfield is like as far as current playability is concerned. That's just my opinion on things right now.
Hope they can get it in,if not I wonder if they will play 2 tomorrow?

Haha,right on cue.I guess that answers my question.
Yeah, I had a feeling that was going to happen aided by the weather report. It's that time of the year, and with Memphis being mid-south it can be risky. The weather forecast looks good enough for tomorrow, but they are expecting rain for Sunday. However, the Sunday forecast calls for the heaviest rain to be in the morning with it letting up in the afternoon. But, we know how fickle the weather can be.

Reactions: snowling and CC Mac
Yeah, I had a feeling that was going to happen aided by the weather report. It's that time of the year, and with Memphis being mid-south it can be risky. The weather forecast looks good enough for tomorrow, but they are expecting rain for Sunday. However, the Sunday forecast calls for the heaviest rain to be in the morning with it letting up in the afternoon. But, we know how fickle the weather can be.
I was looking forward to following the game online.
Hopefully they can get all 3 played,you know there will be rainouts later.

Reactions: snowling and ptrich
Seems odd to open there. Haven't we typically gone a lot farther west or south to almost assure us of getting early season games it?

Reactions: ptrich and snowling
Seems odd to open there. Haven't we typically gone a lot farther west or south to almost assure us of getting early season games it?
The schedule takes us to the Tennessee Vols next weekend, so needless to say, we could see similar weather.

Is the game going on? I am on Memphis's site and the time is going by, live, it says, but only a black screen.

Is the game going on? I am on Memphis's site and the time is going by, live, it says, but only a black screen.
Never mind, I pulled it up on my laptop.....it's working on there. 0-0, bottom of the 2nd. Memphis has retired 6 of 7 batters, with only Kaletha reaching base on a HBP (picking up where he left off on that one).

not looking good early on, offensively. Gorski broke up the no hitter in the 3rd with 2 out but then Walker is out on a weak ground ball to short. Still 0-0 going into the bottom of the 3rd.

I'm having the same problem. Dark screen on the Memphis site. Clicking on the "Live Stats" link I just get an empty screen, with "SIDEARM Live Stats" in the URL. Is anybody getting a connection?

I'm having the same problem. Dark screen on the Memphis site. Clicking on the "Live Stats" link I just get an empty screen, with "SIDEARM Live Stats" in the URL. Is anybody getting a connection?
It's working for me now. I have had the video up on my laptop, and the live stats came up on my imac after i restarted it. Not sure what was up.

4-0 now, IU, with some help of some Memphis errors last inning.

Video is working fine (no announcer, just game sound) ... Live Stats went south in 4th inning for me (not back as of yet ... Radio Feed is not up for this game.

Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
Video is working fine (no announcer, just game sound) ... Live Stats went south in 4th inning for me (not back as of yet ... Radio Feed is not up for this game.

Go Hoosiers!
I still get only a black screen on the Memphis site, on laptop or desktop. And still no Live Stats either. Sigh, I'm glad I can count on "snowling" for updates!

Go Hoosiers!
Yeah, you have to keep close track of what's going on with the video to know the counts, etc., but the quality of the video is great.

A rocky start to the season for Krueger, but no harm done so far.

Great overall start. Best part was Milto being Milto -- 7 innings, 7 K's/0 BB's. Worst part was probably Krueger coming in and struggling a bit, since he is supposed to be one of our best relievers. And we looked a little lost at the plate at times. Final score of 6-1 is good, but it would not have been anywhere near that if they don't throw the ball away on our base running mistake to kick off our 4 runs in the 5th. But I'll take it!!

Great overall start. Best part was Milto being Milto -- 7 innings, 7 K's/0 BB's. Worst part was probably Krueger coming in and struggling a bit, since he is supposed to be one of our best relievers. And we looked a little lost at the plate at times. Final score of 6-1 is good, but it would not have been anywhere near that if they don't throw the ball away on our base running mistake to kick off our 4 runs in the 5th. But I'll take it!!
Agree. It was a game involving the two Friday starters, so let's see who has the better Sat starter.

I haven't been able to find the pitch count, but Gordon has thrown quite a few pitches and may not be out there for the 5th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT