ADVERTISEMENT

Only in Indiana

Somebody decided to turn the Dollar General here into a drive thru. Right where they keep the beer.
I get tweets from a local group that listen to the scanner and report ongoing police and fire runs. It is helpful to know if a road is going to be blocked or something going on that may be near me.

It is a regular occurrence to see a post about shoplifting at Dollar General. I guess people think it is okay to steal cheap stuff. A drive up window would help keep people out of the building and taking things with them when they come in. I didn't know the sold beer.

When I worked at Kroger, we had Cost Cutter beer. We had a pallet of it and it was not a big seller. Maybe that beer from 30 years ago found its way to Dollar General.

Is that you from your "kroger days"?
pk2n8G2.jpg

Reactions: iucutter87
Somebody decided to turn the Dollar General here into a drive thru. Right where they keep the beer.

When I lived in Columbus OH they had drive thru liquor stores (it's been almost 30 years, but I think they were just beer and wine). I was always shocked that you could buy a cold quart of beer in your running car and drive off. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think I have ever bought a cold quart of beer that wasn't open within 60 seconds of me walking out of the store. MADD should have shut that shit down, pronto!

I remember one summer I was about 19 and had a fake ID. I was painting for a friends Dad as a summer job and didn't have a car because I was in college. My MO after a hot day of work painting outside was to ride my bike over to the liquor store and use my fake ID to buy a cold quart of beer (usually Strohs) that I'd have them put in a paper bag and drink on the ride home. Man, I thought I was cool!

Reactions: sluggo69
It must not be too widespread. My son is an assistant manager for Dollar General and he never said anything.
Where I live, all the employees (including managers) are always out smoking while the long line of people checking out with only one register going. I have walked out on several occasions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT