ADVERTISEMENT

Only 2 games out of third place

It’s the mathematics that I find interesting. No expectations.
The sky has been falling on here since half way thru LAST season.
Yet here we sit, gaining momentum and still in the hunt.

I mean shit man is it too much to ask not to be on the bubble year three in late February? Glad we won, pumped really, looks like we are gonna make the tourney. We could still shit the bed, but if we don't and make the tourney, well it's about damn time.

I mean shit man is it too much to ask not to be on the bubble year three in late February? Glad we won, pumped really, looks like we are gonna make the tourney. We could still shit the bed, but if we don't and make the tourney, well it's about damn time.
Is it to much to ask for you to not be such a drama queen. Get your glow on material girl.

The difference between 1-12 in this conference is extremely small.

This is so true. Everyone has annointed the Big 10 as best conference. But the definition of best is very subjective. Most competitive? Definitely. No team other than Maryland that is really good. But only a couple that would be defined as bad. When you have 11 teams that all fall in a range of mediocre it does lead to very competitive.

This is so true. Everyone has annointed the Big 10 as best conference. But the definition of best is very subjective. Most competitive? Definitely. No team other than Maryland that is really good. But only a couple that would be defined as bad. When you have 11 teams that all fall in a range of mediocre it does lead to very competitive.
I watch way too much college basketball. The big ten has the best teams in the country. There will be 6+ big ten teams in the sweet 16, and 2 in the final four. This is the year the big ten cuts down the nets. I’m going with penn state.

i was surprised when they were scrolling the B1G standings during the game, and showed all these 3rd place teams with 6 conf losses. The conference has been a bloodbath this year.

Choking away the home game vs Maryland really hurt. Difference between a bubble team and a lock. All decided at the end of just one game we had in the bag.

Man I freaking had a grand on IU that day. Jackasses

I watch way too much college basketball. The big ten has the best teams in the country. There will be 6+ big ten teams in the sweet 16, and 2 in the final four. This is the year the big ten cuts down the nets. I’m going with penn state.

The Big Ten doesn't have the best teams in the country. It's the deepest conference in the country, by a wide margin. The difficult part is you get very few easy games where you can play poorly and still win.

We'll see, but I completely disagree.

I think there is a lot of parity in the B1G. Any team could win on any given night.

I don't think that any B1G teams will reach the final 4. I wouldn't even begin to bet that 6 teams will make the Sweet 16. At all.

We'll see, but I completely disagree.

I think there is a lot of parity in the B1G. Any team could win on any given night.

I don't think that any B1G teams will reach the final 4. I wouldn't even begin to bet that 6 teams will make the Sweet 16. At all.

well how much you wanna bet a big ten team is in the final 4?

Reactions: Radio Zero
Nah, I wouldn't take that bet. There's too much parity in college basketball.

Many of the Blue Bloods that usually dominate are down a bit this year.

That being said, I have trouble seeing any of the B1G teams show the level of consistency to make a true run at the title.

Great win!!!

Let's be honest..Hold serve at home.
Most likely gets us in..
But I could see a serious game in Champaign..
But probably smoked in West Layeffette..

Sustained progress comes in steps. I don't know why ANYONE expected us to be competing for the B10 title this year. Why are expectations so ridiculously high for a coach who had 2 recruiting classes to rebuild a mess of a roster (No PG, only decent shooter a Sr, Morgan the only post)? They were picked 10th in the B10 in the preseason for good reasons (most of the talent is in the freshmen and Sophomore class and the upperclassmen aren't leaders). TJD has vastly exceeded expectations, but he is a freshman.

It’s the mathematics that I find interesting. No expectations.
The sky has been falling on here since half way thru LAST season.
Yet here we sit, gaining momentum and still in the hunt.
This just goes to show how weak college basketball has become with the NBA’s overly aggressive desire for money, raiding the college game of talent. I thought Minnesota stunk. There was a world of difference between Michigan and Minnesota and what IU was allowed to do, particularly in regard to TJD.

Reactions: IUgradman
This just goes to show how weak college basketball has become with the NBA’s overly aggressive desire for money, raiding the college game of talent. I thought Minnesota stunk. There was a world of difference between Michigan and Minnesota and what IU was allowed to do, particularly in regard to TJD.
Absolutely true. Minnesota looked like us at our worse. They are a terribly coached team, with a dreadful offense. Good win for us, because any win, especially on the road, is a good win. And we went to our best player for buckets against a laughable interior defense, which is something we didn’t do too many times this year. I wouldn’t read too much beyond that into the win. Just be ready for the next one, which will be a challenge.

Reactions: IUgradman
Absolutely true. Minnesota looked like us at our worse. They are a terribly coached team, with a dreadful offense. Good win for us, because any win, especially on the road, is a good win. And we went to our best player for buckets against a laughable interior defense, which is something we didn’t do too many times this year. I wouldn’t read too much beyond that into the win. Just be ready for the next one, which will be a challenge.

all these things may be true but Minnesota beat (and trashed) some good teams at home. maybe we can just call it the WORST road win EVAR?

Reactions: Radio Zero
Let's be honest..Hold serve at home.
Most likely gets us in..
But I could see a serious game in Champaign..
But probably smoked in West Layeffette..

3 wins definitely gets us in. We should beat WI and MN at home. That means we need to get 1 of: PSU at home, or PU or IL on the road. Everyone seems to love PSU, and the only time I got to watch them was our game, but they didn't impress me. Maybe that wasn't a great game for them either, but honestly I thought Rutgers was a better team. I'd rather see us beat PU, and I think MN might have better players than PU, but Purdue plays better as a team. Hell, let's just win 4 or all 5, and finally get a little momentum!

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
PSU and IL will be tough games for us. PU is no good but has our number. We may get to 9 wins which should end up putting us ahead of Ohio St for 9th and maybe tied with Mich or Rutgers for 8th if either kinda screws up and limps home. The future is the hardest thing to predict.

I wish I had the numbers in front of me, but it seems the home court discrepancy has reversed lately. It was insane a few weeks ago. A prediction to the mean was expected and we are seeing teams losing at home now frequently in conference play. Expect it to continue.

I really doubt IU holds serve at home & loses out on the road. We may win out at home, but don’t be surprised to see more road wins.

Gaining momentum? Won one game.

"Gaining momentum" is a bit much, but it is significant that we played easily our best game so far on the road. Our only other road win was Nebraska.........we played really well for a while there but did not sustain it.

Penn State at home is doable.......they have been playing really well, but struggled against Illinois. It might be a good time to play them.

Both this game and FSU took career games from individuals, TJD and Green, respectively. We haven’t had huge games from too many this season...yet, hopefully.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT