ADVERTISEMENT

Only a high of 72 degrees here today

It's 77 in Jupiter, FL, with a low of 67 tonight.

That's 64, with the wind chill.

I just got back to San Diego from Denver. The high in Denver when I left yesterday was around 15*F, and its about 65 in San Diego. My twin brother has it rough though. He came back with me the other day, but he lives in Minneapolis, where it's not supposed to get much above 0* for the next couple of days.

I mowed my lawn today and it was brutal. About 74 degrees this morning, sunny and calm. I needed two glasses of iced tea to recover.
Current temp. is 80.:cool:

Cold weather is coming!!! actually don't mind it... excited to get out on the ice and do some fishing. First year I will be taking my daughter out on the ice. She is really pumped.

Reactions: largemouth
Cold weather is coming!!! actually don't mind it... excited to get out on the ice and do some fishing. First year I will be taking my daughter out on the ice. She is really pumped.
Yeah I never understand why people think we all want to be in warm weather year round. I love the seasons.

Do you live in Jupiter or are you visiting? My wife is a Jupiter native and we live in Tequesta
I live in Palm Beach Gardens, near the line with Jupiter. I am at the Loggerhead Park Beach in Juno Beach right now. 74, but as the sun is going down it is getting chilly.

74 today in Phoenix. Beautiful out. If we want to see snow we can drive two hours north to Flagstaff and see the white stuff. I just don't have that need.

Christmas is definitely more enjoyable with snow, and Thanksgiving is more meaningful when it's cold out, but I never cared for the spring in the midwest. It was just muddy and dreary until the middle of May.

Yeah I never understand why people think we all want to be in warm weather year round. I love the seasons.
I don't think ya'll should live down here. There's too many snowbirds here now. I'm just funnin'. Enjoy scaping your windshield.;)

It’s not really about the warm weather, some people just want people to think they’ve got it better than everyone else.

72 is probably about as perfect weather as you can have in my opinion. It was -6 here this morning. I don't mind the cold. I've been around it my whole life and worked out in for 20 plus years so I do enjoy it a lot. I don't know how I would adjust to life at 72 in late December in all truthfulness, but I'll retire in 15 years and I have thought about moving to a warmer climate.

It's funny how we had 7 straight months of temps in the 70s... then the first day it snows, like clockwork, largemouth posts on the OTF about how beautiful it is where he is. I guess when you have a small window to brag about that sorta thing, you take every opportunity you can!

Enjoy your hurricanes, fire ants and Publix.

I'll bask residing in "The #1 place to live" ... 14x and counting. :D

It's funny how we had 7 straight months of temps in the 70s... then the first day it snows, like clockwork, largemouth posts on the OTF about how beautiful it is where he is. I guess when you have a small window to brag about that sorta thing, you take every opportunity you can!

What's ridiculous is S. FL also has 3 months a year where most normal people are also stuck inside.

You either have the $ to follow good weather as the seasons change, live in CA, or you just deal with a period of shitty weather. Pick your poison.

What's ridiculous is S. FL also has 3 months a year where most normal people are also stuck inside.

You either have the $ to follow good weather as the seasons change, live in CA, or you just deal with a period of shitty weather. Pick your poison.
Actually, temps are in the 90's from May thru Sept. It does get old after a while. Early tee times, fish in the morning and evening. We also have air conditioned saloons.:D

Actually, temps are in the 90's from May thru Sept. It does get old after a while. Early tee times, fish in the morning and evening. We also have air conditioned saloons.:D

My brother has lived in Miami for 20 years. Not the temps, but the humidity. It's f'n miserable by 9a in the summer (IMO, sometimes all night long, too). I just hustle from one air conditioned space to another (actually don't even bother to visit during summer anymore). But a visit right now sounds intriguing.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Yes, it is miserably hot and humid from mid-June to mid-September. Those three months suck outside, unless you are in the pool or at the beach. Those months suck outdoors somewhat like Indiana does for 4 months, December-April.

The rest of the year is fantastic, though. We are scuba diving next weekend, we went to the beach yesterday, are biking on Saturday. Windows are open and have been for weeks, No heat needed, usually no AC needed. Awesome.

Yes, we have had two hurricanes in the 13 years I've been here. My dad's farm in Indiana was damaged much more severely, twice, by tornadoes in that same time period.

If I was going to move somewhere for temps it would definitely be California, SAN Diego area. I don't want anywhere near Florida in the summer. The thing with cold weather, for the most part you bundle up and run to your car and that's it. In hot weather, and I detest humidity, you're out in it often. If I'm in a lake I'm fine. But I've spent way too many days sweating my a$$ off at a wedding or some other event in the summer where everyone is miserable. Case in point, outdoor wedding where it was 108 degrees Labor Day weekend.

You remind me of the president of a company I used to work for years ago. He would spend several winter weeks a year in Florida and would send us group emails stating what beautiful weather he was experiencing while on vacation. Meanwhile, we would be battling between eight and 10 inches of snow or severely frigid weather. He then would send us another group email an hour or so later asking whether any of us were working that day because nobody was closing anything.

Old man trolls are the worst. Make sure you are providing links next year when another hurricane is wiping Florida off the map...
Or when it's 90 and humidity off the charts every day in the summer. The strangest thing is that people believe everyone has to think alike. They think everyone wants to be in warm weather 24/7. I love the seasons, and enjoy a warm weather get away or two every winter. I would not live in Florida if you paid me.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Old man trolls are the worst. Make sure you are providing links next year when another hurricane is wiping Florida off the map...
Actually, IRMA damaged my roof to the point that it has been replaced (asphalt shingles). The insurance sent us a check for "some" of the total. My deductible was $3600, and our share of the re-roof was $3147. We now have a new roof on our 12 year old house. :)
And, it's 61 degrees right now. :cool:

Or when it's 90 and humidity off the charts every day in the summer. The strangest thing is that people believe everyone has to think alike. They think everyone wants to be in warm weather 24/7. I love the seasons, and enjoy a warm weather get away or two every winter. I would not live in Florida if you paid me.
I'm not sure why you keep saying, "people believe everyone has to think alike" and "they think everyone wants to be in warm weather".
I'm just Woofin', kidding, teasing, breaking your balls, etc.
Lighten up, already.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you keep saying, "people believe every has to think alike" and "they think everyone wants to be in warm weather".
I'm just Woofin', kidding, teasing, breaking your balls, etc.
Lighten up, already.
Oh I don't just mean you. It's one of my pet peeves and happens every year as soon as winter comes around. My Facebook feed is full of it too.

I lived in Indiana almost 59 years. I'm a Hoosier living in Fla.
I didn't take offense, and I'm just teasing.

San Diego, California

Read it and weep...no hurricanes and no humidity in the summer.. However it is expensive as hell so don't move here.

Tue
JAN 2 Partly Cloudy 69°53° 0% precipitation

Wed
JAN 3 Mostly Cloudy 68°54° 0% precipitation

Thu
JAN 4 Sunny 72°54° 0% precipitation

Fri
JAN 5 Mostly Sunny 70°55° 0% precipitation

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT