ADVERTISEMENT

Only a high of 72 degrees here today

San Diego, California

Read it and weep...no hurricanes and no humidity in the summer.. However it is expensive as hell so don't move here.

Tue
JAN 2 Partly Cloudy 69°53° 0% precipitation

Wed
JAN 3 Mostly Cloudy 68°54° 0% precipitation

Thu
JAN 4 Sunny 72°54° 0% precipitation

Fri
JAN 5 Mostly Sunny 70°55° 0% precipitation
Perfect weather in my book.

Reactions: sdhoosier
Has anybody heard from largemouth lately? Poor guy is freezing his nuts off

temperature.jpg

Has anybody heard from largemouth lately? Poor guy is freezing his nuts off

temperature.jpg

That's why you don't move to Florida. When the weather is nice, it's only that way for maybe 2 months out of the year. Otherwise you get to deal with it occasionally getting into the 40s, and then you have to worry about the people. On a radio station here in San Diego, they have/had a segment called "What the Florida." They'd read off something crazy that happened in Florida because it wouldn't happen anywhere else.

That's why you don't move to Florida. When the weather is nice, it's only that way for maybe 2 months out of the year. Otherwise you get to deal with it occasionally getting into the 40s, and then you have to worry about the people. On a radio station here in San Diego, they have/had a segment called "What the Florida." They'd read off something crazy that happened in Florida because it wouldn't happen anywhere else.
Yeah right, everybody knows there are no weirdos in Cal.:rolleyes:
Or earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides, etc...............

That's why you don't move to Florida. When the weather is nice, it's only that way for maybe 2 months out of the year. Otherwise you get to deal with it occasionally getting into the 40s

I can tell you have never lived here, or even visited much.

Near the Florida Atlantic coast (I am in Palm Beach County) the weather is nice almost every day from October 15 through April 15th. Use your fingers, that's 6 months.

Twice now over the last twelve years it has gotten into the low 40s.
This anomaly is supposed to last about 2 days. Projected high is 70 degrees on Sunday, 74 on Monday.

I wore a long-sleeved shirt to work for the second time in 12 years today.
There have been winters where it has not gotten below 55 even once, and in 5-6 winters of the 12 I have lived here we have never turned on the heat. Today it went on for the second day this winter.

In the summers, being close to the ocean where I am, it has been over 92 degrees during about 10 days in 12 years. Usually 0-2 days a year, less 92-degree+ days per year than Indiana. Granted it is 88-92 degrees here, and humid, for about 60 days. Inland it does get high 90s rather than low 90s.

San Diego is milder and a lot less humid, I will give you that. But south Florida is a solid second option.

I didn't move here because I hate the cold or because I am old. I moved here for a job after living in Indiana/Ohio/Massachusetts all my life. The weather is a nice tangential benefit.

I can tell you have never lived here, or even visited much.

Near the Florida Atlantic coast (I am in Palm Beach County) the weather is nice almost every day from October 15 through April 15th. Use your fingers, that's 6 months.

Twice now over the last twelve years it has gotten into the low 40s.
This anomaly is supposed to last about 2 days. Projected high is 70 degrees on Sunday, 74 on Monday.

I wore a long-sleeved shirt to work for the second time in 12 years today.
There have been winters where it has not gotten below 55 even once, and in 5-6 winters of the 12 I have lived here we have never turned on the heat. Today it went on for the second day this winter.

In the summers, being close to the ocean where I am, it has been over 92 degrees during about 10 days in 12 years. Usually 0-2 days a year, less 92-degree+ days per year than Indiana. Granted it is 88-92 degrees here, and humid, for about 60 days. Inland it does get high 90s rather than low 90s.

San Diego is milder and a lot less humid, I will give you that. But south Florida is a solid second option.

I didn't move here because I hate the cold or because I am old. I moved here for a job after living in Indiana/Ohio/Massachusetts all my life. The weather is a nice tangential benefit.

I lived in Tampa for 13 months about 6 years ago, so I know roughly what I'm talking about. Note I used the word "roughly" to indicate that I'm not an expert, but do have an idea of how the weather is down there.

I was speaking in hyperbole when talking about Florida. I'm aware that the nice seasons between Florida and the midwest are just switched around. In the midwest the nice seasons are summer and fall, and in Florida, they're winter and spring.

I would embolden all of my talking points in this massive response to yours, but you're smart. You can decipher what I'm talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT