ADVERTISEMENT

Only 2 games out of third place

3 wins definitely gets us in. We should beat WI and MN at home. That means we need to get 1 of: PSU at home, or PU or IL on the road. Everyone seems to love PSU, and the only time I got to watch them was our game, but they didn't impress me. Maybe that wasn't a great game for them either, but honestly I thought Rutgers was a better team. I'd rather see us beat PU, and I think MN might have better players than PU, but Purdue plays better as a team. Hell, let's just win 4 or all 5, and finally get a little momentum!

I don't watch the bracket stuff as closely as others, but I think 2/3 of PSU, MN & WIS at home + 1 win in the BTT would do it.......that would be 9-11 in conference, 20-13 overall.

Absolutely true. Minnesota looked like us at our worse. They are a terribly coached team, with a dreadful offense. Good win for us, because any win, especially on the road, is a good win. And we went to our best player for buckets against a laughable interior defense, which is something we didn’t do too many times this year. I wouldn’t read too much beyond that into the win. Just be ready for the next one, which will be a challenge.

They have played much better than they did last night, most of the BT season.......that Iowa loss was a tough one.

I don't watch the bracket stuff as closely as others, but I think 2/3 of PSU, MN & WIS at home + 1 win in the BTT would do it.......that would be 9-11 in conference, 20-13 overall.
9-11 conference record with 20 wins isn't getting in. Big Ten will send a lot of teams this year, but there will be a limit on how many BT teams they let in.

3 wins definitely gets us in. We should beat WI and MN at home. That means we need to get 1 of: PSU at home, or PU or IL on the road. Everyone seems to love PSU, and the only time I got to watch them was our game, but they didn't impress me. Maybe that wasn't a great game for them either, but honestly I thought Rutgers was a better team. I'd rather see us beat PU, and I think MN might have better players than PU, but Purdue plays better as a team. Hell, let's just win 4 or all 5, and finally get a little momentum!
We've won 17.

All that is needed is to change our name to "St. John's" and 17 wins are probably enough.

At least that's about all it usually takes for St. John's to get in the NCAA tournament year after year after year after year after year Y-A-W-N after year after year after year.

It’s the mathematics that I find interesting. No expectations.
The sky has been falling on here since half way thru LAST season.
Yet here we sit, gaining momentum and still in the hunt.
Only 4 teams have more overall wins than IU in the conference. Two of those 4 teams only have one more win than IU.

Both this game and FSU took career games from individuals, TJD and Green, respectively. We haven’t had huge games from too many this season...yet, hopefully.

Well, I'm hoping the players finally recognize what has been frustrating me for most of this season: TJD is clearly our best player, priority #1 should be to get him the ball in the post whenever possible. As has been discussed, he's not great at sealing his man and making himself a target, which only puts more emphasis on our guards to constantly be looking to forcefeed him the ball. Not in situations where he can't be successful, but whenever possible when he can. He's amazingly composed for a freshman (best in the post since Alan Henderson, imo) and good things happen when he gets the ball, including more open perimeter shots. A friend pointed out how well he runs and beats his man down the court. That's a great option, push it and get it to him before they have time to set up a double team or have someone dig down. They said we are 8-0 when he gets a double double. He should be getting a minimum of 12 shots a game, every game.

We've won 17.

All that is needed is to change our name to "St. John's" and 17 wins are probably enough.

At least that's about all it usually takes for St. John's to get in the NCAA tournament year after year after year after year after year Y-A-W-N after year after year after year.

That's interesting, except that I don't think St Johns has even made the tourney for 3 of the last 4 years, and with not fewer than 19 wins the last 3 times they made it which spans back to 2011 and Steve Lavin's first year, and then they hadn't made it for like the preceding 8 years according to Wikipedia. There's this thing called the internet now; you should check it out!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._John's_Red_Storm_men's_basketball

Well, I'm hoping the players finally recognize what has been frustrating me for most of this season: TJD is clearly our best player, priority #1 should be to get him the ball in the post whenever possible. As has been discussed, he's not great at sealing his man and making himself a target, which only puts more emphasis on our guards to constantly be looking to forcefeed him the ball. Not in situations where he can't be successful, but whenever possible when he can. He's amazingly composed for a freshman (best in the post since Alan Henderson, imo) and good things happen when he gets the ball, including more open perimeter shots. A friend pointed out how well he runs and beats his man down the court. That's a great option, push it and get it to him before they have time to set up a double team or have someone dig down. They said we are 8-0 when he gets a double double. He should be getting a minimum of 12 shots a game, every game.

cody was better then him in the post for sure. TJD isn’t great when he is set in the post. Way better when running at the basket. Much better than Cody at that, or just about anyone at IU I can remember.

I watch way too much college basketball. The big ten has the best teams in the country. There will be 6+ big ten teams in the sweet 16, and 2 in the final four. This is the year the big ten cuts down the nets. I’m going with penn state.

WOW, that's one huge bottle of Big 10 kool aid. The Big 10 has a lot of the same teams just wearing different uniforms. All average to good but hardly the best in the country. I will say 3 or less in the Sweet 16 and no big 10 teams in the Final Four. How about wagering a grand apiece on all 4 of our predictions?

WOW, that's one huge bottle of Big 10 kool aid. The Big 10 has a lot of the same teams just wearing different uniforms. All average to good but hardly the best in the country. I will say 3 or less in the Sweet 16 and no big 10 teams in the Final Four. How about wagering a grand apiece on all 4 of our predictions?

My prediction is more bold in terms of vegas odds. Ill do the bet if we take it down to 5 or more big ten teams in the sweet 16.

So it would be 5 or more, and 4 or more for me to win.
And 1 or more teams in the final 4, or 2 or more.

If you wanna do the bet, I am also gonna need some proof you are gonna stand by your word, anyone on this board can vouch for you? You got another sn? 2 post history makes me a bit weary haha.

cody was better then him in the post for sure. TJD isn’t great when he is set in the post. Way better when running at the basket. Much better than Cody at that, or just about anyone at IU I can remember.

Cody was good and I should have mentioned him, but honestly, I thought Cody was so misused I guess it was frustrating. I thought he also had a tendency to dribble/drop his shoulder in traffic so I didn't think he was nearly as effective for a 7'er as he could have been. He was much better facing the basket and I think had an underused jumpshot (hello Syracuse!) that TJD doesn't have. I'll bet for sheer post touches, TJD has a higher conversion rate as a freshman, but both are/were good. Cody also had more weapons around him so TJD should legit be getting more opportunities than Cody did.

Cody was good and I should have mentioned him, but honestly, I thought Cody was so misused I guess it was frustrating. I thought he also had a tendency to dribble/drop his shoulder in traffic so I didn't think he was nearly as effective for a 7'er as he could have been. He was much better facing the basket and I think had an underused jumpshot (hello Syracuse!) that TJD doesn't have. I'll bet for sheer post touches, TJD has a higher conversion rate as a freshman, but both are/were good. Cody also had more weapons around him so TJD should legit be getting more opportunities than Cody did.
Yep, there were many times that Cody played like he was 6'3"

My prediction is more bold in terms of vegas odds. Ill do the bet if we take it down to 5 or more big ten teams in the sweet 16.

So it would be 5 or more, and 4 or more for me to win.
And 1 or more teams in the final 4, or 2 or more.

If you wanna do the bet, I am also gonna need some proof you are gonna stand by your word, anyone on this board can vouch for you? You got another sn? 2 post history makes me a bit weary haha.

No other user names. And no one to vouch for me here. I make my way to various message boards to talk basketball. No particular team I pull for, I just love the game. But this site for some reason only allows me one post per day. Which is a shame cause that bet would be nothing short of a donation to my kids college fund.

No other user names. And no one to vouch for me here. I make my way to various message boards to talk basketball. No particular team I pull for, I just love the game. But this site for some reason only allows me one post per day. Which is a shame cause that bet would be nothing short of a donation to my kids college fund.

just bet money line against all the big ten teams. 75% will be favored in the first round and about 50/50 in the second round. Ya when you just sign up it only allows a few posts a day for awhile. You can edit your original post tho as many times as you want and it time stamps your edit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT