ADVERTISEMENT

Only a Few Big Plays Make The Difference in Game

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
1. Pick Six
Ramsey still makes the occasional (not many) rushed throw trying to make something happen - 7 pts

2. End of First Half score
Hated to see IU give up a TD in last minute of first half. Those are killers. 7 pts.

3. Fake FG
Sorry but we have a Special Teams Coordinator now whose job is to think about how to stop things like this! 7 pts

4. Not setting the edge on the run
Had a flashback to the UM overtime run last year when IU has it down to 7 pts, MSU RB breaks killer 50+ yd run. 7 pts

4 plays, 28 points, more than enough to make the difference in the game.

Other observations:
-OLine didn’t win that battle tonight, hence virtually no run game tonight
-Then Offense had no deep ball threat at all
-Defense had some trouble stopping the pass

Learn from it. Get amnesia and be ready for Rutgers next week!

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising
Good list but #1 is more than 7 points. We were in scoring position. At least 10 point swing

We never make the key plays to win a big game. Always wilting under pressure. Doesn’t matter who the coach is.

We never make the key plays to win a big game. Always wilting under pressure. Doesn’t matter who the coach is.
That is part of process of turning around a program. I wish I had the answer as to how to fix it but I don’t. The truly great coaches have the answer. I hope Coach Allen has it and gets it done. We can still have an unbelieveable year. We just need to keep the faith.Bu the way we finally sounded on tv like we had a legitimate crowd that was really into the game. Having a bowl is huge in keeping crowd noise in.

Reactions: ESalum86
Sparty is pretty pedestrian this year. I didn't think they were all that better than us, but made the big plays that wins ball games (fake FG/ pick 6).

The D was obviously gassed in the 2nd half from the inability of the offense to sustain a running game.

A shame because the IU D controlled the game for much of the 1st 3 quarters.

Hopefully put a hurting on Rutgers and show well against OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT